Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: Eternal torment, Annihilationism or Universalism, which do you believe

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bybee View Post
    I tend to believe in eventual annihilationism as being in keeping with God's revelation of Himself in Scripture.
    What Scriptures lead you to this conclusion?

    Originally posted by drstevej View Post
    I believe in Eternal Punishment. The term Eternal Torment distorts the view. This is a judicial action not a kid burning ants with a magnifying glass.

    Please change the options otherwise your question needs an OTHER.
    Torment can be internal; i.e. they torment themselves over their rejection of God
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
      What Scriptures lead you to this conclusion?
      What do you believe and what scriptures lead you to that conclusion?
      So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
        What Scriptures lead you to this conclusion?


        Torment can be internal; i.e. they torment themselves over their rejection of God
        I didn't think of that. Torment comes when it is too late to change?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Knight View Post
          toldailytopic: Eternal torment, Annihilationism or Universalism, which do you believe and why?
          Eternal torment; same reason I believe in eternal life for the believer. The Bible says so. Passages have already been posted by others.

          God created man to be eternal, and it is only because man sinned that was lost in the physical; but He never allowed for the soul to be annihilated, else He would do so to Lucy.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by bybee View Post
            I didn't think of that. Torment comes when it is too late to change?
            And in the Lake of Fire it is definitely too late to change.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bybee View Post
              I didn't think of that. Torment comes when it is too late to change?
              I believe so. Like when you think of all the things you wanted to say to someone after they have died. It's tormenting. But in Yeshua we have hope!
              I AM the pie lady!!

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                When we are dead, we are dead. End of story.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                  Eternal torment; same reason I believe in eternal life for the believer. The Bible says so. Passages have already been posted by others.

                  God created man to be eternal, and it is only because man sinned that was lost in the physical; but He never allowed for the soul to be annihilated, else He would do so to Lucy.
                  Who's Lucy?
                  I AM the pie lady!!

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                      Eternal torment... The Bible says so.
                      Where?

                      Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                      Passages have already been posted by others.
                      One passage was posted. Matthew 25:46. It doesn't mean what you are claiming.

                      Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                      ... He never allowed for the soul to be annihilated, else He would do so to Lucy.
                      Lucifer? How does that follow? Explain yourself.
                      So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Dena View Post
                        When we are dead, we are dead. End of story.
                        Define death.

                        Originally posted by IMJerusha View Post
                        Who's Lucy?
                        Lucifer
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by resurrected View Post
                          Oh THAT Lucy! Oh yeah, she's a pistol!
                          I AM the pie lady!!

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Doormat View Post
                            Where?

                            One passage was posted. Matthew 25:46. It doesn't mean what you are claiming.

                            Lucifer? How does that follow? Explain yourself.
                            Shut up, elohiym, you disruptive little troll.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              This is figurative:

                              Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

                              In contrast, what Peter writes in 2 Peter 3:1-12 and Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-4 is literal.
                              So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                                Lucifer
                                Ah!....HaSatan, the fallen one.
                                I AM the pie lady!!

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X