Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Bob Enyart's Argument Self Contradicting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Well, for starters, you could start becoming more informed on the unsettled view by reading this:

http://cdn.desiringgod.org/website_u...the-bounds.pdf

Then this:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...36#post3415136

AMR
    Thanks for the invite but I'll save those links. I've learned that, if I'm going to go through the trouble of deciding whether a particular view is correct or not, or to what degree it is or isn't, I go to the source first, then I go to its opponents. That's the surest way to avoid deliberate or accidental misinterpretation of someone's position.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
      He's one of the most consistent Calvinists I've ever encountered, I'll give him that.
      Then you need to broaden your exposure to Calvinists.

He explicitly denies being a Calvinist. And if you read all he has written there is no denial of the same from real Calvinists. Just sayin'.

AMR
      Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
      Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
      AMR's Randomata Blog
      Learn Reformed Doctrine
      I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
      Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
      Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
      The best TOL Social Group: here.
      If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
      Why?

Comment

Thanks for the invite but I'll save those links. I've learned that, if I'm going to go through the trouble of deciding whether a particular view is correct or not, or to what degree it is or isn't, I go to the source first, then I go to its opponents. That's the surest way to avoid deliberate or accidental misinterpretation of someone's position.
        Good for you!

I have read all of the primary open theist books, papers, etc., by the likes of Boyd, Sanders, and Pinnock as well as the underlying genesis of this minority view by men such as Whitehead, et al.

It is important to read and study both sides of any argument.

AMR
        Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
        AMR's Randomata Blog
        Learn Reformed Doctrine
        Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
          Then you need to broaden your exposure to Calvinists.

He explicitly denies being a Calvinist. And if you read all he has written there is no denial of the same from real Calvinists. Just sayin'.

AMR
          Unless I've confused him with someone else herebouts, which I do not think I have, B57 has posted more than a few times his blunt affirmations of election and reprobation that could have come straight out of the Institutes, and did so without no attempt to soften or mitigate anything. I found it quite refreshing...infuriating and disgusting, but refreshingly honest. So if we're talking about the same guy, either he was pretending and just Calvin-trolling me for fun, or the misunderstanding of him is on your end.
          "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
          Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
          By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

"calvin-trolling"

sounds like fun!

Comment

Unless I've confused him with someone else herebouts, which I do not think I have, B57 has posted more than a few times his blunt affirmations of election and reprobation that could have come straight out of the Institutes, and did so without no attempt to soften or mitigate anything. I found it quite refreshing...infuriating and disgusting, but refreshingly honest. So if we're talking about the same guy, either he was pretending and just Calvin-trolling me for fun, or the misunderstanding of him is on your end.
              The misunderstanding is on beloved57's end.

Comment

The fact that you claim he speaks in alignment with The Institutes only confirms my original observation that you do not know many Calvinists, have read much of Reformed thought, especially The Institutes, and are clearly misunderstanding b57. But, carry on.

If you want to know something about Calvinist, start here. Afterwards read this. Afterwards, you will be better equipped versus drawing your "knowledge" from random snippets on discussion sites.

AMR

Do you confess?
                AMR's Randomata Blog
                Learn Reformed Doctrine
                Why?

Comment

Working...
                X