toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics,

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
And the unitarians would take up stones to hurl at Him for making Himsef equal to God.

...they can't see Him so they hurl their stones at His true church.

Letsargue

Please stop posting.

You are a sadist if you will really enjoy watching someone burn alive.
Don't pretend to be a Christian if you haven't repented of your sadism.

A "Christian-Sadist" is an oxymoron. You can't be both.

(( Proverbs 1:26-27 KJV )) – 26- “(( I also will laugh at your calamity )); (( I will mock when your fear cometh )); 27- When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you”!!! --//----- Call Christ another name using you Smarts!!!
I will Laugh also at you all!!! --- OK, -- I’m a sadist just like Christ!! -- "We shall be LIKE HIM". --- ((( 1 John 3:2 KJV )))!!!! --//---- Who are you Like Genius???

Paul – 022524

Levolor

And would He, the Shepherd searching for the lost sheep, be telling his followers to condemn others to Hell and rejoice in the idea of their burning?

For real.

I believe He would tell those individuals who condemn others that they will receive what they have desired for others. (What is sowed is what is reaped.)

Letsargue

For real.

I believe He would tell those individuals who condemn others that they will receive what they have desired for others. (What is sowed is what is reaped.)

Well (( Prophet!! )), Show us all where that is written, and God said it!!!!

( I showed you What God said ), and (( It is Written!! )).

Christians believe the Word of God, the Truth / CHRIST. - And You???
And you call yourself a Christian!!!! -- HHAAHHHH!!!

Paul -- 020514

Levolor

Well (( Prophet!! )), Show us all where that is written, and God said it!!!!

Christians believe the Word of God, the Truth / CHRIST. - And You???
And you call yourself a Christian!!!! -- HHAAHHHH!!!

Paul -- 020514

It was mentioned: what is sowed is reaped. You surely do recognize this as biblical, right?

But, better would be:

Luke 6:28-38

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

And no, I did not see what you had said. I was quoting annabennetti.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 7th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

Our Lord would be received exactly as He was received when He actually dwelled among us.

The state of man has not changed since that time.

The lost...

- is deceitful and desperately sick (Jer. 17:9);
- is full of evil (Mark 7:21-23);
- loves darkness rather than light (John 3:19);
- is unrighteous, does not understand, does not seek for God (Rom. 3:10-12);
- is helpless and ungodly (Rom. 5:6);
- is dead in his trespasses and sins (Eph. 2:1);
- is by nature a child of wrath (Eph. 2:3);
- cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14); and
- is a slave of sin (Rom. 6:16-20).

TOTAL DEPRAVITY (Radical Corruption) - "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?” (Jer 17:9)
Man has a will and his will is in bondage to his nature. The will of man is free to choose according to the dictates of his nature, but it is not free to contradict his nature. From Adam's fall the nature of every man has been sinful. Therefore, every action of the unsaved man is sinful and rebellious; it is stained through and through by his sin nature. The unregenerate man cannot perform even one single righteous or pleasing work with respect to a holy God, for their actions are wrongly motivated, that is, not for the glory of God, and are but filthy rags in the eyes of God. More here.

See also: Genesis 6:5, Genesis 8.21, Jeremiah 17:9, Psalm 22:29, Psalm 51:5, Psalm 58:3, Psalm 130:3, Psalm 143:2, Proverbs 20:9, Job 14:4, Job 15:14-16, Ecclesiastes 7:20, Ecclesiastes 7:29, Ecclesiastes 9:3, Isaiah 53:6, Isaiah 64:6-7, Jeremiah 13:23, Jeremiah 17:9, 2 Chronicles 6:36, John 3:3, John 3:19, John 6:44, John 6:65, John 8:44, Romans 3:9-18, Romans 5:12, Romans 5:18-19, Romans 6:20, Romans 7:18, Romans 7:23-24, Romans 8:7-8, 1 Corinthians 2:14, Ephesians 2:1-3, Ephesians 4:18, 2 Timothy 2:26-26, 1 John 3:4, 1 John 3:10, 1 John 5:19, Titus 3:3

The lost continue to hate God with every breath they take, past, present, and future. In fact, the reprobate in Hell will gnash their teeth at God eternally, justifying their eternal punishment. If genuine repentance were possible in Hell, the genuinely repentant would know that they are exactly where they need to be.

AMR

Letsargue

It was mentioned: what is sowed is reaped. You surely do recognize this as biblical, right?

But, better would be:

Luke 6:28-38

28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

And no, I did not see what you had said. I was quoting annabennetti.

That's convenient!!!!!

The Scriptures you gave there were given to the followers of Christ AND the Church!! - They were not Given to ( You )!!!

First, - You cannot show, or Prove that you are a Christian, and given those Scriptures or any Word of God. --- Just because it is written and given; --- does Not mean that they were Given to YOU!!!! - Followers of other garbage is not the Christian "WAY", but the foolish ~way!!!

( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV ) --&-- ( 2 Timothy 4:5 KJV ) --//---- In other Words; - Prove that you are a "Minister"!!! -- ((( Hebrews 1:13-14 KJV ))) -- ( Prove IT, -- and that I'm Wrong!!!!!!!! -- Prophet!!!!

