ECT Why two towers = failure preterism fails.

Danoh

The "big picture" is that in 70AD the wrath of God came upon the unbelieving Jews who killed Christ, the temple, and Jerusalem.

You can't have that because of your ridiculous "prophetic clock" theory, which didn't exist before Darby, and is needed to support Darby's false teachings that you subscribe to.

Note how the fool puts the cart before the horse.

Fact of the matter?

Israel's promises are unconditional.

Had such not been the case; He would have destroyed them back when He first gave them their Law.

Instead, He was faithful to His UNCONDITIONAL promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob regarding; and did NOT destroy back then and start over with Moses.

What you expert amateurs ever fail to understand is that His wrath towards that nation, is ALWAYS followed by His mercy unto them.

"For this" you incompetents "is my covenant unto them...For I am the LORD, I change not (as to my promises) ye sons OF JACOB shall NOT be destroyed...Jesus Christ; the same, yesterday, forever" as to said UNCONDITIONAL Covenant as two those three and THEIR MULTIPLIED "seed IN ISAAC" is what His "change NOT" is an EVERLASTING reference to.

Clement missed it; Alcazar missed it; Russell missed it; Holford missed it - all were as clueless about it as all Preterists continue to be.

musterion

Once again, you will not say if Luke 21:5-6 was fulfilled in 70AD.

You know you can't.

Because it's already been explained to you, long before I got here.

You are a fool and a troll because you KNOW Jerusalem is STILL trampled by Gentiles but Christ has STILL not yet appeared to them in a cloud in great glory. IT HAS NOT HAPPENED YET. Yet you persist as if it has all happened. You could not be more stupid -- literally, "void of thought" -- than you are.

And here, I'll save you a post: the trampling by Gentiles happened in 70 and the cloud of great glory was spiritual/figure of speech/wasn't earthly/was the Roman army/was invisible/happened in heaven only.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Israel's promises are unconditional.

Had such not been the case; He would have destroyed them back when He first gave them their Law.

Instead, He was faithful to His UNCONDITIONAL promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob regarding; and did NOT destroy back then and start over with Moses.

Abraham wasn't a Jew or an Israelite.

Isaac wasn't a Jew or an Israelite.

This is one of the reasons you are so confused.
What you expert amateurs ever fail to understand is that His wrath towards that nation, is ALWAYS followed by His mercy unto them.

Wrong again.

70AD marked the end of the ages, the end of the world, the end of the old heavens and old earth, the end of the old covenant, the end of the law and prophets, etc.

"For this" you incompetents "is my covenant unto them...For I am the LORD, I change not (as to my promises) ye sons OF JACOB shall NOT be destroyed...Jesus Christ; the same, yesterday, forever" as to said UNCONDITIONAL Covenant as two those three and THEIR MULTIPLIED "seed IN ISAAC" is what His "change NOT" is an EVERLASTING reference to.

All fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because it's already been explained to you, long before I got here.

Claiming some stones still stood does not answer the Luke 21:5-6 question.

Like I predicted, you did not answer the question.

You are a fool and a troll because you KNOW Jerusalem is STILL trampled by Gentiles

Wrong again.

It was trampled by the Gentiles from 66AD - 70AD. Then the temple was destroyed for good, forever. There isn't ever going to be another temple there.
but Christ has STILL not yet appeared to them in a cloud in great glory.

Wrong again.

He did so in 70AD.
IT HAS NOT HAPPENED YET.

If not, then all those verses by Jesus, Peter, Paul, and John that said He was coming soon, are all lies.

Yet you persist as if it has all happened.

It happened exactly the way the Bible said it would happen, and when it would happen. The generation of Jesus' contemporaries had not all passed away before all was fulfilled.
You could not be more stupid -- literally, "void of thought" -- than you are.

It only appears that way to you because you have been brainwashed by Darby's false teachings.

If you would quit being a follower of Darby, and quit trying to make the Bible fit Darby's false teachings, you would be able to believe what the Bible says.

Interplanner

Claiming some stones still stood does not answer the Luke 21:5-6 question.

Like I predicted, you did not answer the question.

Wrong again.

It was trampled by the Gentiles from 66AD - 70AD. Then the temple was destroyed for good, forever. There isn't ever going to be another temple there.

Wrong again.

He did so in 70AD.

If not, then all those verses by Jesus, Peter, Paul, and John that said He was coming soon, are all lies.

It happened exactly the way the Bible said it would happen, and when it would happen. The generation of Jesus' contemporaries had not all passed away before all was fulfilled.

It only appears that way to you because you have been brainwashed by Darby's false teachings.

If you would quit being a follower of Darby, and quit trying to make the Bible fit Darby's false teachings, you would be able to believe what the Bible says.

re the cloud:
Even if it weren't an event in connection with the end of Jerusalem, there is still the letter to Hebrews, saying 'we have (this great cloud) of witnesses' etc as a guide.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus also said this ....

John 8:37 KJV
(37) I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

And Jesus also said through Paul ....

Romans 11:28 KJV
(28) As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.​

Speaking of whole nation of Israel of the time, including both unbelievers and believers--

(28) As concerning the gospel, they (the unbelievers)are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they (the believers) are beloved for the fathers' sakes

This is born out by the verses at the beginning of the chapter--

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Madists would have it that Paul was an anti-semite too.

LA

Interplanner

Speaking of whole nation of Israel of the time, including both unbelievers and believers--

(28) As concerning the gospel, they (the unbelievers)are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they (the believers) are beloved for the fathers' sakes

This is born out by the verses at the beginning of the chapter--

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Madists would have it that Paul was an anti-semite too.

LA

Anti-semite? No, I don't think any of them do that. They are much more often found doing a blanket approval of Israel, but not always.