Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

a moronic Richard Dawkins saying

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • a moronic Richard Dawkins saying

    In The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins, a Darwin cheerleader, wrote:


    “Religion is not the root of all evil, for no one thing is the root of all anything.


    <https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/605895-religion-is-not-the-root-of-all-evil-for-no>

    Here, Dawkins, in one, swift ax-blow, has just chopped down the tree venerated by all Darwin cheerleaders, sending it crashing to the ground in one, loud descent:

    All my ancestors are human.
    PS: All your ancestors are human.
    PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

  • #2
    Evolution is a theory.

    How did a single cell evolve?

    THE THREE MAIN COMPONENTS OF ANY PLANT OR ANIMAL CELL ARE:
    PLASMA MEMBRANE/ CELL MEMBRANE. Structure- a bilipid membraneous layer composed of proteins and carbohydrates. ...
    CYTOPLASM. ...
    NUCLEUS. ...
    1. " ...
    RIBOSOMES. ...
    GOLGI BODY / APPARATUS. ...
    LYSOSOMES. ...
    MITOCHONDRIA.

    Comment


    • #3
      The title of this thread sums up Dawkins life so far..........
      Delight yourself in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. . Psalms 37:4

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by andyc View Post
        The title of this thread sums up Dawkins life so far..........
        Have you seen him reading aloud his hate mail on YouTube? The only time you will ever hear him use offensive language is when he is quoting the christians who tell him they hope he dies.

        I think I've worked out who the morons are, and it's not Dawkins.

        Stuart

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
          In The God Delusion, Richard Dawkins, a Darwin cheerleader, wrote:


          “Religion is not the root of all evil, for no one thing is the root of all anything.


          <https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/605895-religion-is-not-the-root-of-all-evil-for-no>

          Here, Dawkins, in one, swift ax-blow, has just chopped down the tree venerated by all Darwin cheerleaders, sending it crashing to the ground in one, loud descent:

          Tell us which of Dawkins's books you have read.

          Stuart

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Stuu View Post
            Tell us which of Dawkins's books you have read.

            Stuart
            OK. But first, tell us which of Louis L'amour's books you have read, since your answer to this request will be of no less relevance to what I have written in this thread than my answer to your request will be.

            Now, what (if anything) do you have to say in a vein of specifically trying to criticize something I have written in this thread?? Why, you're not just begging for attention, are you?

            So, then, Dawkins cheerleader, why not start trying to absolve him from the specific stupidity I have documented in this thread, from his book, The God Delusion. Otherwise, why, really, are you hangin' 'round here?
            All my ancestors are human.
            PS: All your ancestors are human.
            PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

            Comment


            • #7
              Darwin had a religion.

              "a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance."

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                Have you seen him reading aloud his hate mail on YouTube? The only time you will ever hear him use offensive language is when he is quoting the christians who tell him they hope he dies.

                I think I've worked out who the morons are, and it's not Dawkins.

                Stuart
                I suppose that, part and parcel with being a Dawkins cheerleader, you must try to squelch reason so that you can tell yourself that it is impossible for Dawkins to be a liar when he says he is quoting Christians. I'd sooner think that someone like you, yourself (one of Dawkins' fellow Christ-despisers), is the one sending him the "hate mail", and lying about his/her identity, so as to try to bring infamy against Christ. That's a sort of thing what clowns who call themselves "atheists" like to do. Not only are they not ashamed of doing so, but they are downright proud of themselves for lying by trying to get some people, sometimes, to think they are Christians. After all, you've got not a shred of a basis in your God-despising worldview from which to rationally think that such conduct is evil.

                In this thread, I have a link to an article entitled, The Advantages of Pretending to be a Christian.

                And, if any of the "hate mail" Dawkins reads (in which (he claims) he is told his death is hoped for by his correspondent) really happens to be from Christians, then such persons have, in so writing, sinned against God, and taken leave of Christian charity and ethics at least long enough to have written such. In other words, they have (at least temporarily--long enough to do such a thing, I suppose) left the Christian walk to partake in sin, thereby, to some extent, taking up the non-Christian, the anti-Christian walk--the Dawkins and co. walk.

                Your anti-Christ worldview has no basis, whatsoever, for rationally condemning acts such as expressing an angry desire for so and so to die. You've got nothing but utilitarianism, which is pure irrationalism.

                Why do you despise Christ?
                All my ancestors are human.
                PS: All your ancestors are human.
                PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
                  OK. But first, tell us which of Louis L'amour's books you have read, since your answer to this request will be of no less relevance to what I have written in this thread than my answer to your request will be.

                  Now, what (if anything) do you have to say in a vein of specifically trying to criticize something I have written in this thread?? Why, you're not just begging for attention, are you?

                  So, then, Dawkins cheerleader, why not start trying to absolve him from the specific stupidity I have documented in this thread, from his book, The God Delusion. Otherwise, why, really, are you hangin' 'round here?
                  Indeed, I can't see any point in hanging around you, as there is nothing I could tell you, right?

                  Stuart

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
                    Why do you despise Christ?
                    It's a very good question. I think it is basically the absurdity of believing yet another ancient man walked again after dying and the immorality of compulsory love and scapegoating. I would rather own the responsibility for my actions; I don't want to have that taken away from me by Jesus, or anyone.

                    Stuart

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                      Indeed, I can't see any point in hanging around you, as there is nothing I could tell you, right?

                      Stuart
                      So far, you've told me nothing other than that you just want some attention--perhaps from someone whom you can try to rag on?--seeing as you have yet to even try to meaningfully interact with anything I've written in this thread. Should I really expect that you'll try to alter that state of affairs?

                      But, far be it from me to consider it a lamentable thing if you do decide to keep hanging around, so long as you actually try to meaningfully interact with I'm saying. I'll be be quite fine with trying to keep up something of a conversation with you, if you're game. I mean, why not?
                      All my ancestors are human.
                      PS: All your ancestors are human.
                      PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
                        Why do you despise Christ?
                        Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                        It's a very good question. I think it is basically the absurdity of believing yet another ancient man walked again after dying and the immorality of compulsory love and scapegoating. I would rather own the responsibility for my actions; I don't want to have that taken away from me by Jesus, or anyone.

                        Stuart
                        So, to your credit, you at least are not one of those clowns who like to say "Jesus never existed". Those folks know that Jesus exists, and they despise Him, and despise that He exists. That's part of what makes it so blatantly foolish for them to go about angrily chanting that Jesus doesn't exist. Are they trying to chant away the fact that He exists? I don't get it. Oh, and when you ask them why they despise Jesus, their retort is something like, "I don't hate Jesus!!! How can I hate somebody who does not even exist?" Kind of bizarre behavior, no?

                        But you know Jesus exists, and without saying that He does not exist, you admit that you despise Him. Interesting.

                        I'm not exactly clear as to what it is you're saying you don't want Jesus to take away from you.
                        All my ancestors are human.
                        PS: All your ancestors are human.
                        PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 7djengo7 View Post
                          So, to your credit, you at least are not one of those clowns who like to say "Jesus never existed". Those folks know that Jesus exists, and they despise Him, and despise that He exists.
                          That would a strawman argument. If you would like to know what I believe about the existence of Jesus, you only have to ask.


                          That's part of what makes it so blatantly foolish for them to go about angrily chanting that Jesus doesn't exist. Are they trying to chant away the fact that He exists? I don't get it. Oh, and when you ask them why they despise Jesus, their retort is something like, "I don't hate Jesus!!! How can I hate somebody who does not even exist?" Kind of bizarre behavior, no?
                          Not nearly as bizarre as believing that a man was born without a biological father, or could walk on the surface of water, or who walked again after being executed by the Romans.

                          But you know Jesus exists, and without saying that He does not exist, you admit that you despise Him. Interesting.
                          No, actually it doesn't matter to me whether Jesus existed or not.

                          I'm not exactly clear as to what it is you're saying you don't want Jesus to take away from you.
                          Responsibility for my wrongdoing. No one can take that away from me. But having responsibility taken away from you is the central immoral idea of the hobby called christian. Being an inhabitant of the former British colonies, I find test cricket to be a much more wholesome hobby.

                          Stuart

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                            That would a strawman argument.
                            If that's true, then you're made of straw, man.

                            Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                            If you would like to know what I believe about the existence of Jesus, you only have to ask.
                            You already told me that you know Jesus exists, by telling me that you despise Him. I asked you "Why do you despise Christ?", and you acknowledged that you despise Christ by replying, "It's a very good question..." You cannot despise that which you do not believe exists. For a person to be despised is for that person to exist. So, trying to hand me the "you only have to ask" shtick isn't going to be of any use.

                            Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                            Not nearly as bizarre as believing that a man was born without a biological father, or could walk on the surface of water, or who walked again after being executed by the Romans.
                            Since those things are true, why do you say that believing them is bizarre? Why would you say that it is bizarre to believe truth?

                            Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                            No, actually it doesn't matter to me whether Jesus existed or not.
                            But, you just got done telling me that you "don't want" Jesus to "take away" this or that from you:

                            "I don't want to have that taken away from me by Jesus"

                            So, this is what you're trying to hand me:

                            "I don't want to have that taken away from me by [someone in Whose existence I pretend to not believe]"

                            It "doesn't matter" to you that Jesus existed, but, despite your pretended nonchalance regarding that "little detail", it somehow does matter to you whether Jesus will "take away" whatever it is you imagine He will "take away", or not?

                            Originally posted by Arthur Brain View Post
                            Responsibility for my wrongdoing. No one can take that away from me.
                            Well, don't worry! You will not hear me denying that you're a sinner, you sinner. But that's what you're all about: denying that you're a sinner, a wrongdoer against Christ.

                            Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                            But having responsibility taken away from you is the central immoral idea of the hobby called christian.
                            But, since you despise God, you don't have even the slightest shred of a moral basis for rationally saying that one thing is moral, and that another thing is immoral.

                            Try rationally laying out exactly why you, a despiser of God, would call one thing moral, and another thing immoral. I'm all ears.

                            Originally posted by Stuu View Post
                            Being an inhabitant of the former British colonies, I find test cricket to be a much more wholesome hobby.
                            In other words, you're a nihilist. All you mean by "wholesome", here, is "to my liking...for now, at least".

                            [Thank you, by the way, for responding.]
                            All my ancestors are human.
                            PS: All your ancestors are human.
                            PPS: To all you cats, dogs, monkeys, and other assorted house pets whose masters are outsourcing the task of TOL post-writing to you (we know who you are )– you may disregard the PS.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Whether you agree with him or not, Richard Dawkins is no moron !

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X