2nd Annual TOL-a-THON (2008)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome to the Second annual TOL-a-THON.

We need to raise $4500.00 in the next two weeks or God is going to kill me.... errrrrr... God is going to "take me home" ..... errrr.... TOL will not be able to upgrade to a dedicated server. :noid:

For more on why TOL needs a dedicated server read this.

Therefore we have decided to have a two week long telethon, errrrrr... webathon, errrrr... TOL-a-THON!!! The money we raise during the TOL-a-THON will pay our server fee's for an entire year.

So, if you support what TOL is all about, or you just love participating on TOL, or you hate us but love having a forum to battle us on and you want to see theologyonline grow and thrive please consider donating to the 2nd annual TOL-a-THON! Donations are accepted in any amount and can be paid securely via a credit card or eCheck through our TOL-aTHON donation system.

CLICK HERE TO MAKE A DONATION OF ANY AMOUNT

Another easy way to help....
Besides straight donations the next best way to help TOL raise money during the 2008 TOL-a-Thon will be to renew your yearly TOL subscription during the TOL-a-Thon and we will count that towards our fund raising goal, it will also help us raise the server fees next August and so-on.

EXAMPLE:
Let's say you are a $30 per year TOL member and your subscription anniversary is in April. If you renew your subscription during the TOL-a-Thon you will be essentially paying for a few months twice but now your subscription anniversary will be in August and it will really help TOL stay in business. Therefore you will be donating funds because of your semi-double payment, but more importantly you will be getting on a payment schedule that will REALLY help TOL survive.

Also if you are a monthly subscriber and you change to a yearly subscriber during the TOL-a-Thon that will really help us as well. Again we will count that towards our goal.

Basically we want to alter the way we collect money and try to do as much of it as possible every August.

If you have any questions about the upcoming TOL-a-Thon please don't hesitate to ask your questions in this thread.

Thank you in advance for your support!

In Christ - Knight.

TOL-a-THON FAQ...

Question: How long in the TOL-a-THON going to last?
Answer: Two weeks. The TOL-a-THON will run from August 4th until August 18th.

Question: What money given to TOL within the next two weeks counts towards the TOL-a-THON?
Answer: Mainly the money donated through the TOL-a-THON system but we will also count new and renewed YEARLY subscriptions.

Question: Why doesn't monthly subscriptions count towards the TOL-a-THON goal?
Answer: We will now be paying our yearly hosting fee (which is rather large) all at once - no more monthly server fees, therefore we are asking that people consider renewing their yearly subscriptions during this TOL-a-THON so that raising the money each year will be less painful.

Question: Should only right-wing Christians donate to the TOL-a-THON?
Answer: Of course not! TOL depends on ALL of you! You don't have to be a right-wing fanatic to help TOL thrive! If you like participating on TOL for the sole purpose of bashing right-wingers then TOL still is a value for you and you should consider donating to the cause.

Question: What if we fall short of our goal? What will happen to the money raised in the TOL-a-THON?
Answer: We will not fall short of our goal!!! But, for whatever reason if we fall short of our goal I will have to make arrangements with the hosting company to pay monthly or possibly quarterly or whatever we can afford. Then, we will need to raise money more times during the year to make those quarterly payments.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Second annual TOL-a-THON has now officially begun!

Thank you all in advance for supporting TOL. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I hope everyone understands, there are essentially two ways to help TOL reach our $4500 goal (you can do both if you are able or just pick the one that best fits your budget or preference)

The most helpful way is to give a straight donation, you can do that by clicking here. Then click the gold/orange "PayPal Donate" button where you will be taken to a screen that will allow you to choose your donation amount.

Purchase a TOL yearly subscription or renew your current yearly subscription during the TOL-a-THON. By renewing your yearly subscription you will get on a payment schedule that will coincide with our new yearly hosting fee. Click here to renew or purchase your TOL yearly subscription.

All yearly subscriptions purchased or renewed during the TOL-a-TON will count towards our $4,500 goal.

Thank you in advance for your support!!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just bought a subscription but I'm not sure it worked :(
It worked.

When folks buy a subscription I have to manually add that to the goal total so it can take a few minutes (or longer, if I am away from my computer) and I don't think their names automatically show up in the donor list.

Either way....
Your donation is tallied and along with Ewoyn's we are off to a great start!

:up:

Thunder's Muse

It worked.

When folks buy a subscription I have to manually add that to the goal total so it can take a few minutes (or longer, if I am away from my computer) and I don't think their names automatically show up in the donor list.

Either way....
Your donation is tallied and along with Ewoyn's we are off to a great start!

:up:

Thanks Knight. I thought it might be something like that, so I logged off and back on and YAY!!! :D

Go TOL!!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks Maximee, you just pushed us over to 2.5%!!!

I have to get some sleep so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Thanks again for a great start to TOL-a-THON 2008!!!

DoogieTalons

BANNED
Banned
Despite feeling I am always one creationist away from a ban I have thrown caution to the wind and subscribed for a year this time.

I have decided to donate a little more later on too. See how things go...

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Despite feeling I am always one creationist away from a ban I have thrown caution to the wind and subscribed for a year this time.

I have decided to donate a little more later on too. See how things go...

:thumb:​

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It sounds like a scam to me
Yep... but what you must know is we are the stupidist scammers on the planet, we put all this work and effort into scammimg folks out of $4,500 when we could put that same effort into a $45,000 scam or a $450,000 scam. :idunno:

I feel like Dr. Evil Evil in Austin Powers....

Dr. Evil: Let's just do what we always do. Hijack some nuclear weapons and hold the world hostage. Yeah? Good! Gentlemen, it has come to my attention that a breakaway Russian Republic called Kreplachistan will be transferring a nuclear warhead to the United Nations in a few days. Here's the plan. We get the warhead and we hold the world ransom for... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
Number Two: Don't you think we should ask for *more* than a million dollars? A million dollars isn't exactly a lot of money these days. Virtucon alone makes over 9 billion dollars a year!
Dr. Evil: Really? That's a lot of money.
[pause]
Dr. Evil: Okay then, we hold the world ransom for...
Dr. Evil: One... Hundred... BILLION DOLLARS!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow! Things went great while I was sleeping and working.

We are now at almost 20% of our goal. Thank you chickenman, judging u and bucksplasher.

Oh and bucksplasher... you donated $30 and mentioned a membership so you are all set for a year. :up: