24 Men and Women to Live on Mars

The Berean

This project will go nowhere. We currently do not have the space technology to even get to Mars let alone live there. Also, these people have not thought this through. Lets assume that they actually reach Mars and build a settlement. What they have not considered is how the Martian environment will adversely affect their bodies.

Mars has only has 38% gravity of the Earth. This low gravity will do screwy things to their bodies like reduce bone density and induce muscle atrophy. In essence their bodies will weaken. What will happen to any children born on Mars? How will this low gravity affect a woman's pregnancy?

bybee

This project will go nowhere. We currently do not have the space technology to even get to Mars let alone live there. Also, these people have not thought this through. Lets assume that they actually reach Mars and build a settlement. What they have not considered is how the Martian environment will adversely affect their bodies.

Mars has only has 38% gravity of the Earth. This low gravity will do screwy things to their bodies like reduce bone density and induce muscle atrophy. In essence their bodies will weaken. What will happen to any children born on Mars? How will this low gravity affect a woman's pregnancy?

A baby born there would be a citizen of Mars!

OCTOBER23

MANKIND WILL NEVER GO TO MARS

WORMWOOD WILL HIT IN 2024 ALONG WITH OTHER METEORS

THAT WILL DESTROY THE SPACE LABRATORIES AND ALL AIRPLANES AND MANY PEOPLE.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revelation 8:7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood,

and they were cast upon the earth: 200 PEOPLE PER AIRPLANE => MINGLED WITH BLOOD.

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

TIPlatypus

No, I do not even like going on holidays much. And I like earth too much to leave, and I have hypermobility, so I wouldn't be allowed anyway.

genuineoriginal

Quote from the video - 1:26-1:34
"If we can look up from Earth and know that human beings are living on another planet
"Will we ever again be able to tell ourselves that there is anything we can't do?"

Quote from the Bible

Genesis 11:4-6
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
6 And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.​

Man tried to build a tower to escape from God's wrath, now they are trying to colonize another planet to escape from God's wrath.

It didn't work then, I won't work now.

The Berean

I do not believe the Tower of Babel was built to escape God's wrath.

Genesis 11:4
They said, “Come, let us build for ourselves a city, and a tower whose top will reach into heaven, and let us make for ourselves a name, otherwise we will be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth.”

There is no mention of escaping God's wrath. In the end it doesn't matter because this group simply doesn't have the money nor the technical capability to go to Mars. The first real serious attempt to visit Mars won't be until the 2030's at the earliest.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Who exactly is going to give them "billions in investments and research grants"? :idunno:

private investors = nasa, governments, us basically - pretty long list, but why don't you explain everything about living on mars - :patrol: - sorry, you agree it seems, that it is a ridiculous endeavor. i actually don't know where all the money for pursuing this will come from. but at the end of the day somehow, the regular people pay the tab

The Berean

private investors = nasa, governments, us basically - pretty long list, but why don't you explain everything about living on mars - :patrol:

NASA is going to give some wacky fringe private group billions of dollars? :rotfl: NASA currently has no plans for a manned Martian mission. The first manned Martian mission will be led by a multinational consortium most likely NASA, the ESA, and the Russians. My best guess that the earliest this may happen is the mid 2030's. As I said before currently there is no operation spacecraft capable of reaching Mars, there are no environmental suits designed for the Martian surface, there are no habitat designs ready for Mars, no one knows how to grow crops in the Martian soil, and no one has any idea about how the human body will hold up when exposed to long term cosmic radiation that the Martian surface receives. Should I go on?

Don't worry patrick, this "project" is just a publicity stunt. NASA has not and will never give them money. Now if this group said they were going to colonize the Moon at least that is within the realm of possibility.