Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chickenman
    replied
    It was such an excellent and thorough response, LetsArgue. How could I not thank you for such a masterful work of art, delivered in such a humble way?

You're my hero, LetsArgue. Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    Originally posted by chickenman View Post
    Excellent work, LetsArgue! That was the most informative post since godruz's last post. Thanks!

I don't get it!! - You're thanking me for removing your head with the Sword of the Spirit??????

Paul -- 080312

Leave a comment:

• chickenman
    replied
    Excellent work, LetsArgue! That was the most informative post since godruz's last post. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    Hi, nicholsmom. I hope you and that sweet little girl are doing well. When you get a chance, go to YouTube and search for "Miley can sing and dance". There are three videos that I posted last night. My 22-yr old sister-in-law (who has Downs Syndrome) is singing with a band and dancing. Quite a memory.

Anyway...

Can you demonstrate this from scripture? Where do the scriptures state that baptism into water results in one being baptized into Christ?

Again, can you demonstrate this from the scriptures?

WHAT????

Can it be demonstrated?? - Read the book!!!

((( Look a Demonstration )))!!! >>> Acts 8:36-37 KJV – “See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? 37- And Philip said, ((( “If” ))) thou “believest” ((( with ( all ) thine heart ))), thou mayest!!!!!!!! – You can’t get any clearer than that!! - But a fool still ( Can’t see what God said )!!!!

What else could any ( Honest Heart ) want for (( Proof ))????? -- ((((( GOD )))) just says it!!! – And it’s you-all who say that God cannot Lie, and they call God a Liar right here!!! But that has ( never mattered to anyone with their minds already seared with the, - “NO Baptism in water”, LIE!!! – God didn’t Lie when He said it (( Period ))

Paul – 080312

Leave a comment:

• Letsargue
    replied
    Oh My, - I don't dare!!! ----- ( Why )???

Paul -- 080312

Leave a comment:

• johncalvinhall
    replied
    Will you be so kind as to stop posting?!?!?!?! Yer' forum won't allow me to add to your Reputation until the next millenium!

Good work Knight!

Leave a comment:

• Lighthouse
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryContrary View Post
    Wow, that's awesome!

Thanks, LH, for calling my attention to this (though you did so unintentionally. )
    How so? Facebook?

Leave a comment:

• chickenman
    replied
    Hi, nicholsmom. I hope you and that sweet little girl are doing well. When you get a chance, go to YouTube and search for "Miley can sing and dance". There are three videos that I posted last night. My 22-yr old sister-in-law (who has Downs Syndrome) is singing with a band and dancing. Quite a memory.

Anyway...
    "Into" is not the same thing as "in" - we are baptized into Christ when we are baptized in water - like Jesus was.
    Can you demonstrate this from scripture? Where do the scriptures state that baptism into water results in one being baptized into Christ?

Originally posted by nicholsmom View Post
    Yep, we are baptized into Christ's life, death and resurrection when we are baptized in water.
    Again, can you demonstrate this from the scriptures?

So why was He baptized if not so that we would follow Him?
    He actually said why He was baptized.
    But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. Matt. 3:14-15
    So do you instruct others to be water baptized because they must do it in order to fulfill all righteousness?

By Jesus saying that, He proved that He was doing it because it was part of the righteous requirement of the law. He had to do it to fulfill all righteousness.

Furthermore, those who participated in and bore witness to John's baptisms knew that it pertained to the law of purification.

Then there arose a question between some of John's disciples and the Jews about purifying. John 3:25

Of all things, a dispute arose about purification (apparently, who had the right to administer the ceremony)...while they were witnessing John's water baptisms. They knew the significance of the event.

There's only one baptism that has any relevance to the Body of Christ. That's the baptism BY the Spirit INTO Christ. If we are to follow water baptism as commanded by Jesus and the Twelve, then we MUST take the scriptures literally and teach that doing so is required show of faith in order for one to receive remission of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit...and, of course, in order for one to be saved.

My 2 cents. Take care.
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• nicholsmom
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick M View Post
    You are baptized into his life, death, and resurection. He kept the law for you. If you keep one part of it, you are required to keep it all.
    Yep, we are baptized into Christ's life, death and resurrection when we are baptized in water.

Not that I think that you will rethink your theology based on anything I might bring to your attention, but consider the following. Christ fulfilled the law for us in every way in making atonement for us on the cross of Calvary. That was all we needed for fulfillment of the law. The baptism of priests (as well as the other baptisms mentioned by chickenman) was done to cleanse them ritually from their sins, but Jesus had no sin. So why was He baptized if not so that we would follow Him? We are called to follow Him - even to the cross. He said that if any wish to follow Him, then he must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow. Yes, Jesus made the sacrifice that we could not make, but that clearly didn't mean that we needn't sacrifice, otherwise what did Jesus mean by denying ourselves and taking up our crosses? So the sacrifice of Jesus was all sufficient to provide atonement, but didn't negate our obligation to make our own sacrifices - just that they aren't sacrifices under the law (animals and such). Likewise, the baptism of Christ did not negate our obligation to be baptized, as an act of obedience to Christ.

Kingdom gospel for Israel. Learn to rightly divide.
    Jesus Himself is my leader, not Paul. And you incorrectly read Paul to negate the commands of Christ. Matt 5:17-19 is directly repeated by Paul in Rom 6:19. Also see Rom 2:13, and then later to clarify Rom 3:31, Rom 6:15.

More to the point: Romans 7:7 - which makes clear that obedience to the law is not sinful, otherwise it would be a sin to follow the command to honor your parents, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Nick M
    replied
    Originally posted by nicholsmom View Post
    What was Jesus baptized in?

"Into" is not the same thing as "in" - we are baptized into Christ when we are baptized in water - like Jesus was.
    You are baptized into his life, death, and resurection. He kept the law for you. If you keep one part of it, you are required to keep it all.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," Matt 28:19 is a commandment for the disciples to baptize others
    Kingdom gospel for Israel. Learn to rightly divide.

Leave a comment:

• nicholsmom
    replied
    What was Jesus baptized in?

"Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit," Matt 28:19 is a commandment for the disciples to baptize others - but there is no way to do that if what He means is to bring them into fellowship with Christ. Even preaching the Gospel can't do that, otherwise everyone would be baptized and therefore a disciple (since your reading of this would have to be that baptizing is the same thing as making disciples). By that sense of the word, only Christ could baptize anyone, but He commanded us to baptize. It can mean only one thing - follow Christ's example in water baptism as an act of obedience as a Christian.

Yes, it is only symbolic, but so is communion - do you also teach your daughter to not partake in communion? No, it has no power to save, but neither does bearing the fruits of the spirit - do you discourage her allowing them to grow on her?

Baptism is an act of obedience and was apparently very important to Jesus, otherwise He wouldn't have told them specifically to baptize His followers.

Leave a comment:

• Oh no... it's Sozo
    replied
    Sozo,
    I bet you have some great teaching moments with your kids.
    Yep, they teach me something every day.

Leave a comment:

• chickenman
    replied
    Sozo,
    I bet you have some great teaching moments with your kids.

Leave a comment:

• MaryContrary
    replied
    Wow, that's awesome!

Thanks, LH, for calling my attention to this (though you did so unintentionally. )

Leave a comment:

• Vaquero45
    replied
    Good job man, very cool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X