JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Revelation 20:5

What is that supposed to prove?

Are you trying to say that the Bible contradicts itself? I can assure you it does not.

Did you even bother reading the context of that verse? Or are you just prooftexting?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
you posted

Hebrews 9:27

Yes, I did, because, especially when you consider the context, it is relevant to the topic.

I posted

Revelation 20:5

Which, when you consider the context, has literally nothing to do with the idea of having multiple lives and reincarnation.

now you are worried about context?

To rephrase what Bruce Banner says in The Avengers:

I'm always worried about context.

Which is why I called you out on your citing of Revelation 20:5, and yet, NOT hypocritically, quoted Hebrews 9:27.

Here is the context of both. You tell me which one deals more closely with the idea that people reincarnate and have several lifetimes:

Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in the heavens should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;not that He should offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the Most Holy Place every year with blood of another—He then would have had to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now, once at the end of the ages, He has appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment,so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many. To those who eagerly wait for Him He will appear a second time, apart from sin, for salvation. - Hebrews 9:23-28 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NKJV

And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years. - Revelation 20:4-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

Or, better yet, which of those passages describe your current situation?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
as it is appointed unto men once to die

Read the whole verse, Chrys.

"... but after this (their one death) the judgement,"

What judgment?

Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them.And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20:11-15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation20:11-15&version=NKJV