Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

toldailytopic: What will heaven be like? Harps and clouds? Banquet? Streets of Gold?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuySmiley View Post
    Shut up, sinner!
    Luke 6 (37) Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: (38) Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
    "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Hunter View Post
      Luke 6 (37) Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: (38) Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
      Luke 6:42

42or how art thou able to say to thy brother, Brother, suffer, I may take out the mote that [is] in thine eye -- thyself the beam in thine own eye not beholding? Hypocrite, take first the beam out of thine own eye, and then thou shalt see clearly to take out the mote that [is] in thy brother's eye.
      Vivo per lei, perchè oramai, io non ho altra via d'uscita, perchè la musica, lo sai, davvero non l'ho mai tradita.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.--John 8:31-32

My blog:

Comment

Originally posted by Samstarrett View Post
        Luke 6:42

42or how art thou able to say to thy brother, Brother, suffer, I may take out the mote that [is] in thine eye -- thyself the beam in thine own eye not beholding? Hypocrite, take first the beam out of thine own eye, and then thou shalt see clearly to take out the mote that [is] in thy brother's eye.
        . . . different context . . . Smiley is clearly NOT in "correction mode" . . . he is making a JUDGEMENT of P66's moral status . . . therefore . . . your quote doesn't apply.

Luke 6:37-38
        "The more scientifically literate, intellectually honest and objectively skeptical a person is, the more likely they are to disbelieve in anything supernatural, including god."

Comment

. . . different context . . . Smiley is clearly NOT in "correction mode" . . . he is making a JUDGEMENT of P66's moral status . . . therefore . . . your quote doesn't apply.

Luke 6:37-38
          Because I find the best judgment comes with a winking smiley.

Still working on the wink.
          You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
            Though I think we can all agree that Polka is singularly found in hell...and dentist's offices.
            You forgot about Oktoberfest?
            How many did you have?
            Learn to read what is written.

_____
            The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
            ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Comment

Originally posted by genuineoriginal View Post
              You forgot about Oktoberfest?
              How many did you have?
              Oh don't get that thread started again!
              You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone66 View Post
                I'm thinking lot's of pious, arrogant, really mean spirited people.
                Originally posted by GuySmiley View Post
                Shut up, sinner!
                See, my post was pious, arrogant, and mean spirited. Followed by a rolling of the eyes and a wink. With more life experience you'll come to realize that a roll of the eyes and a wink usually means someone is being sarcastic and/or joking. I think P66 will get it.

Believe me, with my family, I already recieve plenty of sarcasm, pressed down, and shaken together.
                "I believe in Christianity, as I believe the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C.S. Lewis

"Don't believe that there's nothing that's true, don't believe in this modern machine." Switchfoot

Comment

Working...
                X