ECT For everyone that says "I obey Jesus."

musterion

Been saying this for years here but McLean said it very well today.

Here’s a new idea. All of you nice people who claim to be following Jesus need to work together on the world’s biggest Garage Sale. Use the next sixty days to prepare your advertising and to make your signs. Then, when the weather breaks this spring, you folks can hold the biggest Garage Sale ever, including selling the garage.

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Luke 18:22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

What’s your problem? He told you four times.

You say you follow Jesus, as Matthew 19:21 requires, but that same verse requires you to sell that thou hast, but you haven’t.

Your crowd brags on taking up the cross and following Jesus as Mark 10:21 requires, but that same verse requires that you sell whatsoever thou hast and you keep buying more.

You who claim to be following Jesus expect treasure in the heavens per Luke 12:33 but selling everything to you can give it to the poor is not in your plans. What’s up with that?

You say you are following Jesus yet doing what He instructed four times would be a new thing for you, wouldn’t it?

DAN P

So we have the option to follow Jesus commandments or not?

Hi and there is NO OPTIONS as the Law of Moses has been set aside , even during the apostles Paul ministry in 2 Cor 3:15 a covering lies upon their heart and that means any one who TRIES to keep the Law !!

dan p

turbosixx

Hi and there is NO OPTIONS as the Law of Moses has been set aside , even during the apostles Paul ministry in 2 Cor 3:15 a covering lies upon their heart and that means any one who TRIES to keep the Law !!

dan p

I agree the the law of Moses has been set aside so I'm not asking about the law of Moses.

Do we have the option to follow Jesus' commandments or can we ignore them?

musterion

So we have the option to follow Jesus commandments or not?

That's exactly the question YOU need to answer because you're very selective in your obedience. McLean followed it up today for people just like you:

Now follow this closely and learn a new thing about Mark 16.16-18:

"He that believeth and is baptized" is a favorite of the Baptists...

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved" is a favorite of the Apostolics and the Church of Christ...

"and he that believeth not shall be damned" is how the Baptists get around the apparent baptismal regeneration in the verse...

"And these signs shall follow them that believe" is a favorite of the Charismatics...

"In my name shall they cast out devils" is a favorite of Roman Catholic exorcists...

"they shall speak in new tongues" is a favorite of the Pentecostals...

"they shall take up serpents" is a favorite of some phony crooks down south

"and they shall drink any deadly thing" is a favorite of a few dead preachers in Kentucky...

"they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover" is the favorite of the lying faith healers on your TV.

...but not one of them, not the Baptist or the Apostolic or the Church of Christ or the Charismatic or the Roman Catholic or the Pentecostal or the faith healers ... not one of them is able to apply the ENTIRE passage to what they believe. [nor are they interested in trying]

The reason everyone you've ever heard hops around from clause to clause, carefully making excuses for the clauses they skip, is that not a one of them understands that this passage records the Lord Jesus Christ giving instructions to the men of Israel who were about to enter the time of Great Tribulation.

turbosixx

That's exactly the question YOU need to answer because you're very selective in your obedience. McLean followed it up today for people just like you:

I would suggest to you it's not selective but correctly understanding his word. For example, by McLean's reasoning we are commanded to hate our fathers.

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

musterion

I would suggest to you it's not selective but correctly understanding his word. For example, by McLean's reasoning we are commanded to hate our fathers.

Luke 14:26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple.

Reconcile that with Col 3:20-21 before you try to question what someone else teaches.

turbosixx

Reconcile that with Col 3:20-21 before you try to question what someone else teaches.

Did Jesus command us to hate our family members?

DAN P

Did Jesus command us to hate our family members?

Hi and I believe that the Greek word HATE / MISEO and means you have to Love the Lord Jesus more than family , as the the 3 verbs in verse 26 are all in the PRESENT TENSES and places verse 26 under Jesus ministry and all of them under the Law of Moses !!

dan p

turbosixx

No, He didn't. The word "hate" there (miseo) is to "love less".

It could but I don't know of any translation that uses it that way.

miseó: to hate
Original Word: μισέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: miseó
Phonetic Spelling: (mis-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I hate, detest
Definition: I hate, detest, love less, esteem less.

My question is do we have the option to choose not to follow Jesus' commands?

Last edited:

turbosixx

Turbo will never tell us the standard by which he decides which commands of Jesus to obey and which not, even from the same passage, yet like GT he will self-righteously crow, "I obey Jesus."

Is Jesus not your Lord and Savior?
Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?