This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Turbo
    Vaquero45, While I don't disagree with your point, the phrase "from the foundation of the world" in Rev 13:8 doesn't refer to when the Lamb was slain at all.

Please consider this.
    Agreed completely. I had asked a person about this, I knew there was an issue with the title of the book, and couldn't remember what it was. I should have waited till I figured it out again.

Thanks for the lesson.
    Marge: "Aren't you going to give him the last rites?"
    Rev. Lovejoy: "That's Catholic, Marge - you might as well ask me to do a voodoo dance."

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered the next round.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• You can try and bash me all you like.. I dont really care.

I've been bashed by the best.. and interestingly enough, I am the only one still here.

:P
      Show me someone who is expressing in anger his views of God, and I will show you someone who is deeply afraid of losing control of God- Peter Enns

Comment

• Geoff, I wonder if you might take a few moments to check out yesterday's BEL and let me know what you think, in thread about that show... I won't bash ya, I promise.
        1 Corinthians 13:2
        And though I have ... all knowledge... but have not love, I am nothing.

Comment

• I'll listen to when i get home.
          Cant really do it from here (work)
          Show me someone who is expressing in anger his views of God, and I will show you someone who is deeply afraid of losing control of God- Peter Enns

Comment

• Originally posted by geoff
            I'll listen to when i get home.
            Cant really do it from here (work)
            Thanks! I know we're on opposite sides of the fence, but I'd love to hear what you have to say about it. I appreciate it. See ya later, bro.
            1 Corinthians 13:2
            And though I have ... all knowledge... but have not love, I am nothing.

Comment

• I've been keeping up on this debate, but I may have missed some things. Has anyone noticed if Sam L. has tried to alleviate himself from his self contradiction over how to determine a conditional prophesy or not?

Here’s a link to a post I made exposing the self-contradiction by Lamerson.

Click here.

post number 176.

I think that promoting and not self-correcting a self-contradiction in a debate is self-defeating.
              Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Comment

Not if He wanted to create being that were capable of truly loving Him, because love must be volitional.
                Why would God need to be loved? Isnt a better reason for creating that God wanted to make happiness?
                --Doug @ 2005.8.27.21.17.23 PT

Comment

• Right Idea,

I started listening, then realised that you were arguing as though there are only 2 views, saying things like "if you dont believe this, then you must believe this" - and of course, I believe neither. So I gave up. Sounds like you have been listening to Enyart too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdman
                    Why would God need to be loved? Isnt a better reason for creating that God wanted to make happiness?
                    --Doug @ 2005.8.27.21.17.23 PT
                    Can you say, "Uh, I don't know nothin about God or righteousness, but I should would like to be happy! I wunder how I's should go aboust makin' my's self happy?"
                    sigpic
                    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

Being elect does not equal being saved (despite what Calvinists assume).
                      I think it is interesting that someone on here pointed out that the vast majority of the elect in the Bible, went to hell. If true (and I believe that person made a good effort to prove it) then our natural understanding of verses that use the word "elect", "called", and "chosen" needs to be re-evaluated.
                      A 'touchy-feely' CNN reporter, while interviewing an Army sniper asked, "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?" The Soldier shrugged and replied..... "Recoil."

Comment

• Of course, we now know that even the Jews taught that merely "being an Israelite" was not adequate. They still had to enter the covenant by faith in order to be saved.

So that argument fails.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clete
                          Can you say, "Uh, I don't know nothin about God or righteousness, but I should would like to be happy! I wunder how I's should go aboust makin' my's self happy?"
                          Well, all I am saying is that God's ultimate purpose for creating anything* was to create happiness. And humankind is the ultimate fulfillment of that happiness. We dont make our SELVES happy - that would be self-centered.

* After creating the universe (via the Big Bang) God was not satisfied - He merely was creating an environment for further creating. The Solar System, and planet earth. Earth was then filled with all sorts of plants and animals - and finally humans. And the final result was that all of the animals and mankind were supposed to be happy for life etc. "But then the Serpent entered.? As the Bible says.
                          --Doug @ 2005.8.29.0.03.31 PT

Comment

• Originally posted by geoff
                            Of course, we now know that even the Jews taught that merely "being an Israelite" was not adequate. They still had to enter the covenant by faith in order to be saved.So that argument fails.
                            I'd say it proves the argument.

If the Jews were "elect", and they taught that wasn't enough, then election is no evidence of righteousness, godliness, or salvation. That God chooses you, is no evidence of where you will end up. That's a significant argument for the open view.
                            A 'touchy-feely' CNN reporter, while interviewing an Army sniper asked, "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist?" The Soldier shrugged and replied..... "Recoil."

Comment

• Originally posted by Birdman
                              Well, all I am saying is that God's ultimate purpose for creating anything* was to create happiness. And humankind is the ultimate fulfillment of that happiness. We dont make our SELVES happy - that would be self-centered.
                              You don't say! Self centered is bad eh? What is the opposite of being self-centered? I'm looking for a one word answer and it starts with the letter "R".

* After creating the universe (via the Big Bang) God was not satisfied - He merely was creating an environment for further creating. The Solar System, and planet earth. Earth was then filled with all sorts of plants and animals - and finally humans. And the final result was that all of the animals and mankind were supposed to be happy for life etc. "But then the Serpent entered.? As the Bible says.
                              --Doug @ 2005.8.29.0.03.31 PT
                              As the Bible says? Why do you care about what the Bible says about the serpent in the Garden of Eden when you ignore what it says about the rest of creation? Via the Big Bang; what a joke.

Resting in Him,
                              Clete
                              sigpic
                              "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Comment

• Jerry Shugart wrote: "Bob’s answer here is based on the “assumption” that the Lord Jesus would know that Peter would go to the household of Caiaphas. ... And how would the Lord Jesus know that Peter would be asked if he was the Lord’s disciple exactly three times?Since Bob has not answered that perhaps Bob thinks that He just made a good guess."

Jerry, you missed it. I answered both of these objections of yours explicitly in my section titled, "On How to Make a Rooster Crow." If my answers are weak, you should identify the weakness. That would be helpful. Thanks!

-Bob
                                The Bob Enyart Live talk show airs at KGOV.com weekdays at 5 pm E.T. Also, same time, same station, check out Theology Thursday (.com) and on Fridays, Real Science Radio (.com) a.k.a. rsr.org. All shows are available 24/7 and you can call us at at 1-800-8Enyart.

Comment

Working...
                                X