ECT What 'Gospel' Did Paul Preach at Acts 9?

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

WizardofOz

I suspect it is more a label based upon works based soteriology in his posts than a direct claim. That said, "Mormon" is more apt based upon the same criteria of post content. For example,

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?74351-Our-triune-God&p=4350641&viewfull=1#post4350641

Just sayin'. ;)

AMR

Thank you kindly. That is what I was looking for. :e4e:

I suspected that if he "admitted" to being a Catholic that there was more than an interpretation of his words and it would be easy to link to him admitting as much.

I appreciate you interjecting.

Jerry Shugart

I suspect it is more a label based upon works based soteriology in his posts than a direct claim.

I am the one saying that the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that their spiritual blessings were a result of faith and faith alone. And I quote this verse to prove that everlasting life was gained by those Jews by believing and nothing else:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

Despite the fact that I have shown john w this verse numerous times he still thinks that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works.

And when I challenged him to give his interpretation of the meaning of the Lord Jesus' words in that verse he refuses.

It john w and not me who speaks of a works based salvation, just like the Catholics do. My teaching directly contradicts the theology of Rome so it is ridiculous that john w would say that I am a Catholic and he knows that I am not a Catholic.

But his day wouldn't be complete if he can't sling mud at those who actually believe the words of the Lord Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am the one saying that the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that their spiritual blessings were a result of faith and faith alone.

Vs.

Of course you don't want to engage in an intelligent discussion on this thread because what is said is way, way above your understanding because you even admit that you are not born again. And you prove it by your silly antics, antics which defy what Paul says about how those who are born again should behave:

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph.4:1-3).

fruitinspection.jpg

Jerry Shugart

My words were talking about how those who are saved should behave. Not that people have to behave in a certain way to be saved.

But all of this is way above your head since you admit that you haven't been born again and you cannot even understand the following words which the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).​

You deny the Lord Jesus' words there because you say that the believing Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works. And you are determined that everyone see the evidence that you really are not born again and that you deny the very words of the Lord Jesus.

Then to make it worse you are proud as punch of yourself because you deny His words.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

How about unpackin' this Mormon "original thought." Jer?:

That is not my original thought because that was said by Sir Robert Anderson, the father of "truthful" systematized Mid Acts Dispensationalism. He certainly didn't deny the Lord Jesus' plain words which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​

When are you going to actually discuss the subject of this thread? You still have not told us what gospel Paul was preaching at Acts 9 so it is evident that you came on this thread for only one reason. That reason is to try to derail this throne in the hope that no one will see the truth which you are so anxious to hide.

john w

Hall of Fame
That is not my original thought because that was said by Sir Robert Anderson, the father of "truthful" systematized Mid Acts Dispensationalism. He certainly didn't deny the Lord Jesus' plain words which He spoke to the Jews who lived under the law:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
(Jn.6:47).​
So, just to set the record straight-Jer. denies that he said:

"The Lord Jesus was in heaven as Man before He came down to earth and was born of Mary."

Jer asserts that he never said it-he said Anderson did. And stuff "that is not my original thought," as if it was not, why did you say it? Why did you not site Anderson? And Jer asserts that AMR misquoted him.

You lied, to wit:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?74351-Our-triune-God/page246

Post #3677
With that understood it is easy to know that when the Lord used the term "Son of God" He was referring to Himself as God. And when He used the term "Son of Man" He was referring to Himself as Man.

And these words prove that it was as Man that He came down from heaven, proving that He was Man before being born of Mary:

"And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven" (Jn.3:13).

And the Lord Jesus says practically the same thing here:

"What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?" (Jn.6:62).

What He is saying there can only mean one thing, that He was in heaven as Man prior to being born of Mary.

But for some reason you just cannot believe what He said.

Caught.....Watch the squirm, evasion, spin....

Last edited:

john w

Hall of Fame
My words were talking about how those who are saved should behave. Not that people have to behave in a certain way to be saved.

No, you lied, and are deceiving people. No, you said, in no uncertain terms, poser, that I am not "born again," which you is assess, is PROVED BY MY SILLY ANTICS, and BEHAVIOUR:

Of course you don't want to engage in an intelligent discussion on this thread because what is said is way, way above your understanding because you even admit that you are not born again. And you prove it by your silly antics, antics which defy what Paul says about how those who are born again should behave:

"I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace" (Eph.4:1-3).

You lied, and are attempting to back track, closet Catholic.

john w

Hall of Fame
Then to make it worse you are proud as punch of yourself because you deny His words.

Show me, where I did, false accuser.

Go ahead.

Jer: Since you/others, disagree with my interpretation of His words, you deny His words!!!!

Jer learned that from his Catholicism-pope/papa Jer.

That is his schtick on TOL-deception.

john w

Hall of Fame
..you admit that you haven't been born again and you cannot even understand the following words which the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law:

Well, I am not Israel, you fraud, thief, and Replacement "theology" proponent Jer, thus I am not "born" again, although I am justified forever, although you grind your teeth, when you hear that, being the closet Catholic/Mormon, that you are.

Check.

Watch him spam his "born again" troll schtick. Watch.

john w

Hall of Fame

When are you going to actually discuss the subject of this thread? You still have not told us what gospel Paul was preaching at Acts 9 so it is evident that you came on this thread for only one reason. That reason is to try to derail this throne in the hope that no one will see the truth which you are so anxious to hide.

When are you going to finally sober up, and understand what I've told you, over and over, "needing attention" drone: I do not engage atheists, communists, and bible correctors/agnostics/mystics, such as yourself, as you can "prove" anything-only bible believers.

Can you dig it, Jer?

Last edited: