toldailytopic: Once a person is saved can they reject that salvation should they chan

StanJ53

John 8:34 refutes you. The story of Adam and Eve refutes you.

No it doesn't. It just proves once again you have no idea how to properly exegete scripture.

Until you grasp that you must cease from sin (1Pt 4:1), you will remain lost. And Jesus will say to you, along with all the others that called him "Lord, Lord" but continued in sin, he never knew you (1Jn 3:6, Mt 7:23).

We've been over this Doormat. You do NOT exegete scripture properly and when you are refuted you ignore it.

What did Paul call himself in 1 Tim 1:15?
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.

I am NOT under the law, so I'm not subject to it's power. 1 Cor 15:56
You have already been refuted about 1 John 3:6 many times. I won't repeat myself. As well you continue to ignore 1 John 2:1, which is written to believers.

Then there is Romans 4:4-5
Now to the one who works, his wages are not credited as a gift, but as an obligation. 5 But to the one who does not work, but entrusts himself to the one who justifies the ungodly, his faith is credited as righteousness.

You work at not sinning, I walk in faith.
You worry about sin, I do not.
You live under the OC Law, I live under the NC faith and freedom from the law.
You want to condemn those that are free and in so doing sin by judging.
You quote Matthew 7:23 OUT of context and yet ignore Matthew 7:1-5
“Do not judge others, so that you will not be judged. 2 For by the standard you judge you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye but pay no attention to the log in your own eye? 4 Or how dare you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye,’ and look, there is a log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite! First take the log out of your own eye, and then you will be able to see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
You are wasting your breath. We have been going round and round with him and losing salvation. Including Judas with what you are pointing out. It goes even further. Judas was chosen because he was a devil. Rulz doesn't care, he wants to pull people from the faith.

God chose a devil for the inner circle of Christ and called him an apostle?! What Bible are you reading? A Calvinistic one or the Satanic Bible?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
That would be an OSAS doctrinal addendum. The two always seem to run hand in hand. God foreknew our choices. He didn't make them for us. He gave us free will to choose Him or walk away.

You're wrong about the first part of your sentence, and
right about the last half! You might say; you're half baked!

OSAS is the truth! God gave is free will is truth!

godrulz

Hall of Fame
We still must recognize that Hebrews and, James as well were pertaining to the Jewish believers!

Jew and Gentile are one in Christ post-cross (even before Paul). The gospel was contextualized for Jewish Christians, but it is not a different gospel than the one for Gentile Christians. Add MAD to your list of false teachings.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Most do not say an act of sin causes loss of salvation. This is as extreme as OSAS. The fact is that unbelief is the antithesis of the condition of saving faith, so it is a unique sin. Whether one is always in a state of rejection of Christ or reverts to that state after a time of genuine conversion leads to the same godless state.

I agree that sinless perfection is not a biblical view during our lives on earth. Paul did not believe it, so I don't either.

I'm afraid you're all mixed up! Best to put your data through the
truth machine again and see if it comes out right the second time!

StanJ53

No saint ever sinned again once they were born again. Christians are NOT sinless saints and have no clue what "born of God" means.

You CAN'T be a Christian if you're NOT born of God. Hello!
John 3:10-15
Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

IMJerusha

We still must recognize that Hebrews and, James as well were pertaining to the Jewish believers!

"There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
You need to recognize that, in regards to the recipients of the letter to the Hebrews, they were Christians whose hearts only God knew. It wasn't that they had no faith but that their faith needed bolstering and encouragement and Paul provided that for them because of stiff opposition they had been facing. That is what we are supposed to do Grosnick, encourage one another, not tear each other down when the going gets tough.

If you're going to bring James into this, he identifies the recipients of his letter as being the twelve tribes scattered among the nations but do you not consider the book of James to be God's breathed Word, profitable for every servant of God?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Sure, as long as you recognize they were Christians whose hearts only God knew. It wasn't that they had no faith but that their faith needed bolstering and encouragement and Paul provided that for them because of stiff opposition they had been facing. That is what we are supposed to do Grosnick, encourage one another, not tear each other down when the going gets tough.

The going gets tough when false teachers attempt to
introduce false doctrine into the mix!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jew and Gentile are one in Christ post-cross (even before Paul). The gospel was contextualized for Jewish Christians, but it is not a different gospel than the one for Gentile Christians. Add MAD to your list of false teachings.

The Bible must be rightly divided. Pay very close attention
to Paul, who was sent to the gentile believers with the message
of Gods Grace through faith alone!