Announcement

Collapse

Creation Science Rules

This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective.
Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed.
1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team
2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.
See more
See less

Young Earth or Old?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Apple7 View Post
    Incorrect.

    Gen 1.25 makes absolutely NO mention of 'making' man.
    He probably typo'd and meant v26.

    Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” - Genesis 1:26 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Apple7 View Post
      Incorrect.

      Gen 1.25 makes absolutely NO mention of 'making' man.
      You are right... Its verse 26
      v26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image
      V27 So God created mankind in his own image,
      Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 6days View Post
        You are right... Its verse 26
        v26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image
        V27 So God created mankind in his own image,

        Again, two entirely different verbs indicating two entirely different modes of creating.

        If they were completely interchangeable as you imagine (but cannot produce a single verifiable reference as to why), then why is there only one 'asah' in Gen 1.26, but three 'bara' in Gen 1.27?

        According to your private theory, Adam was created once in Gen 1.26, and then three times again in Gen 1.27.

        Comment


        • YEC private interpretation...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Apple7 View Post
            What 'hose verses' are you talking about?
            So you are reduced to pointing out typos rather than provide a proper response. Sad.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chair View Post
              So you are reduced to pointing out typos rather than provide a proper response. Sad.
              "Providing."
              Where is the evidence for a global flood?
              E≈mc2
              "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

              "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
              -Bob B.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Apple7 View Post
                ….. Adam was created once in Gen 1.26, and then three times again in Gen 1.27.
                Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

                Comment


                • Apple, to remind you, these are the verses in question.
                  Originally posted by 6days View Post
                  Apple..... That is a modern opinion compromising scripture...attempting to add deep time into God's Word. Barah and Asah are used interchangeably throughout Scripture. For example.. Genesis 1:1 God 'bara' the heavens and the earth. In Nehemiah 9:6 God 'asah' the heavens and earth.
                  So far you have avoided dealing with these verses.
                  You've given us "Scripture uses different terms to relate different events." - but without any explanation or proof that this solves your difficulty with the verses.
                  You've given us "Bring forth your verifiable lexicography that claims that it is a 'modern opinion'."- once again avoiding the main question, and vaguely claiming that "lexicography" supports your view.
                  You've also managed to:
                  Catch an error I made (when I identified the book the verse came from incorrectly. thank you for the kind correction).
                  Tried to insult me in a rather bigoted manner.
                  Focused on a typo (a missed letter!), rather than actually deal with the texts at hand.

                  Now pull out your lexicons, your translations, your Hebrew Bible, and actually address the question. These two verses use the terms interchangeably. That creates a difficulty for your theses.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by chair View Post

                    Now pull out your lexicons, your translations, your Hebrew Bible, and actually address the question. These two verses use the terms interchangeably. That creates a difficulty for your theses.

                    Then we come to this passage, which provides us with a one-stop-shop with which to put an end to the ‘YEC literalist 24hr day theory’…

                    These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created in the day that Yahweh God was making earth and heavens. Gen 2.4

                    This one passage, which includes both ‘asah’ and ‘bara’, makes it clear that the two verbs are NOT interchangeable, as ALL previous SIX days of creation are now referred to as ONE DAY.

                    Further, this ONE DAY contains GENERATIONS, and, as ALL 38 occurrences of the term used outside of Gen 2.4 indicate, large passages of time expired as used in the genealogical listings of the early patriarchs.


                    Now...

                    Go troll another thread.

                    You bring nothing to the table except your hatred...



                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Apple7 View Post
                      Then we come to this passage, which provides us with a one-stop-shop with which to put an end to the ‘YEC literalist 24hr day theory’…

                      These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created in the day that Yahweh God was making earth and heavens. Gen 2.4

                      This one passage, which includes both ‘asah’ and ‘bara’, makes it clear that the two verbs are NOT interchangeable, as ALL previous SIX days of creation are now referred to as ONE DAY.

                      Further, this ONE DAY contains GENERATIONS, and, as ALL 38 occurrences of the term used outside of Gen 2.4 indicate, large passages of time expired as used in the genealogical listings of the early patriarchs.


                      Now...

                      Go troll another thread.

                      You bring nothing to the table except your hatred...



                      I agree with you that the earth is old. I am merely pointing out that you need to deal more seriously with the objection 6 days raised to your analysis of the words. For some reason you get very defensive and ugly when I point that out.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chair View Post
                        I agree with you that the earth is old. I am merely pointing out that you need to deal more seriously with the objection 6 days raised to your analysis of the words. For some reason you get very defensive and ugly when I point that out.
                        You forgot 'illogical'.
                        Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Apple7
                          These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created in the day that Yahweh God was making earth and heavens. Gen 2.4 This one passage, which includes both ‘asah’ and ‘bara’, makes it clear that the two verbs are NOT interchangeable, as ALL previous SIX days of creation are now referred to as ONE DAY.
                          Apple..... Do you know what they say about a bag of hammers?

                          Do you have trouble with easy to understand literature... or only the Bible?

                          Did you know sometimes words have more than one meaning?

                          For example.... Did you know that the word 'day' (and also YOM in Hebrew) have a variety of meanings always determined by context?

                          Here is an easy test for you...
                          In my fathers day, it took 3 days of fishing during the day only, to catch our limit?
                          Ok... so the word DAY is used 3 times with 3 meanings in one sentence. If you can figure that out... then go back to Gen.2:4 and use the same logic. It may hurt, because it contradicts your beliefs. BTW... There are more than 3 meanings to the word day in the OT... Its ALWAYS easy to understand with context
                          Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by wheelchair View Post
                            I agree with you that the earth is old.
                            That is the only thing that we can agree upon.

                            How you managed to get that correct, and everything else so very wrong, is on you...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 6days View Post
                              As mentioned already the word beginning in Greek is 'arche' signifying an absolute beginning along with the word 'ktiseos' indicating the sum total of all creation.
                              If you are right then the absolute beginning was not day six because five days preceded the sixth day.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                                If you are right then the absolute beginning was not day six because five days preceded the sixth day.
                                The only one here saying "absolute" beginning is you, Jerry.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X