toldailytopic: Who do you think would make a good TOL moderator?

Joseph Roberts

BANNED
Banned
I have to say I am the most qualified to be a moderator. I'm currently a MOD oh a dating site. I'm the only one qualified. Knight I can send you the information if you like.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Now go take a course in logic and statistics and get back to me.
What, again?

We're talking about rules and enforcement, which was exactly what I noted, not physicality.
Nobody has any idea what our disagreement is any more. :idunno:

Least of all me.

They only need to have the power to enforce their opinion.
They need to exercise that power in keeping with the beliefs of what has been established. Divergence in belief makes for division in leadership.

And that opinion is founded on the proposition of unequal treatment, which is neither fair, just, nor right. It's purely an expression of power.
:allsmile:

Now I can live with it as a trade-off. It's easy for me since I tend to agree more often than not with the power structure, but I'm not going to call it something it isn't, something it doesn't even pretend to be and neither should you.
You're not going to call it fair or right? Well, you can call it not fair and all you'll get is mocked. You can call it not right and get yourself smacked by the truth.

Truth is that is is right for the mods to behave as they do and to limit access to the functions of the mods as they do.

That if is the presumption here. The rules aren't being formed. They're in play. All that a mod can impact is enforcement.
What? :AMR:

zoo22

I have never said anything negative about either Jack or your wife. I know those two are very precious to you. That I do respect.

But he's let you know that he doesn't want your comments about them, and that he doesn't consider them respectful. Instead of trying to convince him how respectful you are, you need to accept that.

So if you actually do respect that they're precious to him, like you say, you won't say another word about them. The way for you to show your respect in this case, is with your silence.

Don't even respond to this. Just let it go.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Try this. Read through all the reports submitted by those on your wish-list and see how many of them were completely ignored.
:think: Hmm. So, instead of answering my question you tell me to analyze the reports and compare them to a wish-list that I didn't create. :eek: You're not always very helpful. :D

We should have a vote. :think:
Good idea!

But first we need to vote on who the candidates will be. And before that a vote on how many candidates there should be. Any other votes we can have? ;)

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My point in the post was that a moderator is not able to allow themselves the luxury of getting agitated over stupid things that the other posters say or don't say, but must find a way to look at crass and distastful posts with fairness and objectivity. Can you honestly state that your posts in this thread show your fairness and objectivity?

Wouldn't it be great if far fewer people here allowed themselves that luxury.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...other extremist or despots...
Who are the ones for there to be others to?

:think: Hmm. So, instead of answering my question you tell me to analyze the reports and compare them to a wish-list that I didn't create. :eek: You're not always very helpful. :D
So you don't have an opinion. Forget it then. :idunno:

But first we need to vote on who the candidates will be. And before that a vote on how many candidates there should be. Any other votes we can have? ;)

Actually, I was suggesting we vote on whether we think there is going to be a new mod. :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You can add me to your list, Lighthouse. I think you would be a great moderator. :thumb:
I'd actually probably say Lighthouse would be good too. His views match the views of Knight, he's been on the board a long time, and I don't think he'd overstretch his mod powers or get too involved in things. Not sure if he's online enough lately, though.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
But he's let you know that he doesn't want your comments about them, and that he doesn't consider them respectful. Instead of trying to convince him how respectful you are, you need to accept that.

She needs to accept that only if she's willing to respect the oversensitive immature irrationality behind it.

Honestly. Eeset's got more manliness than you and Town combined. What a bunch of whiners.

"Wahhh! I don't like you saying mean things about me! And I don't even like you saying non-mean things about my family life that I plaster all over this site! Wahhh! I want you to respect my immature feelings! Or else I'll go off and pout somewhere again!"

If either of you are still holding your man card, turn it in now.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
maybe Del's tired of dealing with all the childish crap :idunno:

nin, crow, poly?

they didn't take crap from anyone - cross the line and you were outta here

come back whining about it?

:wave:
Is that why you were banned more often back then? :D

You also didn't suck up to them like you do to the mods now. :eek:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
So you don't have an opinion. Forget it then.

An opinion on what?
I don't have a wish-list but if you are asking about what I think of the posts that get reported, yes I do think the report feature is over-used. :idunno: