Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explain these scriptures that tell us to repent AFTER being saved.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 2:5 Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!

Don't just hear the word and believe it---do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudgeRightly View Post
      Show us where Peter preached Christ's resurrection prior to His crucifixion.

You can't, because he didn't.
      John the FORERUNNER of Jesus said Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY SINS.

John 1:9 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

Matthew 1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins."

John 4:42 They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

There is only one gospel, and it is about Jesus who takes away our sins.

Comment

• Originally posted by God's Truth View Post
        John the FORERUNNER of Jesus said Jesus is the LAMB OF GOD WHO TAKES AWAY SINS.

John 1:9 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

John 1:36 When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"

There is only one gospel, and it is about Jesus who takes away our sins.
        Now show us the resurrection. That's His death, not His resurrection.

Comment

Now show us the resurrection. That's His death, not His resurrection.
          Even Jesus' enemies knew he was going to rise again; it is why they guarded his tomb.

Mark 9:31 because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise."

Matthew 16:21
          From that time on Jesus began to show His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Matthew 27:63
          "Sir," they said, "we remember that while He was alive that deceiver said 'After three days I will rise again.'

Mark 10:34
          who will mock Him and spit on Him and flog Him and kill Him. And after three days He will rise again."

Mark 8:31
          Then He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests, and scribes, and that He must be killed and after three days rise again.

Comment

If it was the same gospel, then why would God need another Apostle to preach it (Paul) alone (the twelve for the most part never left Jerusalem after Paul's conversion)? I mean, you'd think having 12 apostles to preach the same gospel would be enough, and then they don't even do what they're told (go out into the world).
            Well, at Pentecost, all the Jews from every nation came.

It was easy to spread the gospel to many different nations that way.

In Acts 2:5 we see that there were JEWS from EVERY NATION. The Jews are the people God said that He would speak to through men of strange tongues...

Acts 2:5 Now there were staying in Jerusalem God-fearing Jews from every nation under heaven.

Acts 2:6 When they heard this sound, a crowd came together in bewilderment, because each one heard them speaking in his own language.

Just look at the list of places the Jews had come from...

Acts 2:8-Then how is it that each of us hears them in his own native language? 9Parthians, Medes and Elamites; residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya near Cyrene; visitors from Rome 11 (both Jews and converts to Judaism); Cretans and Arabs-we hear them declaring the wonders of God in our own tongues!"

Peter taught to these Jews who became Christians.
            Last edited by God's Truth; October 27th, 2018, 07:28 PM.

Comment

In other words, WHY PAUL?

Also, Galatians 2:7-9 specifically mentions two different gospels.

The gospel of the uncircumcised, given to Paul, and the gospel of the circumcised, given to Peter.
              Same gospel but two different people preaching it.
              Paul preached to the circumcised too, in the beginning; and, he preached the exact same gospel whether or not they were circumcised.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 20:21
              I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyStan View Post
                'But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned(Gal1:8)

Paul and Peter preached the same gospel(Gal 2:6-9).

There is only one gospel!
                Right; there is only one gospel, and, Paul saying for those preaching different gospels should be eternally condemned would be strange if he taught another one. It would make him sound like an insane hypocrite.

Does it sound right if Paul means this: "I am preaching a different gospel than the one Jesus and Peter preach, but, if I preach another one other than my other one, then I should be eternally condemned".

Comment

Right; there is only one gospel, and, Paul saying for those preaching different gospels should be eternally condemned would be strange if he taught another one. It would make him sound like an insane hypocrite.

Does it sound right if Paul means this: "I am preaching a different gospel than the one Jesus and Peter preach, but, if I preach another one other than my other one, then I should be eternally condemned".
                  Your saying Paul preached another gospel?
                  Are you suggesting a different gospel for the Jews and another gospel for Gentiles?
                  Please explain clearly Paul's 'other one'. How does it differ from Jesus and Peter's gospel?

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyStan View Post
                    Your saying Paul preached another gospel?
                    Are you suggesting a different gospel for the Jews and another gospel for Gentiles?
                    Please explain clearly Paul's 'other one'. How does it differ from Jesus and Peter's gospel?
                    I am agreeing with you that there is only one gospel; that Paul preached the same gospel that Jesus preached and the other apostles taught.

Comment

I am agreeing with you that there is only one gospel; that Paul preached the same gospel that Jesus preached and the other apostles taught.
                      You are BOTH wrong, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
                        In my extended absence from TOL, I’ve spent much time considering the futility of conversing with others whose epistemics are corrupted by their wide array of presuppositions and life experiences that have formed their thought processes as well as the ultimate subject matter they have imbibed as alleged objective truth and/or fact.
                        PPS your message box is full.
                        Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

• Originally posted by George Affleck View Post
                          I guess I’ll go clean it out a bit. I haven’t been on TOL in so long, I forgot I even had messages. LOL
                          Ecclesia reformata et semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei
                          “The Church reformed and always reforming, according to the Word of God.”

Comment

Cleared out a few. Should be room now.

Comment

• Originally posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
                              Cleared out a few. Should be room now.
                              Perhaps I have to wait a bit until the system catches up.
                              It's your private box that is apparently full.
                              Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

It is true that Trump does not fit modern Republican principles, but that is because modern Republican principles have strayed far from conservatism. genuineoriginal

Comment

Perhaps I have to wait a bit until the system catches up.
                                It's your private box that is apparently full.
                                I think I figured out the problem. I previously had a higher level membership with more message storage, but didn’t renew that level. So I have an over-maxxed message box that can’t be cleared enough to make room for new messages with the few I’ve kept for various reasons.

Can you do it via Visitor Message?

Comment

Working...
                                X