toldailytopic: Cat or dog? Which pet reigns supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 30th, 2010 11:18 AM

toldailytopic: Cat or dog? Which pet reigns supreme?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'm a cat person. Dogs are usually better companions and better for security, but they are higher maintenance which I don't like. And cats can provide some companionship, depending on their personality.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic:
Cat or dog? Which pet reigns supreme?

Far be it from me to argue.

:argue:

:sinapisN:...Cats Rule!...:sinapisN:

:cheers:

:e4e:

The Berean

Cats rock! Dogs are stupid and smelly.

ga910120.gif

MrRadish

In a dog, one has a sort of slave, albeit an enthusiastic one. At most, a dependent, like a small child. In a cat, on the other hand, one has a friend, who regards you in equal terms.

I prefer the latter, unless the cat is a lion. In which case a friend may very well end up in the cat.

The Berean

I'm a cat person. Dogs are usually better companions and better for security, but they are higher maintenance which I don't like. And cats can provide some companionship, depending on their personality.

I dunno. I think this cat would be pretty good at security. :p

Panther_000.jpg

kmoney

Hall of Fame
In a dog, one has a sort of slave, albeit an enthusiastic one. At most, a dependent, like a small child. In a cat, on the other hand, one has a friend, who regards you in equal terms.

I prefer the latter, unless the cat is a lion. In which case a friend may very well end up in the cat.

Cats view us on equal terms? I'm not always sure about that. I think there is still a slave, but with cats you are the slave. :eek:

Nydhogg

Dogs FTW!
I'm allergic to the damn cats.

With a dog, you get a devoted partner in crime. With a cat, you get an aloof roommate.

cromw.jpg

That's Krom.

It's a Boxer/Ridgeback mix, the pic was taken when the mutt was 6 months old. The little bugger ended up a runt, but a beautiful runt at that.

Selaphiel

I love them both, but if I had to choose I would choose the cats. I would really like to have a cat, but I'm allergic :( That is somewhat of a tragedy since I really like them. When I visit someone who have a cat I always have small rashes on my hands and watery eyes since I couldn't refrain from playing with the cat. :eek:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When you come home from work, a dog is there to greet you; grateful that you're there. A cat is usually hiding on top of the fridge, waiting to pounce upon you for forgetting to leave a can of tuna for them. From a dog's viewpoint, you are God; from a cat's viewpoint, they are God.

Obviously, I'm a dog person. :chuckle: BTW, I have both dogs and cats. My cats act like miniature dogs when they want my attention.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Granite

Hall of Fame
We own two cats and a dog.

I'm a dog guy--was raised with them, love their devotion, love my pit's goofiness mixed with her willingness to protect me and the wife at the drop of a hat. (No, we're not those reckless irresponsible mutants who bought a pit bull for the wrong reasons.)

Our cats are well and good, quite affectionate, and the most outgoing felines ever...as well as devilishly clever...but between the two species, I gotta go with the pooch every time.

Unless it's a pug.

Hate pugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.