ECT What 'Gospel' Did Paul Preach at Acts 9?

Jerry Shugart

Show me, where I did, false accuser.

Since you teach that the Jewish believers who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works you deny the Lord Jesus' words in the following verse which was addressed to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

You are somehow able to trick your mind into thinking that the Lord Jesus spoke of "believing" and "works" in that verse. You are unable to understand what He actually said because you remain a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

You are a dead man walking but you do not even know it because you cannot and do not know spiritual things.

john w

Hall of Fame
Since you teach that the Jewish believers who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works you deny the Lord Jesus' words in the following verse which was addressed to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

You are somehow able to trick your mind into thinking that the Lord Jesus spoke of "believing" and "works" in that verse. You are unable to understand what He actually said because you remain a natural man:

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (1 Cor.2:14).​

You are a dead man walking but you do not even know it because you cannot and do not know spiritual things.
=spam.

Show my quotes, you false accuser, where ever asserted "Since you teach that the Jewish believers who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works."

Go ahead, habitual liar, divider of the brethren.

john w

Hall of Fame

Another accusation, you wicked piece of satanic trash, like your assessment that those that don't meet your standards of behaviour, are lost?

You satanic shill.

You are a child of the devil Shugart,a satanic false accuser, of every member of the boc, on TOL, and a habitual liar, as I caught you in another lie,just today, as you asserted that "Jesus" was a man in heaven, before he came to earth.

That is not my original thought because that was said by Sir Robert Anderson, the father of "truthful" systematized Mid Acts Dispensationalism. He certainly didn't deny the Lord Jesus' plain words which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​
So, just to set the record straight-Jer. denies that he said:

"The Lord Jesus was in heaven as Man before He came down to earth and was born of Mary."

Jer asserts that he never said it-he said Anderson did. And stuff "that is not my original thought," as if it was not, why did you say it? Why did you not site Anderson? And Jer asserts that AMR misquoted him.

You lied, to wit:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?74351-Our-triune-God/page246

Post #3677
With that understood it is easy to know that when the Lord used the term "Son of God" He was referring to Himself as God. And when He used the term "Son of Man" He was referring to Himself as Man.

And these words prove that it was as Man that He came down from heaven, proving that He was Man before being born of Mary:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).

And the Lord Jesus says practically the same thing here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).

What He is saying there can only mean one thing, that He was in heaven as Man prior to being born of Mary.

But for some reason you just cannot believe what He said.

Caught.....Watch the squirm, evasion, spin....

Jerry Shugart

"The Lord Jesus was in heaven as Man before He came down to earth and was born of Mary."

I never denied I said that. Once again you say things which are not true about me.

I don't evade like you do but tell me why you don't believe what we read here:

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever"
(Heb.13:8).​

You cannot understand that when the Lord Jesus used the term "Son of Man" that he was referring to his human nature so you cannot understand that He was in heaven as "Man" before He came down to the earth:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven"
(Jn.3:13).​

It was as Man that He came down from heaven. And since you are unable to understand the Savior's words, much less believe them, you will deny what He said here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where He was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Before He came to the earth He was in heaven as the Son of man. That is way above your understanding because you cannot even understand that the Lord Jesus told the Jewish believers who lived under the law that it took faith and only faith to receive their spiritual blessings:

You are somehow able to trick your mind into thinking that He said that those who "believe" and do "works" are given everlasting life. So it becomes clear that you will not believe that He came down to earth from heaven as the "Son of man.

Of course you want to change the subject in the hope that no one will notice that you continue to evade the subject of this thread, what gospel Paul preached at Acts 9.

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
I never denied I said that. Once again you say things which are not true about me.

Yes, you did, as you denied that you said it, when AMR showed your quotes:

That is not my original thought because that was said by Sir Robert Anderson, the father of "truthful" systematized Mid Acts Dispensationalism. He certainly didn't deny the Lord Jesus' plain words which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:
You spun it, lied, as I showed your own quote, where you said it, and made no mention of "Sir" Robert Anderson. You were caught, in a lie, spin.

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​

Jer asserts that he never said it-he said Anderson did. And stuff "that is not my original thought," as if it was not, why did you say it? Why did you not site Anderson? And Jer asserts that AMR misquoted him.

