toldailytopic "Evolutionary theory isn't about the origin of life"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Which simple questions would those be exactly? It was pretty easy to address the OP in this thread as it had a faulty premise to begin with.
These ones, duh.
So far, you have not answered the two questions I asked you:
  1. What is the cause of species?
  2. What is evolution the cause of?

I actually believe that you're being honest in your complaint about how little fun you're having, here, because, as you and I both know, you're embarrassed by those two questions.:)

Just fill in the blanks with the answers to the two questions I asked you:
  1. What is the cause of species? __________ is the cause of species.
  2. Evolution is the cause of what? Evolution is the cause of __________.

Arthur Brain

If you are not interested in others opinion then why are you here? Science is the topic and it is based on observations in what it can see and the more it sees the more it has to break what it sees down to smaller and smaller parts. You as a scientific man must do the same to be honest with yourself.

Do you agree with this....

Gen_1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I didn't say I wasn't interested in other people's opinions. I'm not interested when people make unfounded presumptions about others when I'm not in the habit of doing it myself. If you believe in a young earth then hey, fine. Have I judged you in a presumptive fashion as if I know who you are and what you've been through or made arrogant comments as to how you don't take any responsibility for anything as you've done with me? I don't think I have.

Where it comes to your latter then do you think God resembles a human being, either male or female?

Arthur Brain

These ones, duh.

Um, yes, he has been answered. If life evolves then the origin of species makes sense, hence the theory behind it.

"What is evolution the cause of" is a pretty daft question to start with. Evolution is categorically not the cause of life itself.

Alate_One

My ancestors were human

I have pictures of lots of them

None of them were whales

Who said humans came from whales? :dizzy:

Also we would be talking about extremely distant ancestors. If you go back far enough in the lineage of a pug, you come to a wolf . . .

437af44dede270e3dc770ec767826bf1.jpg

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Here is an example of what happens when Arthur Brain discovers that his customary language game, as a Darwin cheerleader, is a tissue of incoherence, and thus, absolutely useless to him in his attempts to try to save face for it:

Heck, I'd gladly have a conversation with Mario or Crash Bandicoot at this point.

Dude, you embarrassed yourself with this thread, showing a complete misunderstanding of what evolution is about. The fact that species evolve has nothing to do with how life itself originated which was the initial premise of this completely ill thought out thread.

That's nobody else's fault but yours.

In this latest instance of his stonewalling against the questions I have repeatedly asked him, the only new material he has presented is some talk about having "a conversation with Mario or Crash Bandicoot":kookoo:. Then, cued by my having stated the obvious truth that the questions I asked him are embarrassing to him as a Darwin cheerleader, he performs the childish "I know you are, but what am I?" shtick by saying that I somehow embarrassed myself by asking him questions that embarrass Arthur Brain (and all other Darwin cheerleaders). Beyond that, he merely repeats, once again, the same formulaic nonsense that he's been handing out all throughout the thread.

But, again, so far, Arthur Brain has persistently refused to answer these two questions:
  1. Q. What is the cause of species?
    A. __________ is the cause of species.
  2. Q. Evolution is the cause of what?
    A. Evolution is the cause of __________.

I've observed Arthur Brain make claims to being some pretty sharp, well-educated fellow. Isn't it a pity that (if there's any substance to that keyboard warrior's claims) his supposed excellence lets him down just when he is called upon to answer these questions.:mario:

Arthur Brain

Does the origin of life occur when the origin of species occurs?
Which, if either, has its origin before the other: life or species?

No. The evolving of life is separate to the primary cause of which evolution has no part. It really is as simple as that.

(Again).

Arthur Brain

Here is an example of what happens when Arthur Brain discovers that his customary language game, as a Darwin cheerleader, is a tissue of incoherence, and thus, absolutely useless to him in his attempts to try to save face for it:

In this latest instance of his stonewalling against the questions I have repeatedly asked him, the only new material he has presented is some talk about having "a conversation with Mario or Crash Bandicoot":kookoo:. Then, cued by my having stated the obvious truth that the questions I asked him are embarrassing to him as a Darwin cheerleader, he performs the childish "I know you are, but what am I?" shtick by saying that I somehow embarrassed myself by asking him questions that embarrass Arthur Brain (and all other Darwin cheerleaders). Beyond that, he merely repeats, once again, the same formulaic nonsense that he's been handing out all throughout the thread.

But, again, so far, Arthur Brain has persistently refused to answer these two questions:

I've observed Arthur Brain make claims to being some pretty sharp, well-educated fellow. Isn't it a pity that (if there's any substance to that keyboard warrior's claims) his supposed excellence lets him down just when he is called upon to answer these questions.:mario:

Dude, evolution does not explain how life originated to start with. It really is as simple as that and you've been answered directly time and again. If you're solely reduced to calling anyone who doesn't agree with you a "Darwin Cheerleader" then have at it if it means something to you. Otherwise, you've just continually embarrassed yourself by not conceding that you dropped the ball and made a real basic error where it comes to the topic.

Carry on as you will.

Cntrysner

I didn't say I wasn't interested in other people's opinions. I'm not interested when people make unfounded presumptions about others when I'm not in the habit of doing it myself. If you believe in a young earth then hey, fine. Have I judged you in a presumptive fashion as if I know who you are and what you've been through or made arrogant comments as to how you don't take any responsibility for anything as you've done with me? I don't think I have.

Where it comes to your latter then do you think God resembles a human being, either male or female?

I did not say you don't take responsibility for anything, you just don't take responsibility for yourself by not addressing your origination which any grounded responsible responsive person should do.

Arthur Brain

I did not say you don't take responsibility for anything, you just don't take responsibility for yourself by not addressing your origination which any grounded responsible person should do.

No, you went for a personal and arrogant presumption that was unfounded and I'm not obliged to jump through your hoops as to what constitutes "grounded" or "responsibility". You want to talk to me like a reasonable person then hey, sure. Otherwise, really not interested. Seen it all before. Your call.

Arthur Brain

I am real. I know that the idea that all life on earth is descended from a SINGLE COMMON ANCESTOR is an unverifiable and unfalsifiable belief.

Who said you aren't? Believe what you will. Just don't conflate the theory of evolution with it having anything to do with the origination of life itself.

Arthur Brain

Then could you stop attempting to accuse the deluded evolutionary scientists of being part of a conspiracy?

Um, considering I'm not accusing scientists of either being deluded or part of a conspiracy theory then there's not anything to stop.

Meanwhile, science moves on regardless.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I hope you're better at Call Of Duty than this...

:eek:

I, having never played Call Of Duty, nor watched anybody play Call Of Duty, nor listened to, nor read, anything about how to play Call Of Duty, am nevertheless certain that I'm already far, far better at Call Of Duty than you will ever be at your attempts to save face from your embarrassment due to the fact of your manifest inability to deal with these questions:

Even by your particular choice of emoji, here, have you further advertised the futility of your attempts to save face for yourself. Why, that's quite a nasty shiner you gave yourself, sir. :)