• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right. Ghost was crying from
    post one.
    Eeeew......I post this under
    protest.....wah wah!
    No skills.------guyver. If being a master liar and manipulator and being slick as a snake makes you a person with skills then yes i agree AMR has plenty of skill.

Comment

• This is not true. I will
      suggest that AMR may be
      stereotyping or lumping
      ghost in with the whole
      heresy when ghost (not the
      host with the most) has a
      similar point or two, but
      more differences.------knowingly making claims that are false is called lying no matter how you slice it godrulz.

Comment

• Better to expose the lies or
        and flame out?
        Cursing the mans family?
        -------how calm and rational are you when someone continually and malevolently lies about you?

Comment

• Originally posted by voltaire View Post
          Better to expose the lies or
          and flame out?
          Cursing the mans family?
          -------how calm and rational are you when someone continually and malevolently lies about you?
          I am frequently misunderstood and misrepresented and I would not stoop to foul language and family attacks. Don't defend arrogant immaturity. If AMR did what ghost did, I could see him getting that upset. AMR made some valid points. Anything false could be refuted without personal attacks (but ghost does not have the same skill and knowledge as AMR, who is also far from perfect, like me).
          Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
          I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
            Ghost is guilty of the same and worse, though. He can dish it out, but he cannot take it.
            This is what I've been saying all along.

Yes, there have been a time or two that I have gotten sucked into those tactics.

Look, it don't care what the issue is....there's a proper way to go about and an improper way. Ghost was a case study in gome home and do it again.

There's a thing called speaking the truth in love. That's what Jesus did. Just because Jesus went off on the Pharisee's does not give any follower of Christ an excuse to level both barrels and blast away at the people for whom Christ died. Jesus pointed out the hypocrisy of the pharisees.

If you have the truth, you speak the truth in love. The truth will speak to those who love the truth.

If you try to tell me that the cube root of nine is three, I will politely tell you that you are incorrect, and show you the proof.

That's the way you do it. You don't start cursing everyone on TOL, and your opponents' family. Sheez. Even old school mobsters had more respect for people than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver View Post
              This is what I've been saying all along.

Yes, there have been a time or two that I have gotten sucked into those tactics.

Look, I don't care what the issue is....there's a proper way to go about and an improper way. Ghost was a case study in gome home and do it again.

There's a thing called speaking the truth in love. That's what Jesus did. Just because Jesus went off on the Pharisee's does not give any follower of Christ an excuse to level both barrels and blast away at the people for whom Christ died. Jesus pointed out the hypocrisy of the pharisees.

If you have the truth, you speak the truth in love. The truth will speak to those who love the truth.

If you try to tell me that the cube root of nine is three, I will politely tell you that you are incorrect, and show you the proof.

That's the way you do it. You don't start cursing everyone on TOL, and your opponents' family. Sheez. Even old school mobsters had more respect for people than that.

Comment

• Sorry for that double post. I was trying to edit my first post for a typo.

Comment

• I disagree with AMR on any number of things. I don't support the Calvinist view on any number of points that distinguish it, but I have never known him to lie and dislike the easy way in which so many use the term. Men can differ. Men can believe and address a difference and still see it differently.

AMR's position in relation to ghost is his to make and ghost's to counter, as was their agreement. This came as no surprise to either party and both entered into the discourse with their eyes open.

Now I have had my character attacked on more than one occasion. ASCon did it with regularity and I responded without forgetting my responsibility as a member of the Body of Christ to conduct myself within the bounds of decency. Foul language has no place in the mouth of a Christian, especially in the mouth of one defending a particular understanding of the faith. And no, neither does a lie, but a lie in theological circles seems to me to frequently be a matter of investment in a particular context. An absolute misstatement of fact can be set out for all to see and the damage of attempting to perpetrate a fraud will do more against the utterer than it ever did against the unjustly accused.

You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                    I disagree with AMR on any number of things. I don't support the Calvinist view on any number of points that distinguish it, but I have never known him to lie and dislike the easy way in which so many use the term. Men can differ. Men can believe and address a difference and still see it differently.

AMR's position in relation to ghost is his to make and ghost's to counter, as was their agreement. This came as no surprise to either party and both entered into the discourse with their eyes open.

Now I have had my character attacked on more than one occasion. ASCon did it with regularity and I responded without forgetting my responsibility as a member of the Body of Christ to conduct myself within the bounds of decency. Foul language has no place in the mouth of a Christian, especially in the mouth of one defending a particular understanding of the faith. And no, neither does a lie, but a lie in theological circles seems to me to frequently be a matter of investment in a particular context. An absolute misstatement of fact can be set out for all to see and the damage of attempting to perpetrate a fraud will do more against the utterer than it ever did against the unjustly accused.

Well put TH...
                    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Comment

• I've been really busy and haven't had time to read or follow the One on One. But, I guess it's pretty clear who won that one. I disagree with AMR on the topic and tend to think ghost is pretty spot on (on the topic) but clearly ghost lost this one is grand fashion.

Another blow to the cause.
                      Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
                      TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
                        I've been really busy and haven't had time to read or follow the One on One. But, I guess it's pretty clear who won that one. I disagree with AMR on the topic and tend to think ghost is pretty spot on (on the topic) but clearly ghost lost this one is grand fashion.

Sad but, true....
                        The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Comment

• Originally posted by Knight View Post
                          I've been really busy and haven't had time to read or follow the One on One. But, I guess it's pretty clear who won that one. I disagree with AMR on the topic and tend to think ghost is pretty spot on (on the topic) but clearly ghost lost this one is grand fashion.

If it was a boxing match and AMR knocked him out, I would say AMR won. Just because ghost freaked out does not mean he lost the debate if AMR is dead wrong and ghost is accurate in his beliefs.

So, ghost may be a loser in congenial debate, but that does not mean AMR won the debate if AMR is wrong on his beliefs/points.

I may go for stalemate since AMR may have stereotyped ghost's views too much and ghost's views may not be totally correct/orthodox.

Given enough time, I think AMR could show ghost had some defective views, but I don't think he could definitively prove he is a Docetic heretic in total.

For the record, I am never happy to see ghost banned, but I do believe he needed censure and discipline (I was a rat, OK).

Comment

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
                            So, ghost may be a loser in congenial debate, but that does not mean AMR won the debate if AMR is wrong on his beliefs/points.
                            Whatever. A fail is a fail.

This was a FAIL-O-RAMA.

In fact one could say this was a ........failtacular?

Failtacular.... a fail so epic it's almost a win.

Comment

• I mean, even the crew of the Starship Enterprise gives this one a double FACEPALM!!!!

Comment

• How about this? Ghost does not win the Miss Congeniality Award and AMR wins debate by default because it was short-circuited by the ban?

Comment

Working...
                                X