toldailytopic: How did the universe come into existence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Hunter

The accelerating expansion of the universe is caused by what mainstream science calls dark energy. It is a property of space time itself. The creationist believes this dark energy is the power of God himself and is mentioned in the bible where it speaks of God keeping the universe intact through his power. The atheist or naturalist is uncertain as to its nature or origin but say it may come from the vacuum energy.
. . . more likely . . . this is where you read into the Bible what you want it to say.

rexlunae

That's right - and it is important to be clear that decreasing deceleration is not the same as acceleration.

Well, at the very least, no matter how much you decrease the magnitude of gravity, it can't "sign change", i.e. go from positive to negative.

This fact of the expansion of the universe actually accelerating demonstrates that there is something beyond the material universe.
For the expansion to accelerate there must be energy flowing into the material universe.
So not only is the material universe not all there is - the material universe is not a thermodynamically closed system either.
:)

We don't know where dark energy comes from, or even for sure if that is the right explanation. It's premature to say that it must come from outside the Universe.

John Mortimer

Well, at the very least, no matter how much you decrease the magnitude of gravity, it can't "sign change", i.e. go from positive to negative.
Indeed... so the idea that decreasing gravitational pull could be the cause of the accelerating expansion does not seem to be valid.

We don't know where dark energy comes from, or even for sure if that is the right explanation. It's premature to say that it must come from outside the Universe.

For those who have already decided that there is nothing beyond the vibrational spectrum of the material universe such a thought will always be premature.

Charity

smile...

smile...

some nonsense!

can we draw all things unto us! ...do we belong to the earths seed. because we live. we give life an a universe to organs cells an bacteria that they live within us....we say they are part of us,
But remove them, implant them in another...they reply haha we are really truly ourselves! ...smile as they chant! all things are possible for God the surgeon!..An then the rest of the new body might say how did you arrive here? we went to sleep woke up an there you were?
now there's all sorts of way's they might intuprit how the new heart etc arrives even until the end lets say...smiles.

Universe to universe as far as we can see!

John Mortimer

I could answer you with a mirror, if you get my meaning.

Yes, you could.... for those who have decided that there IS something beyond the vibrational spectrum of the material universe the idea will never seem premature.

I am perfectly comfortable with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.