Paul -- 020514

Levolor

Are you a MADist too?

That's convenient!!!!!

The Scriptures you gave there were given to the followers of Christ AND the Church!! - They were not Given to ( You )!!!

First, - You cannot show, or Prove that you are a Christian, and given those Scriptures or any Word of God. --- Just because it is written and given; --- does Not mean that they were Given to YOU!!!! - Followers of other garbage is not the Christian "WAY", but the foolish ~way!!!

( 1 Thessalonians 5:21 KJV ) --&-- ( 2 Timothy 4:5 KJV ) --//---- In other Words; - Prove that you are a "Minister"!!! -- ((( Hebrews 1:13-14 KJV ))) -- ( Prove IT, -- and that I'm Wrong!!!!!!!! -- Prophet!!!!

Paul -- 020514

everready

Like to see the look on the popes face when Jesus walked up to him and said "I Am" :)

everready

*edit: see the look on his face after he said this to Jesus.

Pope's Mass: The Church is our Mother. She cleanses us of our sins

2014-02-06

In his Thursday morning Mass, Pope Francis talked about the mystery of death. He explained that despite our sins, dying in the heart of the Church, is a gift.

POPE FRANCIS:

"It's a gift from God and we must pray for it. To say, 'Lord, grant me the gift of dying at my spiritual home, in the heart of the Church.' We are sinners! All of us are. But we're not traitors. No! We are not corrupt. No! We stay on the inside! The Church, our Mother loves us so, despite our sins, the Church cleanses us. She's our Mother.”

http://www.romereports.com/pg155711...is-our-mother-she-cleanses-us-of-our-sins--en

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And the unitarians would take up stones to hurl at Him for making Himsef equal to God.

...they can't see Him so they hurl their stones at His true church.

Listen up Tot.

You get on with giving what Christ has to give you, and leave other members of the body of Christ alone.

It may be that all the stones you throw will come back on you in a rush.

It is Christ's law of the Spirit.

Mat 7:2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

LA

PhilipJames

toldailytopic: If Christ walked among us today how would He be received by Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Agnostics, and Atheists?

He DOES walk among us today, and how we react to HIM will be crucial when we stand before HIM!!

Matt 25:34-46

Peace!
PJ

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
One afternoon in the future, the pope walks into a meeting with the Cardinals. "I have wonderful news and terrible news" he said

"What's the wonderful news?"

"I just got off the phone with Jesus. He's returned."

"Thank the Lord. What's the terrible news?"

"He was calling from Salt Lake City."

Sheila B

One afternoon in the future, the pope walks into a meeting with the Cardinals. "I have wonderful news and terrible news" he said

"What's the wonderful news?"

"I just got off the phone with Jesus. He's returned."

"Thank the Lord. What's the terrible news?"

"He was calling from Salt Lake City."

:up: ok now that's funny!!!

Sheila B

Rev 1:17 And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead.

Rev 6:15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every freeman, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains.
Rev 6:16 And they said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him sitting on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb;
Rev 6:17 for the great day of His wrath has come, and who will be able to stand?

ditto! and

Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse!
He who sat upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war...

(Rev 19:11)

Saint_of_Me

BANNED
Banned
Hmm....the far more intersting question here I think is how JC would feel about the Catholic Church today if He were to return?

The RCC would of course embrace JC. But probably would make him go to confession for his old habits of haning out with sinners and prositutes and others that the RCC would surely deem as heretics. LOL

So...if Jesus were to return today? I believe he would shake his head in grief and disappointment over what the church has become. And, Wow!--if he were to be told of its long bloody and tyrannical history, what with the evil popes, the selling of indulgences that lead to the Protestant Reformation, the pederast priests...the Spanish Inquisition, the Crusades. Too much evil to list here.

Jesus would weep. And say something along the lines of "This is NOT what I intended." He would probably reiterate his original fear of false prophets. And of those "who harm the little ones" and need "to be thrown in the lake with a millstone around their neck."

I feel he would think Martin Luther was his favorite Hero of Theology in all og history, between the time JC died and right now, when he returned.

Insofar as how others would accept Jesus...........

Us aganostics would have our questions answered. And say something along the lines of "Hmm...well, I tought there might be a chance but I wasn't sure."

Atheiests would accuse Him of being an imposter. LOL

Protestants would welcome him wholeheartedly, have a bunch of questions for him, and ask Him if there was something He could do to reign in the Catholic Church. LOL

Saint_of_Me

BANNED
Banned
"Salt Lake City!" Good one!

LOL.

Yeah...I feel JC would want to stay as far away from Vatican City as possible.

Except for maybe to go there to kick some butt.

And scold them for mis-appropriating his name. And all the oppression they have done and also condoned.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Old thread, posting anyway.

Catholics would still wait for Mary, Protestants would think they were left behind, and atheists would deny he's here.

Mark M

I predict He would be known by true Christians and accepted worldwide. If there were no New Testament, it would start as a grassroots effort