Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bornofgod View Post
    So why do you keep sinning if your born of the spirit of God?

    1 John 2:
    3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
    4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
    29: If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that every one who does right is born of him.

    1 John 3:
    6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.
    9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

    1 John 5:
    2: By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
    3: For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
    18: We know that any one born of God does not sin, but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.
    Why do you claim I keep sinning?
    Do you know me?
    Do you know anything?

    Do you know what it means to be saved by GRACE through faith...not of works so that no man can boast?
    Do you understand that we are His workmanship....that He is the potter and we are the clay?
    Do you think, as a piece of clay, you can somehow form yourself into something you're not?

    Yes, there are lots of questions you should be worrying about, but my "keeping on sinning" isn't one of them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Doormat View Post
      You'd be wise to heed what he is saying in Romans 6:16, 11:16-24, Galatians 5:19-21 and 1 Corinthians 15:34. And pay real close attention to 1 Timothy 5:20 and quit your sinning or perish.
      Sorry, oh vain one, I have already passed from death unto life. Since you obviously read something else into those verses you cite rather than what is there, I will only point out the Gospel is so simple even a child can understand it. Here I am trying to lead you to the light and you spend all your time flinging mud at the very one who would like to help you. That's gratitude for ya.

      FYI....the Bible does not say "quit your sinning or perish." If that's what you see when you read the Bible, then you will die in those very sins you claim you don't have.

      John 8:24
      I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.





      Personally, I chose the straight path...believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

      John 3:15
      That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

      John 3:16
      For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

      John 3:18
      He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Knight View Post
        The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for May 10th, 2013 05:00 AM


        toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they change their mind about wanting to be with God in heaven?

        I see you are very good at asking a question that brings out all the nuts for our viewing pleasure. What? You needed a couple of days off or something?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
          Sorry, oh vain one, I have already passed from death unto life. Since you obviously read something else into those verses you cite rather than what is there, I will only point out the Gospel is so simple even a child can understand it. Here I am trying to lead you to the light and you spend all your time flinging mud at the very one who would like to help you. That's gratitude for ya.

          FYI....the Bible does not say "quit your sinning or perish." If that's what you see when you read the Bible, then you will die in those very sins you claim you don't have.

          John 8:24
          I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.





          Personally, I chose the straight path...believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

          John 3:15
          That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

          John 3:16
          For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

          John 3:18
          He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
          And of course, another Amen

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Doormat View Post
            And yet the wages of sin is still death. But you don't believe that it's death for you because you confess and repent, confess and repent over and over, quickly enough so you don't die in between the time you sin and time you confess and repent. All the while failing to realize that by wilfully sinning after you have received the knowledge of the truth, you are blaspheming the Holy Spirit. See Hebrews 10:26-29.
            I sure wish your IQ would suddenly rise above the number thirty-six, and a half, you'd be much easier to communicate with!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Doormat View Post
              You'd be wise to heed what he is saying in Romans 6:16, 11:16-24, Galatians 5:19-21 and 1 Corinthians 15:34. And pay real close attention to 1 Timothy 5:20 and quit your sinning or perish.
              What sin is she committing that, bugs you so much that you
              ramble on and on about? You suggest that you do not sin
              and, of course that's laughable at best! Your humorous
              impression of yourself is darn near embarrassing! You've
              become a self parody of a delusional misfit who doesn't
              know his right hand from his left!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bornofgod View Post
                So why do you keep sinning if your born of the spirit of God?

                1 John 2:
                3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
                4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
                29: If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that every one who does right is born of him.

                1 John 3:
                6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.
                9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

                1 John 5:
                2: By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
                3: For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
                18: We know that any one born of God does not sin, but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.
                Why do you ask silly questions? What does "other" mean, under
                your name? You're new to this forum but, you don't seem to have any
                discernment, why is that? Are you a Christian or an other?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bornofgod View Post
                  Sinners who believe they are born of God are liars according to these following scriptures.

                  1 John 1:
                  6: If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth;

                  1 John 2:
                  4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

                  1 John 3:
                  4: Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

                  6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.

