toldailytopic: What did you get for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for December 25th, 2010 03:21 PM

toldailytopic: What did you get for Christmas?

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The coolest gift I got? An old fashioned pipe with some expensive tobacco. Cant wait to try it out.

I also got a LOST encyclopedia. :up:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Clothes for work

Roku - http://www.roku.com/

My parents are helping to pay to have some painting done at my house

A donation made on my behalf to World Vision to give some kids school supplies

Money

elohiym

A carton of cigarettes! :smokie:

And last week I got an early Christmas gift: my wife took out a 2 million life insurance policy on me.

Just kidding...I don't smoke. :chuckle:

What I got?

...To see my kids enjoy their gifts, and a walk with my oldest daughter where we discussed the gospel, which she accepts.

I also bought an electric piano for the whole family, so I got that, too. :banana:

Nydhogg

I'm waitin' for them prices to drop, then I'm building a new 'puter.

Nothing flashy, an average $800 gaming/3d design rig.

21'' Full-HD Monitor.
4 GB DDR3 1033 RAM (Will upgrade to 8 in a few months.)
1 TB SATA2 HDD.
1 GB DDR5 GIGABYTE GTX 460, the factory overclocked card with the dual coolers :p.
PHENOM II X4 3.2 GHZ (will overclock to 3,6).

You get the overall idea.
I'm starting a game development team so I need a new rig for myself.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
My wife, my four sons, my three daughters, two daughter in laws, one son in law and two grand-daughters were all together in my warm, dry house for two days with good food, kind exchanges, smiles and laughs. The LORD is good to me!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
:sibbie: What is wrong with Mrs. Tomato? :listen::jolly::jolly:

:mmph:pascal's Wager! No, I have not put it together yet; directions are called Arnobius of Sicca.:wave2:

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

toldailytopic:
What did you get for Christmas?

"We" got a :Slippery: from our grandson Thomas IV, he lives in Indiana :thumb:

NKJV Thompson Chain Reference Bible, blue leather :poly:

A copy of Pastor Charles R. Swindoll's "Joseph" :)

A Cross fountain pen, black matte finish :scripto: I still hand write letters and post cards.

And 100 "Forever" postage stamps from our daughter :Whipsnap:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I had to have the electrician and plumber out again. So, I didn't get my crock pot or my deep fryer. But, :jessilu: got me an Atari Flashback gaming system. :chuckle: She seemed to think I'd enjoy it more than a small appliance. Also, I got a phone call from my mom this morning. She's made it to Gallup, NM. Not bad for three days, especially since the first day, she was trying to outrun a snow storm. She'll probably be in CA tomorrow or Monday.

MrRadish

I got the essential oils I wanted, so my perfume marketting scheme will go ahead! I think my favourite surprise was a French cookbook, though. I'm pretty good at British, Indian, Chinese and some Thai food now, but the thing about the last three is that you can get away with doing what you want because nobody knows what they're supposed to taste like. French food, in my books, is essentially everything Anglo-American cuisine should be.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My sister ordered for me a star ruby ring. The stone is set in silver.

Also my husband is now recovering from his surgery. He is progressing as well as can be expected. Prayers for his recovery are appreciated.

Todah

Three hours.......together with my estranged wife and three children, in my living room and kitchen..... and seldom was heard a discouraging word, and the skies were not cloudy all day.

Praise Yah, it was a Merry Christmas for me and mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.