ECT 10 Principles of NT eschatology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interplanner

Quote the scripture.

Do you have ADD? I've mentioned this every other post over the past 2 weeks!!!

"But David was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he wold place one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ... we are witnesses OF THIS FACT. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear... David did not ascend... Let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus...both Lord and Christ."

There are simply no questions about it. Nor that the work of the Spirit is the 'power' that was coming, nor that it is the gift that was given out among mankind at his enthronement ('He took captivity captive, and gave gifts to men.). Yep, that 'dirty' word 'gift of the Spirit' instead of the land promise.

SaulToPaul 2

Do you have ADD? I've mentioned this every other post over the past 2 weeks!!!

"But David was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he wold place one of his descendants on his throne. Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ... we are witnesses OF THIS FACT. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear... David did not ascend... Let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus...both Lord and Christ."

There are simply no questions about it. Nor that the work of the Spirit is the 'power' that was coming, nor that it is the gift that was given out among mankind at his enthronement ('He took captivity captive, and gave gifts to men.). Yep, that 'dirty' word 'gift of the Spirit' instead of the land promise.

What's ADD?

Interplanner

speaking of memory, I just remembered that this thread is about 10 items that shape or form the hard boundaries of NT eschatology. Did you have a comment on them? Mine is: I should have put in Acts 2:30-32 as 'David understood the resurrection to be the enthronement of Christ.'

Interplanner

Here's the OP:
So much confusion on this site because these things are not absorbed.

10 Principles of NT eschatology

1, Rom 11 is prodding not prediction
2, Gal 3:17 is the true RT issue
3, Isaiah shifts Davidic promises; it is not a recent idea or even a Paul idea
4, Acts 26 shapes Israel's outcome as Acts 13 had shaped the history
5, The "people" of Mt 21 are Christians
6, Rom 2 is about both Jew and Gentile on the day of judgement
7, 2 Pet 3 is the best passage on the future (because of length and ordinary language)
8, NT eschatology does not mix 1st century Judean events with future worldwide day of judgement
9, the apostles spent their time expounding Ps 2, 16, 110, not Ps 83
10, "saved" in Rom 11 is justification from our debt of sin, not a future theocracy for Israel

Danoh

Those are nothing more than a summary of what you hold to.

None of them is an evidence they are sound.

Where on earth did you ever learn how to debate a thing that you never lay out the supposed proof any one of your assertions is actually sound?

The result being that your whole deal ever comes accross as "this is this because I, Interplanner, say so."

You may as well join up with one or another of most of the various, so called "MADS" on here - each of them does that exact same thing all the time.

* For the reading impaired "most" implies "not all."

Interplanner

It's a lot to absorb. You might have to do real thinking instead of fixating on favorite passages that reinforce what you already heard radio and TV tell you was true.

oatmeal

Those are not principles, those are opinions.

Here is a set of principles:
_____
10 Principles for Doing Eschatology

The 3 Do’s

1. Hold your feet to Scripture

2. Examine passages according to each viewpoint.

3. Probe for (in)consistency.

The 7 Don’ts

1. Don't choose a side and then look for evidence to support it.

2. Don't choose a side for its social capital.

3. Don't act as though eschatology doesn’t matter.

4. Don't say you are without bias.

5. Don't dismiss an argument because it seems new.

6. Don't dismiss ideas because they have been abused.

7. Don't make eschatology the hill to die on.
_____​

Good post.

Opinions are not principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.