1 JOHN ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN

God's Truth

There are MANY "good news'" in the Bible.

I'm so sorry that the truth of the Bible goes against your story.

The Bible says the good news is Jesus.

The gospel good news is Jesus Christ.

Mark 1:1 [ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,

Acts 5:42 Day after day, in the temple courts and from house to house, they never stopped teaching and proclaiming the good news that Jesus is the Messiah.

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ,they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip began with that very passage of Scripture and told him the good news about Jesus.

Acts 10:36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Acts 11:20 Some of them, however, men from Cyprus and Cyrene, went to Antioch and began to speak to Greeks also, telling them the good news about the Lord Jesus.

Acts 14:15 “Friends, why are you doing this? We too are only human, like you. We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Acts 17:18 A group of Epicurean and Stoic philosophers began to debate with him. Some of them asked, “What is this babbler trying to say?” Others remarked, “He seems to be advocating foreign gods.” They said this because Paul was preaching the good news about Jesus and the resurrection.

Hebrews 4:2 For we also have had the good news proclaimed to us, just as they did; but the message they heard was of no value to them, because they did not share the faith of those who obeyed.

There is one gospel good news.

Right Divider

Body part
The Bible says the good news is Jesus.
And Jesus has many good news'

The gospel good news is Jesus Christ.
The good news good news is Jesus Christ?

You are a HOOT!

Mark 1:1 [ John the Baptist Prepares the Way ] The beginning of the good news about Jesus the Messiah, the Son of God,
So the good news about Jesus Christ did not begin until thousands of years after creation?

There is one gospel good news.
GOSPEL MEANS GOOD NEWS, you silly person.

There are MANY gospels in the Bible.

God's Truth

And Jesus has many good news'

No, Jesus doesn't have many good news.

The good news good news is Jesus Christ?

You are a HOOT!

You said there are many good news.

You don't know that you are the one who is a hoot.

So the good news about Jesus Christ did not begin until thousands of years after creation?

Jesus wasn't yet known then. Good grief.
GOSPEL MEANS GOOD NEWS, you silly person.

There are MANY gospels in the Bible.

No, there are not many gospels of Jesus Christ. You are the silly one.
You are one confused person.

Jesus is the GOOD NEWS. There is only one gospel There is only one good news, Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
No, Jesus doesn't have many good news.

You said there are many good news.

You don't know that you are the one who is a hoot.

Jesus wasn't yet known then. Good grief.

No, there are not many gospels of Jesus Christ. You are the silly one.
You are one confused person.

Jesus is the GOOD NEWS. There is only one gospel There is only one good news, Jesus Christ.
There are many GOOD NEWS' in the Bible.

Perhaps your need to get one.

Maiala

Originally posted by Shasta in reply to “ONLY ISRAEL CAN BE BORN AGAIN”
I quote exclusively from the King James Authorised Version
Sorry, but I believe you have taken the simple statement that ‘only Israel can be born again’, originally posted by DougE, and made it unintelligible. I understand this simply statement as being: Christians have already been born again so only God’s ‘first’ people, the Jews, still need to accept Jesus as The Way, i.e. be born again. However, as I said in my first post, DougE’s statement is wrong, because all people who have not yet accepted Jesus as their saviour, must also be born again. Shasta, I don’t wish to offend you, but I am not interested in how many big words you know, or bible quotes that in themselves need interpreting, keep it simple so even the ‘meek’ can understand what you are trying to say. I would also like to challenge you on your very Pauline-version of the phenomenon of Jesus. Paul never met Jesus and never walked with anyone who did, so, soon now, we must all accept that it is the re-established Nazarene-Christian message of Jesus, that not only the Jews will be Re-born to, willingly, but everyone else as well. It will become increasingly obvious soon, that in Isa 11:1, God chose a Branch (the Truth) growing out of the Rod (the Way). It was not until the ‘prince of this world’ was finally judged in 1945, (John 16:8, 11) that God enabled the Rod to be re-born as the Branch, i.e. the Spirit of Truth, who will call the Jews, and everyone else, from the four corners of the earth. And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea Gentiles. (Gen 10:5). As well as The Spirit of Truth calling all to be born again, The Truth will explain God’s purpose in inspiring Paul to adulterate the real message of Jesus, in addition, He will be setting the standard of righteousness for acceptance, after we have been born again. Excerpts from my book “THE PAPACY CAN NOW END” will elaborate on that for those who are interested.
Please don’t try to correct me by telling me that Paul did meet Jesus, on the road to Damascus. That five or ten minutes was just enough for God to convince Paul that the apparition he saw was really Jesus in the flesh. The real purpose of that encounter though, was to convince Paul, who is the ensign in Isa 11:10, that Jesus must be the son of God, or God, or both, and so the Trinity was born. In that way, God inspired Paul or Constantine, to teach the Gentiles of Japheth, that Isa 7:14 referred to the virgin birth of Jesus, so He must be the son of God; this contradiction of Monotheism, plus the stealing of the Jew’s religion, had the Jews hostile enough that they were out to kill Christians, while the Christians wanted to Kill the Jews for crucifying the Messiah. The theological separation caused by this conflict between Shem and Japheth, very effectively replaced the physical separation which God first began when He confused their language in Babylon, sending Japheth to the opposite side of the Mediterranean Sea to Shem and Ham; that was the real purpose of the flood, after which, God ended up with two righteous soldiers, to satan’s immoral one; this then enabled God to ‘enlarge Japheth’, separated from the adulteration Shem would suffer from Ham (satan) on the southern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. Unfortunately, although Shem’s descendants were God’s first people, they have also been God’s ‘whipping boy’ until the prince of this world was judged. They will now be called from the four corners of the world, and from above.
Will write soon
Gerald Calvert

God's Truth

Why do you continue to speak falsely?

