ECT Have You Heard? There is Scripture That Proves Two Different Creations!

Shubee

The Bible doesn't have alternate endings of that sort

The source I cited quotes the three prophetic scenarios of Amos 7:1-6 as a respectable precedent and interprets the book of Revelation similarly.

This is what the Sovereign Lord showed me: He was preparing swarms of locusts after the king’s share had been harvested and just as the second crop was coming up. When they had stripped the land clean, I cried out, “Sovereign Lord, Forgive! How can Jacob survive? He is so small!”

So the Lord relented.
“This will not happen,” the Lord said.
This is what the Sovereign Lord showed me:

The Sovereign Lord was calling for judgment by fire; it dried up the great deep and devoured the land. Then I cried out, “Sovereign Lord, I beg you, stop! How can Jacob survive? He is so small!”

So the Lord relented.
“This will not happen either,” the Sovereign Lord said.

This is what He showed me: .... [a third scenario.]

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How is post #37 not a reasonable argument?

You mean this one?

The issue that we're debating here has been compared to two seemingly honest witnesses seeing the same accident but reporting it differently.

Genesis was written by one person, not multiple people.

Maybe you can guess who that was...

If the testimonies of the two eyewitnesses are too similar, then it's reasonable to suspect that the accident was staged and that at least one of the supposed witnesses had been coached in an attempt to defraud the insurance company.

God creating the universe was an accident?

:AMR:

I assert that the dramatic dissimilarity is an evidence of authenticity from two radically different perspectives.

Your assertion has been noted, and discarded.

The first five books of the Bible (barring the last few verses in Deuteronomy) were all written by Moses (who was inspired by God).

Indisputably, the two accounts differ radically on an extraordinarily simple notion -- the meaning of a day.

:rolleyes: :doh:

Here we go again. :deadhorse:

↓↓↓↓:readthis:↓↓↓↓

The meaning of "day" (Hebrew: yom) is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS determined by the context it is used in.

↑↑↑↑:readthis:↑↑↑↑

In the first creation account, six days of consecutive evenings and mornings and what happens on each day is important. The emphasis in the second creation account is how quickly everything got created, and is represented as taking place on a single day.

Or, maybe both chapters are like most history books, first providing an overview of what happened in the first part, and then zooming in on a specific area within that overview in the second...

:think:

Have you never heard of movies with alternative endings? I'm referring to endtime scenarios with alternative endings. Why can't you fathom that?

We know what you're talking about.

But the scriptures do not support it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You complained saying, "I wish you would state your assumptions".

Huh?

I never said that...

So I stated an easily understood axiom. Why don't you do a little reading on this topic?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genesis_creation_narrative

I don't base my beliefs on what wikipedia says about the Bible. I base my beliefs on what the Bible says plainly, and use the Bible to interpret the Bible.

Wikipedia is reliable for only certain things. Biblical history and narratives is not one of those things.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How often must I refer to post #37 as being a reasonable unanswered argument?
Shubee, question for you.

You brought up the meaning of the word "day" in the Bible, but didn't go anywhere with it. Why?

Shubee

Or, maybe both chapters are like most history books, first providing an overview of what happened in the first part, and then zooming in on a specific area within that overview in the second...

If so, then which day in the first creation account matches the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens in Genesis 2:4-5?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Using these two passages...:

Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so.And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself, on the earth”; and it was so.And the earth brought forth grass, the herb that yields seed according to its kind, and the tree that yields fruit, whose seed is in itself according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.So the evening and the morning were the third day. - Genesis 1:9-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis1:9-13&version=NKJV

This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens,before any plant of the field was in the earth and before any herb of the field had grown. For the Lord God had not caused it to rain on the earth, and there was no man to till the ground;but a mist went up from the earth and watered the whole face of the ground.And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. - Genesis 2:4-7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis2:4-7&version=NKJV

... we can see that Day 3 was when God made "grass, the herb that yields seed, and the fruit tree that yields fruit according to its kind, whose seed is in itself," and that Day 6 was when God made "[the] plant of the field and herb of the field."

Now that that's cleared up...

If so, then which day in the first creation account matches the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens in Genesis 2:4-5?

Remember earlier that I said that the meaning of the word "day" is always determined by the context the word is in?

Here is where "day" means something different than a literal, 24-hour period (such as in most of Genesis 1).

"In the day" is referring to an unspecified period of time.

For example, "in the days of our forefathers" (Matthew 23:30) is speaking about a period several decades in length.

In Genesis 2:4, the phrase "in the day that the Lord God made the earth and the heavens" is referring to the entire period described in the previous chapter, the full 6 days of creation and the seventh day of God resting.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Wonderful. Why don't you respond to the compelling differences that mainstream scholarship points out in the two creation accounts in Genesis?
Perhaps you could actually present those arguments, instead of simply just mentioning them...

Shubee

"In the day" is referring to an unspecified period of time.

For example, "in the days of our forefathers" (Matthew 23:30) is speaking about a period several decades in length.

Sorry. That's obviously not an example. "The day" is singular. "In the days of our forefathers" (Matthew 23:30) is indisputably plural.

Rosenritter

The source I cited quotes the three prophetic scenarios of Amos 7:1-6 as a respectable precedent and interprets the book of Revelation similarly.

This is what the Sovereign Lord showed me: He was preparing swarms of locusts after the king’s share had been harvested and just as the second crop was coming up. When they had stripped the land clean, I cried out, “Sovereign Lord, Forgive! How can Jacob survive? He is so small!”

So the Lord relented.
“This will not happen,” the Lord said.
This is what the Sovereign Lord showed me:

The Sovereign Lord was calling for judgment by fire; it dried up the great deep and devoured the land. Then I cried out, “Sovereign Lord, I beg you, stop! How can Jacob survive? He is so small!”

So the Lord relented.
“This will not happen either,” the Sovereign Lord said.

This is what He showed me: .... [a third scenario.]

That's a good example for showing where God presents alternatives... but this was not in dispute, and could also have been found in many other places besides, such as where he promised Israel blessings or cursing, or even when he gave David the choice between three different punishments in response to his numbering of Israel.

The question at hand (as I understood it) was whether Revelation prophesied three different endings (resolution) for the world as a whole that mutually excluded each other. I'm not chasing links, but if you would like to substantiate that statement, it needs substantiation.

Rosenritter

How often must I refer to post #37 as being a reasonable unanswered argument?

That particular post contradicts the current argument that alleges "conflict" and "two different creations" ... which hardly renders it as an "argument." If you have an argument in there you need to post it again, preferably with some boldface so that we can see what part you think is an argument.