You lied, to wit:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?74351-Our-triune-God/page246

Post #3677
With that understood it is easy to know that when the Lord used the term "Son of God" He was referring to Himself as God. And when He used the term "Son of Man" He was referring to Himself as Man.

And these words prove that it was as Man that He came down from heaven, proving that He was Man before being born of Mary:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).

And the Lord Jesus says practically the same thing here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).

What He is saying there can only mean one thing, that He was in heaven as Man prior to being born of Mary.

But for some reason you just cannot believe what He said.

Caught.....Watch the squirm, evasion, spin....

Jerry Shugart

Just to keep from derailing the OP topic in this thread, Jerry's Mormon affinities are made clear here:

You are derailing the subject of this thread.

What's wrong, does you little Calvinist handbook to the Bible not tell you what gospel Paul preached at Acts 9?

Without your little handbook you are lost because you have never learned to think for yourself.

Jerry Shugart

I don't evade like you do but tell me why you don't believe what we read here:

"Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever"
(Heb.13:8).​

You cannot understand that when the Lord Jesus used the term "Son of Man" that he was referring to his human nature so you cannot understand that He was in heaven as "Man" before He came down to the earth:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven"
(Jn.3:13).​

It was as Man that He came down from heaven. And since you are unable to understand the Savior's words, much less believe them, you will deny what He said here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where He was before?" (Jn.6:62).​

Before He came to the earth He was in heaven as the Son of man. That is way above your understanding because you cannot even understand that the Lord Jesus told the Jewish believers who lived under the law that it took faith and only faith to receive their spiritual blessings:

You are somehow able to trick your mind into thinking that He said that those who "believe" and do "works" are given everlasting life. So it becomes clear that you will not believe that He came down to earth from heaven as the "Son of man.

Of course you want to change the subject in the hope that no one will notice that you continue to evade the subject of this thread, what gospel Paul preached at Acts 9.

musterion

You are derailing the subject of this thread.

What's wrong, does you little Calvinist handbook to the Bible not tell you what gospel Paul preached at Acts 9?

Without your little handbook you are lost because you have never learned to think for yourself.

You reacted to his cogent post exactly as an angry Mormon would, with bile and attack but no substance. Shame on you, but the dog that yelps is the one that got hit.

Jerry Shugart

You reacted to his cogent post exactly as an angry Mormon would, with bile and attack but no substance. Shame on you, but the dog that yelps is the one that got hit.

He was only trying to derail the subject of this thread and he is the one with no substance not me. And it is you who has no substance because you run and hide from my remarks to what you said previously:

Jerry does seem to have a strong streak of Lordship Salvation running through his mind, ...

It is you who says that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved from works, not me. I asked you your interpretation of the meaning of the word " whatsoever" in the following verse:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

Here is your answer:

He spoke those words in the context of the Kingdom. That makes a huge difference. That you don't realize it proves you're not as dispensational as you think -- you equate "saved" under Paul's gospel with "saved" under the covenant program. They're not the same kind of salvation.

Please tell me how the word "saved" as used in the following passage which applies to the Jews is different from the way that it is used under Paul's gospel:

"But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins" (Mt.1:20-21).​

Now back to the verse I quoted to you earlier:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
(Jn.3:16).​

How is that "everlasting" or "eternal" life different from the eternal life of which Paul spoke about and the Apostle John spoke about here to the Jews?:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

But you've already been told that a dozen times. So how about telling us how a member of Christ's very Body -- fully forgiven and justified from all things -- can also need to persevere unto the end to be saved (Matt 24:13), since you evidently believe "saved" always means the same thing.

Do believers today, Jerry, need to persevere unto the end to be saved? Yes or no.

The words you quoted at Matthew 24:13 are speaking about "physical" life, not "eternal life." The Jews who lived under the law enjoyed eternal security just as we do. For instance, I have already shown that the Jewish believers already possessed eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and here is what the Lord Jesus said about those to whom He gives eternal life:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

He also said the following to the Jews who lived under the law:

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out" (Jn.6:37).​

He also said the following to those who lived under the law:

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die"
(Jn.11:25-26).​

All believers enjoy eternal security. But that is way above your head because your head is full of the same nonsense shared by all those in the Neo MAD camp.