Jesus gave many good news'.

Jesus is the good news.

You call that false, then you are speaking against the Bible and God Himself.

Acts 10:36 You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, announcing the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is the good news.

You call that false, then you are speaking against the Bible and God Himself.

There are MANY GOOD NEWS' in the Bible. You can deny the Bible all that you want, it doesn't change a thing.

Get a REAL BIBLE, the NIV is a complete piece of crap.

Act 10:36 KJV The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all )

God's Truth

There are MANY GOOD NEWS' in the Bible. You can deny the Bible all that you want, it doesn't change a thing.

Act 10:36 KJV The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all )

Give the good news then that is better than Jesus Christ.

Give the scripture too.

You know it doesn't exist, and it is why you don't supply the scriptures for it, only insults and foul talk to me.

Right Divider

Body part
Give the good news then that is better than Jesus Christ.
Quit with your FALLACIOUS misdirection.

ALL of the MANY GOOD NEWS' in the Bible come from the LORD Jesus Christ.

Give the scripture too.
Random scriptures are useless. You never understand the CONTEXT of anything.

You know it doesn't exist, and it is why you don't supply the scriptures for it, only insults and foul talk to me.
You are so sad and sensitive. YOU are self-centered and need help.

Shasta

There are many gospels in the Bible. Gospel simply means "good news".

Strange, is it not, that the Bible never uses the PLURAL form of "gospel" to refer to all of these different types of good news? The singular form is always used because the Bible is concerned ONLY with THE Gospel that saves.

I am not ashamed of THE gospel [singular],because it is THE power of God [singular]for SALVATION to everyone who believes,first to the Jew,then to the Greek.
(Romans 1:16)
How many messages have the power to save? Only one and it works for both Jew and Gentile alike. No special gospel was needed for the salvation of either group

THE Gospel may literally have meant "good news" but to the Apostles, prophets, teachers and evangelists of the NT the term "Good news" was a SPECIFIC reference to Messianic scriptures and to the message of SALVATION that would be sent to all people. Isaiah prophesied this in Isaiah 52:7 and Isaiah 40:9. You are attempting to escape this crucial context by making the good news all kinds of other messages but what did Jesus say? He said that what He taught, about WHO HE WAS and WHAT HE WOULD DO as the Lamb of God was THE "good news" prophesied in Isaiah. The call was to REPENT and BELIEVE in Him.

2 And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples 3 and said to Him, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?” 4Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: 5 The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the GOSPEL preached to them."
(Matthew 11:2-4)

Perhaps, had you been there, you could have reminded the Lord that there was really MORE THAN JUST ONE gospel. Of course, the prophesies did not speak of two DIFFERENT gospels but only one.

Jesus did not reveal everything during His earthly ministry. Much of what Jesus would do on the cross was hidden behind symbolic language such as His allusion to "eating his flesh and drinking His blood' and being "lifted up from the earth" both of which spoke of His death but had to be hidden so that the Devil would not discover the plan (1 Corinthians 2:9)
Nevertheless, when He rose from the dead He came back and explained from the scripture everything pertaining to Himself and what He had accomplished on the cross

That Paul believed in ONLY ONE GOSPEL can be seen in Galatians.

6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a DIFFERENT gospel, (Galatians 1:6)
The word "different" (
héteros) means 2087another (of a different kind). A gospel which has different content or different requirements for salvation is a heteros gospel. Paul said believing such a heterodox gospel is equivalent to DESERTING the One who called us by His GRACE (i.e., God). In the next verse (v. 7) Paul adds this:
7which is really not ANOTHER; only there are some who are disturbing you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed!
(Galatians 1:7-8)
This time the Apostle uses the word ALLOS which means: another of the SAME KIND another of a SIMILAR TYPE. Even "gospels" that are SIMILAR to Paul's are not true gospels if they alter anything essential. However, this is exactly what a supposed "Jewish gospel" would be, one which is similar and yet not exactly the same.

Since the "gospel" concerns the truths necessary for salvation it must contain and faithfully transmit the necessary DNA to reproduce the Life of God. Living as a Jew is not essential for salvation. If it were the Paul and the other Apostles would have taught all Jewish believers to eat kosher, celebrate festivals and to keep the rest of the ceremonial law but they did not. Paul himself said that Peter, the (imagined) keeper of the "Jewish gospel" himself did not "live as a Jew." The leader who did continue to keep the practices of the Mosaic law was James but that was apparently so he could continue to live close to the Jews and be a witness to them.

Shasta

Show us in your verbal plenary, infallibly translated KJV where the PLURAL FORM of the word gospel is used.

Right Divider

Body part
Show us in your verbal plenary, infallibly translated KJV where the PLURAL FORM of the word gospel is used.

I understand that your view allows you practically no chance of actually understanding this, but I'll try anyway.

The GOSPEL OF is used many times with DIFFERENT suffixes.
  • The GOOD NEWS of the kingdom
  • The GOOD NEWS of the grace of God
  • The GOOD NEWS of God
  • The GOOD NEWS of Christ
So any intelligent person can see that these are all GOOD NEWS about various things. That they ALL come from God and Christ is not the issue.