Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Isla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inzl Kett View Post
    That is because many of the lefties are something other than Christian. Here is a a quote from Roger Ebert.

My only purpose today is to state early and often that if a Presidential candidate believes early humans used saddles to ride on the backs of dinosaurs, as they are depicted at the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Kentucky, that candidate should not be elected President.

Source
    Roger Ebert was an athiest. His leftist views were colored by his disdain for all things spiritual. The policies coming out of Washington today are being colored by non-theisim--especially that kind that is antithetical to Christianity.
    So what the world needs is a US president who may disregard science and physical evidence in favour of a literal Genesis and young Earth creationism?
    How about a Rapture Ready president who could stir things up the middle east and maybe help bring about a Biblical end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Knight View Post
      toldailytopic: Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Islam which violently opposes those things?
      Liberals hate anything to do with Christ. Islam opposes Christ. Opposing Christ is far more important to the Left than issues like homosexuality and feminism.
      That's the answer in a nutshell.
      It's a part of the answer, but not the whole answer.

That is because many of the lefties are something other than Christian.

Indeed they are.

Liberals are retarded.

It's this degradation of intellectual ability that causes them to reject Christ, embrace feminism, support abortion and yes, defend Islam.

Pity them.

Comment

How interesting. Seems it is trash liberals day.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeset View Post
          How interesting. Seems it is trash liberals day.
          It's just like groundhog day perhaps?

Comment

I despise Islam. Even more so than the other big religions and that is saying something. Generalizations about a group are a dime a dozen. I'd never defend any religion. I might defend some religious practioners from being bullied over their religion, but it's not because I care about their religion. I care about them as people.
            I'm not a sinner, or preacher, all I have is slight of hand.

Comment

Islam opposes Christ? Take it you haven't read who the prophets of Islam are.

But I'm in agreement, Islam is just as fatuous. Or fatwaus, either or.

Comment

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 8th, 2013 05:00 AM

Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Islam which violently opposes those things?

This question is from an American perspective, and one that defines 'liberal' as being synonymously 'democratic' in political ideology.

First define what you mean by 'liberal', then maybe I can answer this a little more succinctly.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
                Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Tim 2:15 (NIV)
                For this very reason, make every effort by your faith to produce virtue, by virtue knowledge, 6 by knowledge self-control, by self-control steadfastness, by steadfastness godliness, 7 by godliness brotherly affection, and by brotherly affection love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will make you effective and productive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NIV)

Comment

Liberals hate anything to do with Christ. Islam opposes Christ. Opposing Christ is far more important to the Left than issues like homosexuality and feminism.
                  You make it sound as if every action is based solely on the need to give your God et al a swift battering in the ribs with size ten steel toe capped boots whilst they are on the floor wretching on their own hypocrisy . . . . Which is an untenable position.

We do it purely to annoy you lot

I believe in the freedom of religion, provided it stays in its place. Not just Christianity; but all religions. You guys prattle on about homosexuals gaying it up in your faces, well I feel similar (not the same) about religion.

Further I have some friends who follow Islam and they are good likeable people, it is a few that give the majority a bad name. Rusha on the other hand is right, I'm certainly more wary of Islam than most other religions.
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Comment

Eh, some people's definition of 'liberal' equates to not leaning to the far right. Some people's definition of 'championing women's rights' equates to supporting their being allowed to venture away from the sink etc....

Not exactly the most clarified of TOTD's....
                    Well this is fun isn't it?

Comment

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for April 8th, 2013 05:00 AM

toldailytopic: Why do liberals who claim to champion gay & women's rights defend Islam which violently opposes those things?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
                      If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.
                      I think the primary reason is because it isn't Muslims who are most politically active in the US.

I do think there is also an element of it being cool to be anti-Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoney View Post
                        I think the primary reason is because it isn't Muslims who are most politically active in the US.

I do think there is also an element of it being cool to be anti-Christian.
                        According to the website Stuff White People Like, #2 on their list is the following:

#2 Religions that their parents don’t belong to
                        White people will often say they are “spiritual” but not religious. Which usually means that they will believe any religion that doesn’t involve Jesus.

Popular choices include Buddhism, Hinduism, Kabbalah and, to a lesser extent, Scientology. A few even dip into Islam, but it’s much more rare since you have to give stuff up and actually go to Mosque.

Mostly they are into religion that fits really well into their homes or wardrobe and doesn’t require them to do very much.
                        Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
                        . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Comment

Originally posted by The Berean View Post
                          According to the website Stuff White People Like, #2 on their list is the following:
                          Either they're wrong, or I'm not white. Which would explain a lot of things, actually...
                          This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                            Beware of stereotyping. In this case, it produced conflicting assumptions.
                            Has it now...
                            The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Comment

Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                              It's this degradation of intellectual ability that causes them to reject Christ, embrace feminism, support abortion and yes, defend Islam.

Pity them.
                              Bingo! nailed it Res, I owe you some rep.
                              The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

Comment

Originally posted by rocketman View Post
                                Has it now...
                                Yep. Not quite as funny as the rant against the Nazi atheist Catholic gay Muslims, but close.
                                This message is hidden because ...

Comment

Working...
                                X