Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

Young Earth or Old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
    The key is understanding that there is no verb "to be" in the Hebrew. There is a verb "to become"

The earth was not without form and void in Genesis 1:1 but it became without form and void.
    "Created by the Elohim were the heavens and the earth. Yet the earth became a chaos and vacant, and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos" (Gen.1:1-2; CLV).

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
      Please prove that angels were not created before humans and couldn't have been responsible for the condition of the earth at Genesis 1:2.
      The Fall happened after Man was created. Not before, Jerry. That's the proof.

There was no death or destruction prior to the Fall.

You're still trying to make up excuses to reject plain scripture?

Besides, angels were most likely created on day four, along with the stars.
      "Created by the Elohim were the heavens and the earth. Yet the earth became a chaos and vacant, and darkness was on the surface of the submerged chaos" (Gen.1:1-2; CLV).
      Cherry picking Bible versions won't help you Jerry. Especially not more modern versions like the Concordant Bible, published in 1926, and revised in '31 and in '66.

And the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the deep, and the Spirit of God moved upon the waters. - Genesis 1:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...:2&version=GNV (1599)

And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters. - Genesis 1:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...:2&version=DRA (1899)

the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness [is] on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters, - Genesis 1:2 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...:2&version=YLT (1862)

Comment

Please explain how the earth could be "formed" to be inhabited even though, according to you, the earth was created by the LORD "without form."
        Because He created "in six days."

Cutting the story off after one verse is silly. It's like: "I'm making this car to be driven. After my first day of work, the panels are cut into pieces, but have not been formed into 3D shapes for the final, aerodynamic design."

Jerry: Ah-hah! You must have spent billions of years making a car that you have kept carefully hidden for no reason.

Your position is bonkers.
        Last edited by Stripe; March 24th, 2019, 07:09 PM.
        Where is the evidence for a global flood?
        E≈mc2
        "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
        -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
          The Fall happened after Man was created. Not before, Jerry. That's the proof.
          What about the angels? Were they created during the six days?

Cherry picking Bible versions won't help you Jerry. Especially not more modern versions like the Concordant Bible, published in 1926, and revised in '31 and in '66.
          The fact of the matter is that one of the meanings of the word is "to become."

hā·yə·ṯāh--"To fall out, come to pass, become, be"

Comment

What about the angels? Were they created during the six days?
            Already answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
              Because He created "in six days."
              Yes, in the sense that the earth was "re-formed" in six days.

Comment

Did you notice that I answered your challenge, or were you hoping it would go away?
                E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

No, Jerry, Jesus reaffirmed Moses, who said that Man (created on day 6) was created at the beginning of creation.

That means there was no "re-forming" the earth, because it wasn't formed to begin with.

Comment

The fact of the matter is that one of the meanings of the word is "to become."

hā·yə·ṯāh--"To fall out, come to pass, become, be"
                    And? You think the translators didn't take that into consideration?

Comment

Who are the "sons of God" mentioned in this passage?:

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"
                      (Job.38:4-7).

Comment

Who are the "sons of God" mentioned in this passage?:

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?"
                        (Job.38:4-7).
                        Did you have a point to make?

Comment

Originally posted by oatmeal View Post
                          So where is your scripture to support the notion that there was no one else to cause it to become imperfect?
                          you said: "At parochial grade school, I was taught that God is perfect. Since God is perfect, everything he does is perfect. "

you have to prove there was someone else to cause imperfection
                          how did it become imperfect without anyone else to cause it to become imperfect ?

Where do you get the idea that without form and void is perfect?
                          from you
                          you said: "At parochial grade school, I was taught that God is perfect. Since God is perfect, everything he does is perfect. "

Comment

So all these years I see the user name Jerry Shugart but never got around to reading a single post of his. I always wondered if I was missing out. Turns out, I wasn't.
                            Good things come to those who shoot straight.

Did you only want evidence you are not going to call "wrong"? -Stripe

Comment

Originally posted by Yorzhik View Post
                              So all these years I see the user name Jerry Shugart but never got around to reading a single post of his. I always wondered if I was missing out. Turns out, I wasn't.

Hi, Y.
                              E≈mc2

-Bob B.

Comment

The Earth is old and y’all know it. You lie to yourselves. Goblekli tepe is older than Adam as bishop Ussher puts it. Isn’t that right?

Comment

Working...
                                X