Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6th Annual Fellowship Week Has Now Begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th Annual Fellowship Week Has Now Begun!

For one whole week we will discourage harsh debate and ENCOURGE friendly discussions and conversation i.e., saying nice friendly (civil) things to each other.

No topics are out of bounds as long as you’re "nice" to each other.

At TOL we do this once a year, every year, for an entire week. It helps to break up the year and start fresh every spring!

TheologyOnLine is the ONE Christian site on the internet that encourages spirited debate and even down right "in your face" arguing. However, for ONE WEEK we are going to take a break and be nice to each other. This doesn't mean you have to accept some perverted world view or idiotic logic. It just means you need to find a more creative way of responding in which you are more "loving" or more "civil".

If it doesn’t cause you too much pain, you can even try being sincere in your kinder, gentler responses.

After fellowship week is over, it's business as usual: mocking, rebuke, debate, arguing etc can come back in all their glory.
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Fellowship Week runs from Sunday March 23rd until Sunday March 30th.

Comment

I think I joined during one of the first fellowship weeks. And I think I slammed CattyFan for having a pansy avatar, because I had no idea what was going on. Good times, good times.
      "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Comment

Originally posted by Dread Helm View Post
        I think I joined during one of the first fellowship weeks. And I think I slammed CattyFan for having a pansy avatar, because I had no idea what was going on. Good times, good times.
        I remember that!

Comment

Originally posted by Dread Helm View Post
          Funny how you come around again during Fellowship Week!
          "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
          -J. R. R. Tolkien

Comment

Oops...I'm off to a bad start.

Comment

Can ya feel the love?

Comment

Originally posted by cattyfan View Post
                I remember that!
                Speaking of avatars, cattyfan, yours is just "wicked"! I watched LHOTP all the time as a kid.
                Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                  Speaking of avatars, cattyfan, yours is just "wicked"! I watched LHOTP all the time as a kid.
                  Nellie was always very nice when people were watching (she saved her venom up for later)

Comment

Nellie was always very nice when people were watching (she saved her venom up for later)
                    Oh yes, Nellie was a conniver and manipulator. Do you remember the episode where she faked being paralyzed and made Laura her personal "slave" since Laura thought it was her fault Nellie was injured?

Then they replaced Nellie with that fake Nellie wannabe!
                    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

. -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                      Oh yes, Nellie was a conniver and manipulator. Do you remember the episode where she faked being paralyzed and made Laura her personal "slave" since Laura thought it was her fault Nellie was injured?

Then they replaced Nellie with that fake Nellie wannabe!
                      Yeah...after Nellie married the Jewish guy. (Which was accepted in the story far more readily than it would have been at that time in history.)

That NuNellie was horrible.

Comment

Yeah...after Nellie married the Jewish guy. (Which was accepted in the story far more readily than it would have been at that time in history.)

That NuNellie was horrible.
                        From what I've read the the books by Laura Ingalls Wilder were far different from the TV show.

. -Ktoyou

Comment

i love all of you
                          sigpic

Comment

Wooops, looks like I missed that announcement, lol. Ah well, "two men can't walk together unless the be agreed" anyway. Maybe that's why I have very few "friends", I don't agree with them.

That's ok, I do have a "friend closer than a brother" and "that is enough" for me. And anyone who agrees with Him is my friend indeed.

Do you know anybody like that? I will fellowship with them!

But if they turn out not to agree WITH HIM, I will chop off their heads with His double edged sword...and it won't matter what week it is...will it

Satan don't take a break, neither will I.

At least I'm honest about it. Love you? Yes. His Way I do, "not of this world" type of love. Your eternity is more important to me than your smile. If you have that eternality in Messiah, then oh yes, your smile means something to me, so do your tears, and your illnesses. Until that occurs, all I see is mockery in a smile and my tears are because it is that way.

Show me better than Satan's laughter and the tears of the saints who bring the truth and I will gladly fellowship with a greatly gladdened heart. Until then, all I see are cowpies running with their mouths open.

If you "saw" you would agree.
                            YeshaYahu (Isaiah) 8:20: To the Torah and to the witness! If they do not speak according to this Word, it is because they have no daybreak.

1st Kepha (Peter) 4:11: If anyone speaks, let it be as the Words of Elohim. If anyone serves, let it be as with the strength which Elohim provides, so that Elohim might be praised in it all through יהושע (Yahu'Shua) Messiah, to whom belong the esteem and the rule forever and ever. Amĕn.

Comment

Originally posted by PyramidHead View Post
                              i love all of you
                              So do I. Now repent of your ways, and believe that Jesus died for your sin, and that the Father raised him from the dead.
                              Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

Working...
                              X