Theology Club: can ya help a brother out

Danoh

Another thing you good folks could help me with is differentiating between the war of all nations coming against Israel before the mil and the same happening after the mil. From what I gather, if correct, there are two areas in focus for a war from all nations. Megiddo and Jezreel. Are these two different places or the same place? Which verses describe the war before the mil and which verses describe the war after the mil?

A thought I have found helpful...

You might do well to study out the following video beyond those two wars it's presenter is going over, to what study principles his conclusions and assertions appear to point back to his having followed.

Then, write them out, for your own use in your own studies.

The study principles are there.

Just a matter of focusing your attention on attempting to point them out to yourself in written form, based on questions to yourself like "what study principle or principles does he appear to be relying on? How would I word those as study principles that I might follow?"

And you cannot go wrong in what study principles you might pick on in this particular speaker; the man's brilliance as a Bible student is very, very rare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axxl_N0dNtc&app=desktop

"Give a man a fish; feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish; feed him for a lifetime" - an old Chinese proverb.

Rom. 5:8
Prov. 27:17
Acts 17:11,12

LoneStar

Study out
Doing that.

laying out in outline form for yourself
I've already given an summary outline.

Case in point, among the things the passages I posted point to are that physical man will "live for ever," and that there will be a continuing "increase" in population, etc.

In short, the PHYSICAL will not end.
Are you using physical like I am using mortal? Flesh blood bone bodies that can still die. I can't say one way or the other. I know some like Jehovah Witnesses that do believe mortal life will not end. But others do think it will end.

While I'm at it; try to begin to break yourself away from newbie tendencies like "well maybe this passage is talking about" or "perhaps it is talking about" or "well, what if I were to read this passage this way, or maybe from this other angle..."

At the risk of offending; I'd suggest googling for yourself a pdf on Basic Grammar towards reminding yourself how to approach attempting to extract the intended meaning of a writer's words through how any writer uses various word structure forms beyond who, what, when, where, why, and how.
For real? A grammar lesson? What's with you dude? My grammar is the least of my concerns.

Danoh

Doing that.

I've already given an summary outline.

Are you using physical like I am using mortal? Flesh blood bone bodies that can still die. I can't say one way or the other. I know some like Jehovah Witnesses that do believe mortal life will not end. But others do think it will end.

For real? A grammar lesson? What's with you dude? My grammar is the least of my concerns.

Any speaker and or writer is following various rules of grammar that result in said speaker or writer's intended meaning.

You are failing to see what the Scripture teaches on the things you are asking about because you are not following said basic rules of grammar.

Rules like "first mention; contrast; similar wording and or themes; overall narrative;" and so on.

Anyone following said basic rules of grammar would have known what I'd meant had they'd basically applied said rules of grammar to my words to you on this.

LoneStar

Any speaker and or writer is following various rules of grammar that result in said speaker or writer's intended meaning.

You are failing to see what the Scripture teaches on the things you are asking about because you are not following said basic rules of grammar.

Rules like "first mention; contrast; similar wording and or themes; overall narrative;" and so on.

Anyone following said basic rules of grammar would have known what I'd meant had they'd basically applied said rules of grammar to my words to you on this.

Dude lighten up.

glorydaz

While I'm at it; try to begin to break yourself away from newbie tendencies like "well maybe this passage is talking about" or "perhaps it is talking about" or "well, what if I were to read this passage this way, or maybe from this other angle..."

Right. God forbid you should speak honestly. It's much better to pretend like you know it all and act real coy in the process. :rotfl:

glorydaz

Ain't I Mister wonderful?:DK:

Danoh

Right. God forbid you should speak honestly. It's much better to pretend like you know it all and act real coy in the process. :rotfl:

Tribulation worketh patience, GD.

Try it some time, over your ever so obvious focus you were the issue in some point made.

Romans 5

Danoh

Sure, I'll pretend like you have made a point. :chuckle:

You've been pretending to understand thus far; so why stop now :chuckle:

Fact is, Bible Study relies on many principles one needs to be conscious of as much as possible, or one ends up at "well maybe this," or "perhaps this means..." and so on.

As with any Science, guessing at is no place to be studying the Scripture from.

In fact, guessing at should set off an awareness in one - that one is obviously missing a study principle in one's approach.

Likewise with ending up ever having to ask others for an answer to things one should know how to study out after a time "by reason of use."

And though there is no shame in asking; there is in taking personal an answer other than the one expected.

That just keeps one at one's obvious ignorance.

Hebrews 5:12 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Rom. 5:8