Suggestions for the TOL Topic of the Day

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You do realize that a Butterfinger is just a chocolate covered Chick-O-Stick, right?
It's close. I don't have anything against the Stick, just a preference.

Now when it comes to candy restricted to particular holidays I'll take Reese's Reester Bunny (the large one) over just about anything.

Topics:

Is it better to be just or merciful?

In light of Matthew 19:24 is the end game of capitalism an endangerment for the lion's share of Christendom?

In light of Matthew 19:24 should Christendom be wary of the counsel of the rich?

Is Matthew 19:24 an argument for the redistribution of wealth?

If the purpose of life is relation with God why do we delegate one day to focus on it?

And--if it takes one to know one how is it we all agree the world is rife with rascals? :think:

touched

Are we exhibiting a lack of trust in God through vaccinations, insurance , trust accounts, banks and the healthcare reforms what's your opinion,?
Dear God I just wanted to let you know I have complete faith and belief in you however I'm not sure I can trust you with the care of my children and their health so I'm going to have them vaccinated against things that you might possibly be able to keep from happening to them or killing them In the future so that they have don't have to rely on you for their welfare.

WizardofOz

The collapse of the dollar

Will it happen?
When will it happen?
What would change if it did?
Could it be replaced as the world's reserve currency?
What is hyperinflation?

Who's to blame?
What can be done?

Newman

The collapse of the dollar

Will it happen?
When will it happen?
What would change if it did?
Could it be replaced as the world's reserve currency?
What is hyperinflation?

Who's to blame?
What can be done?

Yes.
Soon.
Everything.
No.
Bad.
The Fed.
Nothing.

Krsto

Did you ever get spanked as a kid? Did you deserve it? Did it do any good? Do you spank your kids? Why or why not? How is that working for you?

Krsto

We never get into church government, one of my favorite subjects. Questions to get it going:

Where do you see any pastors, other than Christ, in the New Testament?
Did church government change with the changing of the covenants?
If Christ is to be the head of the church in practice, not just in theory, which form of church government would be the best "working out" of that headship? Which form would be the least?
Is the NT so vague as to allow any kind of church government as man sees fit or is one form specifically taught?
How close are typical Evangelical churches to the biblical model? What would they need to do different to operate with the biblical model?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Did our society beginning to go downhill when we stopped referring to adults unfamiliar, as Mr. and Mrs. (Miss)? In "No Country For Old Men" sheriff Bell said he thought we lost it, when we stopped using Sir and Ma'am.

The Graphite

What is the most physically difficult thing you have ever done in your life?

What is the most emotionally difficult thing you have ever done in your life?

Chalmer Wren

vnctblzn

suggested topic:

are there differences between 'modern western' christianity and 'ancient eastern' christianity? if so, what are they?

vnctblzn

suggested topic:

are some sins 'non-reformable' and/or 'unforgivable'? if so, what are they? why or why not?

for example, various criminal behaviors.