ECT What is the Gospel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnet

I met a guy on the old BBC christian forum which is now closed down. He'd been brought up in a "Christian Home" and with youthful zeal has accepted everything he was taught. He went Bible College and worked as an evangelist and then a pastor. Then something happened in his life that caused him to pause and equate the circumstance in view of all he had professed and lived by. His conclusion was that Elohim did not exist, because if He did, He could never have allowed...whatever, to occur.

He dedicated his time to trying to convince people like me that what I trusted in was futile. He even opened a website dedicated to his new found zeal.

I sense the same deceptive spirit at work in you. He was far more honest than you, but he would never admit to what had happened...

Interesting but best to stick to the op.

Sonnet

You are the OP and this is about you.

Do Calvinists aver that Christ did not die for all men? If you say they do so and accept that they are Christians then where does that leave Paul's preaching of, 'Christ died for our sins,' to the unconverted?

Reactions: Lon

Truster

Do Calvinists aver that Christ did not die for all men? If you say they do so and accept that they are Christians then where does that leave Paul's preaching of, 'Christ died for our sins,' to the unconverted?

If you were ever converted I would answer each and every question you could possibly ask, but without the Holy Spirit dwelling in you it would be a futile gesture on my part.

So what happened to expose your hypocrisy, because you were never converted, you were never granted trust nor repentance, you believed a lie.

Sonnet

If you were ever converted I would answer each and every question you could possibly ask, but without the Holy Spirit dwelling in you it would be a futile gesture on my part.

So what happened to expose your hypocrisy, because you were never converted, you were never granted trust nor repentance, you believed a lie.

I have asked you simple questions but you won't answer them. In contrast, Danoh has no problem preaching the gospel as he sees it (end of #74)

I'll leave off debating with you..

Truster

I have asked you simple questions but you won't answer them. In contrast, Danoh has no problem preaching the gospel as he sees it (end of #74)

I'll leave off debating with you..

Danoh only repeats what he has read or heard and has no experience of salvation.

I have not been debating with you or anyone else. I provide the truth. Truth is not to be debated, but accepted or refused. You refuse to accept the truth because you have been judicially blinded. Your pride allows you to think that you are making some sort of a stand, but that is far from the truth of the matter.

So, what happened that exposed your hypocrisy to yourself?

Truster

PS on reflection you have only ever repeated what you heard or read and had no experience of salvation. When the time came and you saw your foolishness you just walked away.

Truster

Were you let down? You know, disappointed? Discontented with your lot? Did the idol you'd concocted in the imagination of your mind refuse you something that you needed to make you happy?

Truster

Have you committed a sin that is so vile you feel it would be better to deny the existence of the Judge than to live in fear of judgement?

Truster

Have you committed a sin that is so vile you feel it would be better to deny the existence of the Judge than to live in fear of judgement?

This is a difficult situation. Many people think that judgement only happens at the very end of time. When in fact judgement is being passed down as regular as rain. It is always falling somewhere on earth.

Sonnet

It is evident that there is not a consensus regarding the Gospel. The point to the thread is really to ask if it wise to allow such division?

Mark 3:25
If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand.

Reactions: Lon

Truster

It is evident that there is not a consensus regarding the Gospel. The point to the thread is really to ask if it wise to allow such division?

The consensus is that those who have experienced the life giving power of the evangelism will openly confess they did nothing to have Messiah revealed in them. All of grace...

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

It is impossible for one who has not inspected the house on the inside, and that without proper credentials, to come to any conclusion as to it's integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.