ECT 10 Principles of NT eschatology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

You are CONFUSING the dispensation of the grace of God with what you call the "NT".

And WHO said that it was relevant to Mt. 21 anyway?

You are so lost in your fairy tale.

I don't know what your confusion is because I'm not confused. I would suggest dumping your D'ist categories and just know the Word.

'ethne' is relevant to Mt 21 because Christ makes a play on the word. They thought it was their legal state; he said I will make one--a new one, but the main feature is that it is not a legal state; instead it is those who produce the fruit of the kingdom.

There is only the realities of the text. No fairy tale. I suggest you stop pretending there is one and actually listen to the details of what I'm saying.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I don't know what your confusion is because I'm not confused. I would suggest dumping your D'ist categories and just know the Word.

'ethne' is relevant to Mt 21 because Christ makes a play on the word. They thought it was their legal state; he said I will make one--a new one, but the main feature is that it is not a legal state; instead it is those who produce the fruit of the kingdom.

There is only the realities of the text. No fairy tale. I suggest you stop pretending there is one and actually listen to the details of what I'm saying.

Mat 21:41
Mat 21:43

Different husbandmen...same vineyard.

Isa 5:7

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

100% made up. What's wrong with you?

Interplanner

Mat 21:41
Mat 21:43

Different husbandmen...same vineyard.

Isa 5:7

So where do we disagree? The vineyard of God is not the nation of Israel, of course. It's going to be the whole world--the mission. "It is too small a thing for you to restore the fortunes of Israel; I will make you a light to the nations."--Isaiah.

Mt 21 is not an intra-Israel statement, in which the believers in Israel become the new Israel, because they don't do or believe anything different from what other Christians believe. They just have a helpful background.

I will never let D'ism set up its artificial compartments, divisions, fractures, categories if I can help it.

Interplanner

Isa 5:7 For the vineyard of the LORD of hosts is the house of Israel,

Not in the total statement of the NT about what his vineyard is and who is working in it. There is no exclusion of non-Jews in the kingdom/vineyard.

You have to keep step with the NT on these things, otherwise you have a mess.

D'ism is the worst at it because it is stuck reading the OT as OT and does not absorb the new wine.

SaulToPaul 2

Not in the total statement of the NT about what his vineyard is and who is working in it. There is no exclusion of non-Jews in the kingdom/vineyard.

D'ism is the worst at it because it is stuck reading the OT as OT and does not absorb the new wine.

100% made up.
Pathetic.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

The BOC is not the vineyard.
The house of Israel is the vineyard.

Interplanner

Not going forward in the NT. You are simply not aware that it became the mission to all nations, or you refuse to believe it. There is no reason why the Gospel of justification from sins would be limited to Israel, and Acts 13:47 shows that by proclaiming the light of Christ named by Isaiah, the person doing the proclaiming himself becomes a light to the nations. So it was always intended to be the promise to Abraham's 'in your seed will bless all nations.'

Have a good day; I'm off to work.

SaulToPaul 2

Not going forward in the NT. You are simply not aware that it became the mission to all nations, or you refuse to believe it. There is no reason why the Gospel of justification from sins would be limited to Israel, and Acts 13:47 shows that by proclaiming the light of Christ named by Isaiah, the person doing the proclaiming himself becomes a light to the nations. So it was always intended to be the promise to Abraham's 'in your seed will bless all nations.'

Have a good day; I'm off to work.

Made up.

Interplanner

the fact that it is a new entity is what makes 'ethne' a play on words. it would normally be 'nation,' but it is not going to be a nation! It was Judaism that needed to be informed that it was not going to be a nation as such. The husk Israel might continue or not, but God's mission was going to be continued by this other.

Likewise, branches from the nation Israel (individuals) had to graft back to the true tree by faith, not by their race, Rom 11.

SaulToPaul 2

the fact that it is a new entity is what makes 'ethne' a play on words. it would normally be 'nation,' but it is not going to be a nation! It was Judaism that needed to be informed that it was not going to be a nation as such. The husk Israel might continue or not, but God's mission was going to be continued by this other.

Likewise, branches from the nation Israel (individuals) had to graft back to the true tree by faith, not by their race, Rom 11.

Made up, via a vain imagination.

SaulToPaul 2

Rationalization, humanism, unbelief.

northwye

Does not a partial preterist or historical theology imply or say that none of the prophecies written in the First Century apply to the Christian ekklesia in the latter days? Here are some of those prophecies that Christians have used to support the identification of an apostasy beginning in the 19th century and progressing now in the 21st century - II Thessalonians 2:3-12, Luke 13: 20-21, Matthew 24: 11,23, II Peter 2: 1-3, I John 2: 18-19, I John 4: 1-3, I Timothy 4: 1-3, II Timothy 3: 1-8,and II Timothy 4: 3-4.

The ekklesia itself when it is in a time of apostasy does not acknowledge it is in apostasy. Pointing out that the ekklesia is in apostasy is the work of the remnant. And so the partial preterist or historical theology is in disagreement with the remnant in 2017.

Bringing up Francis Schaeffer is interesting because I corresponded with him in 1984 at the time he wrote his last book, The Great Evangelical Disaster - of 1984. I had written a book on the Counterculture then which the Conservative Christian book publishers did not like. One editor said the Church was not interested in the Counterculture. Schafer said he understood what I was wrestling with. He was interested in the Counterculture. In some ways, Schaeffer's writings and his ideas led into the remnant which exists now. For example, his house church, L'Abri Fellowship, was one way of exit from the church in apostasy, and obedience in part to the call of Revelation 18: 4 and to the explanation in Revelation 18: 23 of what it is we are called out of.

I remember the time in 1979 when I was in the stacks of the main Library of the University of Texas and saw the Greek text of II Timothy 3: 1-8. I could not read any of the Greek, but that text seemed important to me then. Near that time I talked once with a Southern Baptist Preacher in Austin and remarked to him that II Timothy 3: 1-8 was about what was happening in 1979. He paid no attention to what I was saying. I suspect Scaeffer might have paid attention.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Those are not principles, those are opinions.

Here is a set of principles:
_____
10 Principles for Doing Eschatology

The 3 Do’s

1. Hold your feet to Scripture

2. Examine passages according to each viewpoint.

3. Probe for (in)consistency.

The 7 Don’ts

1. Don't choose a side and then look for evidence to support it.

2. Don't choose a side for its social capital.

3. Don't act as though eschatology doesn’t matter.

4. Don't say you are without bias.

5. Don't dismiss an argument because it seems new.

6. Don't dismiss ideas because they have been abused.

7. Don't make eschatology the hill to die on.
_____​

I got an eleventh for ya...

Use scripture to prove scripture.

Everything concerning eschatology is proved out from Genesis to Revelation just using the Bible itself. God's Word is an integrated message system, it is up to the believer to decode the message & you will be blessed in the effort.

Prov. 8:17 I love them that love me;
And those that seek me diligently shall find me.

Interplanner

All 10 pieces are Scripture proving Scripture. No one here ever heard of the expression 'self-organizing chapters' that dealth with the broadest themes of Scripture until I used it 2 years ago. Because D'ism is a pock-marked mess of prooftexts that are easily pulled down.

Each of the 10 are Scripture and are solid conclusions.

"Hebrews and Peter's letters are not for Gentiles" is a ridiculous conclusion--because Christ sacrificed for all believers, and that's all through those letters.

Interplanner

There is no code and no decoding. There is no point dealing with the Rev unless the doctrine is perfectly clear from non-symbolic passages elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.