Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle Talk ~ Battle Royale VII

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Knight
    Zakath won the coin toss.
    Well at least he will have won something!
    Oh, wise guy eh?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by novice
      Well at least he will have won something!
      Oh ye of little faith...

      Comment


      • #33
        Proof is subjective.

        The only indisputable proof of God's existence is the working of the Holy spirit on the heart. And the only way to resist it is to blaspheme the spirit till the end.

        Not that I am against philosophical attempts to prove God's existence but they are far from the most important tools that the evangelist/apologist has to work with (though those more important tools may not receive enough attention).
        Last edited by 1013; June 16, 2003, 07:01 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          So the first post is done eh?

          Against my better judgment I had talked myself into the notion that Zakath would do better in BR VII than he did in BR II. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised but I was still hoping for better in round one than Zakath provided.
          Oh, wise guy eh?

          Comment


          • #35
            Does the word exist exist? Only kidding, just trying to see how rediculous we could get. Ok, so, the coin has been tossed. Break out the pop corn and soda pop!!! Woooaaaahhhh!!!!

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Brother
              Does the word exist exist? Only kidding, just trying to see how rediculous we could get. Ok, so, the coin has been tossed. Break out the pop corn and soda pop!!! Woooaaaahhhh!!!!
              Well... not only has the coin been tossed but the first post has been made!
              Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
              TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Knight
                Well... not only has the coin been tossed but the first post has been made!
                You mean.. the first post has already been wasted.
                Oh, wise guy eh?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by novice
                  You mean.. the first post has already been wasted.
                  You never could see the value in defining your terms before arguing about them, could you?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Zakath
                    You never could see the value in defining your terms before arguing about them, could you?
                    Not in that manner.
                    Oh, wise guy eh?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by novice
                      Not in that manner.
                      Ah, so you prefer to define your opponent's terms for him, rather than let him do so?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Zakath
                        Ah, so you prefer to define your opponent's terms for him, rather than let him do so?
                        I think its generally a good idea to make some sort of statement as to what your stance is going to be regarding the topic in your opening statement.

                        You didn't sufficiantly state your position - actually you didn't state your position at all!

                        But hey, I am not going to fight this battle for you, I am just telling you why I thought your first post sucked.

                        No offense.
                        Oh, wise guy eh?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Truth as a process

                          The truth will set us free but the truth is a process, not a cudgel.
                          Truth like hope and the immigrant are often unwelcome, calling to conversion, changed lifestyles and new paradigms.
                          In an essay "Full Power in the Gospel of John" (Novum Testamentum 2003), Rainer Metzer insists that full power is gift of the Father to the Son that all believers should share. I'll be translating this article from German for a world where Pilate and Bush, fear and preemptive wars refuse the authority of truth.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            It seems like Zakath is trying to lure Bob into proving the existance of the Judeo/Christian God when all Bob really has to do is discuss whether any God being of any religion exists. Bob doesn't need to get to specific in this debate, but Zakath wants him to, because specifics are harder to defend. It's like the first few chapters of Mere Christianity, where Lewis doesn't even mention Jesus, or the God of the Jews.

                            This is a foundational debate. Complexity will make it difficult for Bob. Zakath won't be able to prove anything, but if he can make it complex he will make it impossible for Bob to prove anything either.
                            ~spackle~

                            just filling in the cracks

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Zakath.... yet more evidence of man's devolution.


                              Oh.. this is gonna be good!
                              Freedom of choice is what you want, Freedom of choice is what you got.

                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by novice
                                I think its generally a good idea to make some sort of statement as to what your stance is going to be regarding the topic in your opening statement.

                                You didn't sufficiantly state your position - actually you didn't state your position at all!

                                But hey, I am not going to fight this battle for you, I am just telling you why I thought your first post sucked.

                                No offense.


                                Zakath, you could easily embrace God now and all this could be for not. What do you say?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X