3rd annual fellowship week coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Frank Ernest

Which Christian character school are you talking about?

Forthright, blunt honesty,

or

simpering, wimpering, doormat, kissy-kissy?

Speaking the truth in love;

maturity;

integrity;

wisdom;

Gal. 5:22,23 Fruit of Spirit (Love I Cor. 13).

It is legit to be forthright and honest; it is not legit. to name-call, distort, slander/libel, be fleshly and ignorant, etc.

Jesus had compassion and sensitivity with the wounded and hurting= love.

He was only harsh and rebuking with the hard-hearted= wrath.

Paul and Jesus had discernment, wisdom, and authority. Some here are simply fleshly, arrogant, and insecure. They do not have the humility, love, grace, wisdom, and insight to tear others apart. They have logs in their eyes while they try to get toothpicks out of others.

Sozo: Why am I not on your buddy list?:angel:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

Never?

Jesus knew how to name-call. No, not never. Saying someone is worse than Hitler and his Jew slaughter over views on sanctification is abominable name-calling.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by godrulz

No, not never.
OK. You might want to take care not to over-generalize by saying things like "it is not legit. to name-call." Whether or not name-calling is "legit" depends entirely on the circumstances.

Many Chrisians actually think that namecalling is never appropriate. They use prooftexts like Matthew 5:22:
  • [jesus]"But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire."[/jesus]
They take the last sentence of the verse out of context, and ignore the phrase "without a cause" altogether. They also ignore the many verses throughout the Bible in which God and His prophets call certain people names (including "fool").

While I too get disgusted at Christians who routinely get angry and/or name-call without cause, we ought to take care not to reinforce the notion that name-calling is always wrong.

Sozo

Originally posted by Turbo

While I too get disgusted at Christians who routinely get angry and/or name-call without cause

Amen, me too!

That is why I NEVER do it without just cause!

Sozo

Originally posted by godrulz

"Dreamer, nothing but a deluded dreamer....dreamer..."

Are you calling me names? What justification do you have for doing so?

btw... According to you what I do in my dreams is beyond my control, so you have no right to accuse me for dreaming or anything that might take place during those dreams.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Sozo

Are you calling me names? What justification do you have for doing so?

btw... According to you what I do in my dreams is beyond my control, so you have no right to accuse me for dreaming or anything that might take place during those dreams.

Its from a Supertramp song. OK....Daydreamer, nothing but a daydreamer....

taoist

Isn't there something about "put your hands on your hips" in those lyrics somewhere ... can almost hear it in my head.

And no, Billy, we're not there yet. Do we need to stop somewhere so you can get more comfortable? You got in trouble the last time you let something fly out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.