                  8: He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

                  1 John 4:
                  6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

                  1 John 5:
                  17: All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which is not mortal.

                  Matthew 5:
                  19: Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven,
                  20: For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

                  Matthew 6
                  21: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
                  22: "The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is sound, your whole body will be full of light;
                  23: but if your eye is not sound, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
                  24: "No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

                  Galations 5:
                  19: Now the works of the flesh are plain: fornication, impurity, licentiousness,
                  20: idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, anger, selfishness, dissension, party spirit,
                  21: envy, drunkenness, carousing, and the like. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

                  Matthew 7
                  21: "Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
                  22: On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
                  23: And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Doormat View Post
                    You and she have the blood of each other on your hands.

                    Ezekiel 33:8.
                    That's a dire warning coming from
                    someone who doesn't have a clue
                    what the truth is or isn't.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IMJerusha View Post
                      Only God has full discernment. “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Matthew 24:36
                      You're so busy trying to offend and be cocky that you don't even realize what you are posting.
                      I know precisely what I post. If I offend anyone, it's because
                      they come with a false doctrine/teaching. Those will definitely
                      be offended by the truth.

                      Comment


                      • Saying that one can lose their salvation is like saying Christ can be un-crucified.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                          Saying that one can lose their salvation is like saying Christ can be un-crucified.
                          Amen!

                          Comment


                          • It's hard to figure out why so many on this thread (who call themselves
                            Christians) believe; 1) They can lose their Salvation, through the act of
                            sin. 2) They believe they're entirely sinless and perfect. These two beliefs,
                            are false. Both are unacceptable and cannot be proven by Scripture unless
                            it is being misinterpreted.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                              Saying that one can lose their salvation is like saying Christ can be un-crucified.
                              No it is not. This is illogical, a non sequitur. Obviously, a dead/risen historical event cannot be reversed since it is the fixed past.

                              You have wrong assumptions leading to wrong conclusions (beg the question/circular reasoning not well thought out).

                              Using your logic, because someone died and cannot be undead, then divorce is impossible?! Huh?

                              The once for all sacrifice of Christ is a finished work, but it must be subjectively appropriated (we agree). Perseverance of the saints, sanctification, etc. is not unilateral, automatic, since two parties are involved (same with justification).

                              Salvation is relational, not physical/metaphysical. Reality can change over time. It is possible to be an atheist one year and a theist the next year. It is not impossible to be a theist and become an atheist. One can change their mind, will, relationships, commitments, reality (or are we deterministic robots?).

                              Scripture warns about apostasy/falling away. Even most MAD types do not say everyone is OSAS (not OT saints, not circ saints, just Pauline ones). So, you must recognize the principles and possibilities I am trying to share, but your hyper-disp is the way you rationalize them away to retain OSAS.

                              What is the advantage of OSAS when we have biblical assurance from the Holy Spirit? You are simply giving false assurance to Christ-haters (or are forced into the illogical loop hole of saying they must never have been saved to explain apparent apostasy).

                              Change your view, not the Bible.
                              Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

                              They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
                              I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

                              Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

                              "No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

                              The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by godrulz View Post
                                No it is not. This is illogical, a non sequitur. Obviously, a dead/risen historical event cannot be reversed since it is the fixed past.

                                You have wrong assumptions leading to wrong conclusions (beg the question/circular reasoning not well thought out).

                                Using your logic, because someone died and cannot be undead, then divorce is impossible?! Huh?

                                The once for all sacrifice of Christ is a finished work, but it must be subjectively appropriated (we agree). Perseverance of the saints, sanctification, etc. is not unilateral, automatic, since two parties are involved (same with justification).

                                Salvation is relational, not physical/metaphysical. Reality can change over time. It is possible to be an atheist one year and a theist the next year. It is not impossible to be a theist and become an atheist. One can change their mind, will, relationships, commitments, reality (or are we deterministic robots?).

                                Scripture warns about apostasy/falling away. Even most MAD types do not say everyone is OSAS (not OT saints, not circ saints, just Pauline ones). So, you must recognize the principles and possibilities I am trying to share, but your hyper-disp is the way you rationalize them away to retain OSAS.

                                What is the advantage of OSAS when we have biblical assurance from the Holy Spirit? You are simply giving false assurance to Christ-haters (or are forced into the illogical loop hole of saying they must never have been saved to explain apparent apostasy).

                                Change your view, not the Bible.
                                You gave Lighthouse the wrong advice. You should have
                                just told him to ignore you. That's the better advice.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X