toldailytopic: Do you believe the government is taxing you too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdgareth

Lol! I'm a businessman and an employer, of course I'm always going to think the governments are taxing too much especially when I see the waste.

Europe is suffering from aid fatigue, no wonder.

In the last 10 years Europe alone has given 70 million dollars in aid to Africa
In the last 10 years corruption has cost africa 140 million dollars plus.

So in effect all europe has done is subsidize half of the corruption

drbrumley

I think it is loathsome for one man to own another and the involuntary tribute demanded by government is simply another form of owning another man’s wealth and labor. Taxation is the way collectivists practice their compassion by taking their neighbor’s money at gunpoint. William Buppert

:up:

Aner

??? that's a poor table, Aner. Makes no sense - try figuring out the bb code to make it readable.

With all due respect, if you can't read this, you would not be able to read it in any format. I recommend staying in the kitchen...

Aner

You're leaving out one interesting and relevant detail, Nick. That top 1% that pays 40% receives what % of the wealth produced? According to the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, in a 2009 article, that top one percent realized around 66% of that wealth. That's a burden I'll gladly bear. Well, it's one my father shoulders nobly then. I'll have to ask him how he manges to put imported wine on the table for all that.

That is certainly part of the point -

Should we be taxed on the benefit that we receive from services - mainly "security"... If so, the top marginal rate s/b returned to at least 70%.

Deficit problem solved and we will have real trickle down.

Aner

Not sure where this quote came from, but found it interesting

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another
person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

From a brainless right wing talking point blog....

In other words, if you are uneducated and thoughtless and don't think about it for more than about 2 seconds, it will actually make sense, and you will walk around saying things like "Obama hangs around with terrorists" and not be able to remember the last thing you read.... (for the obvious reason that there wasn't a last thing...).

Best,
Aner

Aner

"Do you believe the government is taxing you too much?" is the same question as "if you've ever been robbed, did they take too much or too little?"

Will you work together with me on eliminating the standing military and the MIC??? Guaranteed to cut your Fed taxes by 60%!

We can work on your local corrupt "law enforcement" next.

Aner

Aner

Receives??? Com'on, TH, you surely realize that money is earned. That wealth is built with wit, risk, and hard work - it is not "received" as though it were being doled out, and not gained "on the backs of the poor" as though it were being taken out of the pockets of the hard-working middle class

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Boy they sure got you hoodwinked...

I recommend a reading of the book of James so you can learn how the rich got rich.

I know, I know - the Word of God is a scary place to right wing lemmings.... I can hold your hand if you want me to....

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Receives??? Com'on, TH, you surely realize that money is earned. That wealth is built with wit, risk, and hard work - it is not "received" as though it were being doled out, and not gained "on the backs of the poor" as though it were being taken out of the pockets of the hard-working middle class :nono:

The point being that Nick and others appear to suggest an inequity of burden. The natural question then becomes, in relation to what? Well, income, of course. That's what we're talking about. So, when that 1% pays 40% while bringing in and owning over 66% of the wealth produced, it puts that inequity in an entirely different light. Begin to move toward the middle class and, by the time you arrive you'll realize that most people split a remarkably small piece of that pie relative to their contributions to the economic well being of the nation.

:cheers:

The Berean

Lol! I'm a businessman and an employer, of course I'm always going to think the governments are taxing too much especially when I see the waste.

Europe is suffering from aid fatigue, no wonder.

In the last 10 years Europe alone has given 70 million dollars in aid to Africa
In the last 10 years corruption has cost africa 140 million dollars plus.

So in effect all europe has done is subsidize half of the corruption
That seems awfully low for an entire continent to give out over 10 years. Perhaps you meant 70 billion dollars?

Krsto

Y'all need to read Econoclasts: The Rebels Who Sparked the Supply-Side Revolution and Restored American Prosperity

sdgareth

Aner

I am a business man who employs 120+ people in a country ravaged by HIV
Where 45 % of the population (1 000 000) is HIV Positive.

I've helped many of my staff build their own houses (from mud and stick to bricks and cement) , educate their children. I have seen how this population has been taxed to death and have very little to show for it (traffic lights dont work and roads are bad) there is very little health care.

So I have seen people taxed to death. So Governments take with the one hand
shove whatever they can into their gluttonous mouths spend a huge chunk on arms because they have been duped by international arms dealers into thinking that they need it (war is a business, it is all about control) and the few cents that are left are spent on feeding the poor.

For your information the country I live in:
Population: 1 000 000
HIV: 45 %
33% unemployed
Rest live on less than 1$ a day
Average age leading a house hold is 12
Average male life expectancy is 35

So to continue taking from those that have, take what their anal retentive mind thinks they deserve, then dole out the remaining pennies is a system that just does not work. There is no future in it

It keeps the poor, poor and uneducated. The corruption levels go through the roof because people are tired of being taxed to death

That is my point, there is no future in it.

sdgareth

Yeah maybe I was incorrect 70 billion sounds more realistic. However the ratio remains the same. Nothing achieved.

70 Billion shows you how much can be wasted

Status
Not open for further replies.