1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Strange, is it not, that the Bible never uses the PLURAL form of "gospel" to refer to all of these different types of good news? The singular form is always used because the Bible is concerned ONLY with THE Gospel that saves

That is a great point. Just because the gospel is recounted several times by several people each from their own perspective, the fact is that the "good news" is that Jesus came to establish a new covenant which would include all people, not just the Jews. He came to establish his Church with twelve NEW apostles as the fathers, to replace the twelve tribes.

Quote:

God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."5

Those who with God's help have welcomed Christ's call and freely responded to it are urged on by love of Christ to proclaim the Good News everywhere in the world. This treasure, received from the apostles, has been faithfully guarded by their successors. All Christ's faithful are called to hand it on from generation to generation, by professing the faith, by living it in fraternal sharing, and by celebrating it in liturgy and prayer.

Unquote

Source

Shasta

I understand that your view allows you practically no chance of actually understanding this, but I'll try anyway.

The GOSPEL OF is used many times with DIFFERENT suffixes.
  • The GOOD NEWS of the kingdom
  • The GOOD NEWS of the grace of God
  • The GOOD NEWS of God
  • The GOOD NEWS of Christ
So any intelligent person can see that these are all GOOD NEWS about various things. That they ALL come from God and Christ is not the issue.

These four statements refer to the good news about how we are saved. One of them emphasizes the role of the Father, another the Son and still another God's motivation for saving us. One emphasizes the end and final hope that has been promised to God's children. What these statements are not describing is different paths to salvation. Therefore, they do not represent "different gospels" Paul said there are NO OTHER GOSPELS whether different or similar.

I see that you continue to speak in a haughty, arrogant and condescending manner as if you are of superior intelligence to anyone who disagrees with you.

Shasta

That is a great point. Just because the gospel is recounted several times by several people each from their own perspective, the fact is that the "good news" is that Jesus came to establish a new covenant which would include all people, not just the Jews. He came to establish his Church with twelve NEW apostles as the fathers, to replace the twelve tribes.

Quote:

God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life. For this reason, at every time and in every place, God draws close to man. He calls man to seek him, to know him, to love him with all his strength. He calls together all men, scattered and divided by sin, into the unity of his family, the Church. To accomplish this, when the fullness of time had come, God sent his Son as Redeemer and Savior. In his Son and through him, he invites men to become, in the Holy Spirit, his adopted children and thus heirs of his blessed life.

So that this call should resound throughout the world, Christ sent forth the apostles he had chosen, commissioning them to proclaim the gospel: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." Strengthened by this mission, the apostles "went forth and preached everywhere, while the Lord worked with them and confirmed the message by the signs that attended it."5

Those who with God's help have welcomed Christ's call and freely responded to it are urged on by love of Christ to proclaim the Good News everywhere in the world. This treasure, received from the apostles, has been faithfully guarded by their successors. All Christ's faithful are called to hand it on from generation to generation, by professing the faith, by living it in fraternal sharing, and by celebrating it in liturgy and prayer.

Unquote

Source

There are many ways to describe ideas just like there are many ways to describe the Church. Unlike a lot of people in here, I do not attach great theological significance to the fact that Paul uses the term Body of Christ. I think it was just a useful metaphor for the idea of unity and diversity.

BTW good quote

Right Divider

Body part
These four statements refer to the good news about how we are saved.
No, they don't. The gospel of the kingdom was the good news that the kingdom was at hand.

Mar 1:14-15 KJV Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, (15) And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

What "kingdom"?

The one that God had promised Israel for over a thousand years prior to that.
The one that would have twelve apostles sitting on twelve throne judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
The one where Christ will sit on the throne of His father David.
The one where "He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

etc. etc. etc.

God's Truth

Quit with your FALLACIOUS misdirection.
You are the one doing that!

You say Paul taught another good news. What good news is better than the one Jesus taught?

Why won't you answer? Maybe because you know it is wrong now?

TALKING ABOUT MISDIRECTION! You are directing people away from what Jesus taught while he walked the earth being for EVERYONE. FOR AND TO, for and too.
ALL of the MANY GOOD NEWS' in the Bible come from the LORD Jesus Christ.

Jesus IS the good news.

There isn't another than the one.

God didn't give two separate good news'.

God didn't give one gospel in division of another.

Random scriptures are useless. You never understand the CONTEXT of anything.

That is silly.

Even Jesus rebukes you when he brings up the scripture about calling some "gods" that belong to God and preach His will.

No such thing as an out of context scripture.

That is something someone in false beliefs say because they can't defend their beliefs against the scriptures.

You are so sad and sensitive. YOU are self-centered and need help.

Just silly attacks from someone who can't defend with truth---with scripture.

oatmeal

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

In all of the above verses John is addressing those who are "born of God".

Whosoever is born of God, does not commit sin, loves his brother, overcomes the world, keeps himself and that wicked one does not touch him.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Peter distinguishes being born again, as not being born of the corruptible seed of the flesh, the natural physical descent, but rather, the incorruptible word of God.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Israel had to believe on the name of Jesus to be born of God, not just born physically an Israelite.

Matthew 3:9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Israel would not enter into the Davidic kingdom on earth, and reign with Christ, by being born children of Abraham in the flesh; Israel had to be born again by the Spirit of God (John 3:5-8).

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

It is the nation of Israel that must be born again. It is not accurate to say members of the body of Christ, in this dispensation, are born again; in all of Paul's epistles being born again is never applied to members of the body of Christ.

Nice list of verses. Please point out those that actually support your conclusion

God's Truth

You are LYING.

I've named them MANY TIMES.

Name it now instead of saying I am lying. Duh.

And, not only that, answer my questions instead of saying non sequitur. Is that how your teachers nabbed you?

Your teachers taught you and your elk how not to question them by telling you all that if someone questions your beliefs say non sequitor.

Right Divider

Body part
Name it now instead of saying I am lying. Duh.
This is how you IGNORE your own LYING? Just misdirect... again. Go find it yourself, I've posted them MANY times.

NOTE: You can also find them in the BIBLE.

And, not only that, answer my questions instead of saying non sequitur. Is that how your teachers nabbed you?
So besides perverting the Bible you also want to pervert logic and reason?

Your teachers taught you and your elk how not to question them by telling you all that if someone questions your beliefs say non sequitor.
  1. The term that you're looking for is ILK.
  2. You do use non-SEQUITURS
Your vocabulary and spelling are as bad as your "Bible understanding".

God's Truth

This is how you IGNORE your own LYING? Just misdirect... again. Go find it yourself, I've posted them MANY times.

NOTE: You can also find them in the BIBLE.

So besides perverting the Bible you also want to pervert logic and reason?

1. The term that you're looking for is ILK.

1. You can tell when one is far from the truth when they concentrate about simple typos instead of God's truth.

[*]You do use non-SEQUITURS
Your vocabulary and spelling are as bad as your "Bible understanding".

Still more babble from you and not scriptures as I asked.

Jerry Shugart

It is not accurate to say members of the body of Christ, in this dispensation, are born again; in all of Paul's epistles being born again is never applied to members of the body of Christ.

Those in the Body of Christ will enter the kingdom of God and no one can do that unless they are born again. So those in the Body are born again.