toldailytopic: If I had 10 million dollars, I'd....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for March 21st, 2011 10:01 AM

toldailytopic: If I had 10 million dollars, I'd....

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If I had 10 million dollars, I'd....

:think: Buy 10 million lottery tickets. That would really increase my chances of striking it rich, don't you think?

some other dude

Invest it in something safe and live off the income.

10 mil at 8% gets you $800K.

Big brother takes his half, you're still left with 400K.

I could live quite nicely on 400K. :thumb:

nicholsmom

I would have to give that kind of money some serious thought. I would look into the well-digging projects in countries where there is a sore need for clean water. I would look into adopting a child (really as many as allowed) with Down syndrome from a country where the child's chances of survival are extremely low. I would have to give a great deal of it to Reece's Rainbow. I would check out lots of missionaries and Christian organizations that are in need.

The money would be gone as quickly as decisions could be made on how best to disburse it.

Oh, and I'd get my truck fixed and paid off and hire a professional cleaning company to thoroughly go through my house :eek:

Krsto

I would have to give that kind of money some serious thought. I would look into the well-digging projects in countries where there is a sore need for clean water. I would look into adopting a child (really as many as allowed) with Down syndrome from a country where the child's chances of survival are extremely low. I would have to give a great deal of it to Reece's Rainbow. I would check out lots of missionaries and Christian organizations that are in need.

The money would be gone as quickly as decisions could be made on how best to disburse it.

Oh, and I'd get my truck fixed and paid off and hire a professional cleaning company to thoroughly go through my house :eek:

A lot of the same as NM plus invest some in some of my business ideas, do a little land developing such as buy a hilltop and build a replica Italian hilltop town complete with winery as a major tourist attraction for our area which is #2 in wine production in the US, buy a yacht and have a traveling bible college (85% of the world's population is within 100 miles of navigable waters), build some of my really cool architectural designs, I dunno, whatever strikes me at the time . . .

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'd like to change mine to nine million lottery tickets and a million dollars worth of the scratch offs. :think: No sense in putting all my eggs in the one basket.

:plain:

Cracked

Pay off bills.
Set up kids.
Invest for personal, necessary, living expenses.
Give some away to family (church and otherwise), and charity.
I would save some for some travel - Ireland and Israel. All the rest would be taken up by the above.

Selaphiel

I would pay down my loans immediately, the simply put it all in a bank and live off the interest. That interest income would be vastly excessive compared to what I need so I would set aside money from that interest to make sure my nephews and niece can get a loan free education and the rest of the interest income would be spent on some charity organization and possibly set up a fund that could grant scholarships to promising students.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
$1mln = pay off debts and do some fun stuff with it, like traveling

$5mln = put into the bank, invest, etc. so I can hopefully have plenty of money for retirement

$4mln = Give away

Dena

Charity, investments, off the grid house, new car (something on the cheaper side), help out my mom, maybe some other family members too and perhaps go back to school.

WizardofOz

I'd buy land for development, creating a private, gated community for my closest friends and family. - Has been my "I'm rich" dream as long as I can remember.

I'd definitely give some away to charity and other worthy causes including family/friends.

Invest/save the rest for my kids and their kids and their kids to live on

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
I would pay down my loans immediately, the simply put it all in a bank and live off the interest. That interest income would be vastly excessive compared to what I need so I would set aside money from that interest to make sure my nephews and niece can get a loan free education and the rest of the interest income would be spent on some charity organization and possibly set up a fund that could grant scholarships to promising students.

Pay down?....How much do you owe? :squint:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Dump about a million into Ruth House & set up an annuity to provide for it's utilities.

.....I don't know about the rest. I'd have to think about it. :plain:

Status
Not open for further replies.