THE TROUBLE WITH "SOME" NEWBIES!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've noticed that between 2014 and 2015 there's been a
rash of "Newbies" visiting TOL! Some are polite, mannerly,
respectful, and civil. Those I mention, are here to learn and
share their views! Then, there's a "few" who seemingly have
come here to be, disruptive, argumentative, and uncivil!

TOL is a forum that's not for the "faint of heart" (The weak)
and, I actually both, like and enjoy that aspect. I've been on
other forums, and they were; "overly policed" to say the
least! The Moderator's are terrific, and Knight (The Owner)
is a gracious guy! I would have to declare that, "TOL" IS
the best 'religious forum' on the entire Internet!

Things have a way of straightening themselves out! You know,
"Reaping and Sowing!" Those who are found to be, Trolls, Socks,
and using different names and IP addresses to establish another
identity; usually end up being "found out" and dealt with! Some
"Newbies" not all, are here to play; "Devils Advocate"(no pun intended)
no doubt! Others, just desire attention, disruption,
and trouble! The ones that are overly aggressive after only being
on TOL for a few days or weeks, usually end up being more
trouble than their posts are worth!

One guy (recently) for instance was here barely a day and a half,
and reported an "Old Timer" 3 times in a row to the Woodshed and
let the "Mods" know that "HE" wanted the "Old Timer" to be banned!
Now, that was amusing! He also offered, the 'Powers that be' an
offer of purchasing a "Lifetime Membership" on TOL, after being here
less than 2 days mind you?

This thread is just meant to share an observation! Anyone else have
any comments, feel free to share? Oh, before I forget; another
"Newbie" asked me for a list of posters that, believed in the "Grace
Message," and I preceded to give him a list. He even said; God Bless
you! The very next day, he went on an angry attack against me! Go
figure?

Ardima

Apostates come in droves.... Jesus said that we would know them by their fruit...
The truth of theology is the more we learn about Jesus the more our knowledge pales in comparison to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything after a true understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is minute. The more we learn about God the less we will argue over trivial things (which is everything apart from the Love of God toward us through the salvific work of Jesus Christ) Everything is summed up in Love.

Christianity today has become a giant gospel witch hunt. Anything that anyone believes that is not what we believe has become a false gospel. We need to get back to our first love, know Him, and He will make sure everything else gets sorted out.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
proof in the pudding.......

proof in the pudding.......

Apostates come in droves.... Jesus said that we would know them by their fruit...
The truth of theology is the more we learn about Jesus the more our knowledge pales in comparison to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Everything after a true understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is minute. The more we learn about God the less we will argue over trivial things (which is everything apart from the Love of God toward us through the salvific work of Jesus Christ) Everything is summed up in Love.

Christianity today has become a giant gospel witch hunt. Anything that anyone believes that is not what we believe has become a false gospel. We need to get back to our first love, know Him, and He will make sure everything else gets sorted out.

Yes,....if you want to see what kind of tree it is, sample the fruit. This goes for anyone actually no matter what their denominational affiliation is, no matter their religious tradition even. If one is coming from a loving, respectful, integrous, courteous, compassionate place of heart and soul, that will reflect in their writing and HOW they treat others. This is what God looks at, because if you've done it to the least of humanity, you do unto God, since we are all individual expressions of 'God'.

It is a travesty that some wearing the name 'Christian' do not express or exhibit the compassionate loving nature of the Christ, so it does injustice and harm to all that is named 'christian' in the world's eyes. This is all the more why one ought to be careful since not only is the world watching the play here, but the conscience is as well.

pj

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Anything that anyone believes that is not what we (MAD) believe has become a false gospel. We need to get back to our first love, know Him, and He will make sure everything else gets sorted out.

You are a total phony . . .

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
that will reflect in their writing and HOW they treat others.

does that include
mocking the belief of others
calling them names
giving them neg reps

what else could christianity be?

welcome to newbies who remind us how we should treat others

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
does that include
mocking the belief of others
calling them names
giving them neg reps

By the law of nature we look at the fruit. If its foul, rotten or cantankerous, we call it like it is. One can spray it over with religious platitudes or 'justifications' but you cant fool 'God'. You actually become an 'enemy' to 'God', to all that is good, true and beautiful. You can criticize one's behavior....but when you demean their person (their essential nature which includes their divine value and potential), you demean 'God'.

what else could christianity be?

True Christianity, or any true spiritual path of divine wisdom, is of a higher ethic and character. Sure, the ego can descend and get caught in the play of 'attack/retaliation'.....but when it surrenders to love and wisdom,...it chooses to resolve, forgive and transcend.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I think TOL would be much more welcoming with a nice tea set and lace doilies.

Well, that may be some additional accessories, but being a kind and decent person would be nice for starters.

I was gonna ask as well...why LetsArgue is starting threads and then closing them :idunno:.....it seems pointless. He created some threads to engage me, then closed them after it seemed I wasn't responding fast enough. Its one of those mysteries.

pj

Angeltress

MEMO
We have too many people working in the fruit inspection department. We will need to downsize that department. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
However, we have a serious shortage of workers in the fruit production department. As you may already know, this is a difficult and demanding job. The pay is lousy, the hours are long, and there is no vacation time or sick leave available. This position requires dedicated workers who are willing to make sacrifices.
However, we are very proud of our retirement plan.
If you are interested, please get in touch with us right away. We are open and available to talk with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Thank you:
God & Son Inc.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Bamboozled...........

Bamboozled...........

Dead Thread!

Lets resurrect it :)

Newbies are welcome as long as they respect the basic rules. Without our diversity here, it would be fairly boring, just a bless-me club, or 'preaching to the choir' jamboree,...but hey...in some sectors already its just that :crackup:

Thank goodness we have our more eccentric and eclectic members to add a little spice, colour and interest to the forum, wouldn't you agree?

lukecash12

It does get silly sometimes when several people do nothing but spew anathema at each other, in a thread.

"You're not a Christian!" "No, you're not a Christian!" "I have special knowledge that makes me so totally a Christian!"

For Pete's sake, there should be a feature on this site that just hands you a flask.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Just as well be 'pagan' ........

Just as well be 'pagan' ........

It does get silly sometimes when several people do nothing but spew anathema at each other, in a thread.

"You're not a Christian!" "No, you're not a Christian!" "I have special knowledge that makes me so totally a Christian!"

For Pete's sake, there should be a feature on this site that just hands you a flask.

For a 'ditty' on 'labels' see this post here and its linked commentary. 'Denominations' are just that,...'denominations' defined/cult-ured by men ;)

Note that the category 'Other' fits just as well, for it might include and/or transcend any available catagories, or serve as a 'spin' on catagories altogether.

knock yourself out :p