ECT Why preterism can never be taken seriously by Bible believers

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And in any such conflict, one of two things happens. The contradiction is denied/ignored, or it's carefully examined and resolved. Tet will do the former while claiming it's we disps who have failed to do the latter.

Watch...

There is no contradiction, it only appears that way to you because you are spiritually blind because you have been brainwashed by the false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

Darby followers such as yourself are unable to understand that which was fulfilled in Christ Jesus.

Example:

The prophecy:

(Zech 14:8) On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half of it east to the Dead Sea and half of it west to the Mediterranean Sea, in summer and in winter.

The fulfillment:

(John 7:38) Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them."

Because the false teachings of John Nelson Darby have brainwashed you, and spiritually blinded you, you are unable to understand that "living water" refers to the Holy Spirit.

Instead, Darby's false teaching have brainwashed you into believing that one day in the future, there's going to be literal waters (rivers) flowing out of Jerusalem.

Interplanner

There is no rejecting of Jews--not all Jews died in the event, nor were they even there, but the movement there was the antithesis of the mission of God in the Gospel which God wanted the Jews to help in. They 'became their own worst enemy'; 'painted themselves into a corner.' There is simply rejection of unbelief. Those who stay in unbelief do not enjoy any of the fulfilled promises of the Spirit, of forgiveness, of fellowship, of membership in the worldwide community of believers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Anything that doesn't match was "conditional" or "fulfilled in Christ Jesus".

Nope.

The judgement upon the Jews who rejected Christ Jesus was literal.

The prophecies about the kingdom were fulfilled spiritually because it's a spiritual kingdom.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The MAD wackos on this site are just as disturbed by the predictions as you are.

That's not true.

I have shown "MAD wackos" who claim 1948 is relevant to Biblical prophecy.

Whitestone just a few days ago said 1948 was significant to Biblical prophecy.

Also, few months ago, when certain events were taking place in Syria, mysteryboy said "everything is all coming together".

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In this case, dispensationalism can be traced back to Darby as being the champion of this new systematic theology. Just because you were never taught about him doesn't mean you do not follow his systematic theology.

Yep.

Notice how all the Darby followers on this site live in denial.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Except for that whole 'not one stone left upon another' thing. That was just His nonliteralistic alleygoreicall figger of speechifying, to be spurtially applicated by those in His Kingdom Now.

No matter how hard you try to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, scripture will always prove you wrong.

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

Luke 19:44 is a statement made directly to the Jews who rejected Christ Jesus, not some people 2,000 years (and still counting) later.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Your "logic" suffers from the oft illogic of anyone often opposed to a thing due to where they are looking at it from to begin with.

The fact of the matter is that concluding the soundness of a thing based on how old or how new it is, is a sloppy way to approach a thing.

"This new fangled 'telephone' as you call it, will never work; who wants to speak into a black box" - Western Union turning down Alexander Graham Bell.

"Not interested - we seriously doubt there is a world market for even five of those 'personal computers" IBM turning down Steve Jobs and his Apple Computer.

I could list hundreds of turn downs like that.

THIS IS WHY I haven't any patience for the likes of you and your kind.

God only knows how many new developments have never seen the light of day due to your exact kind of half-baked "wisdom."

You actually post that under the light in your home that was once some new development in progress and was therefore unacceptable?

On a computer? On a smartphone once some fool's illogical pipe dream.

Mark 1:27 And they were all amazed, insomuch that they questioned among themselves, saying, What thing is this? what new doctrine is this? for with authority commandeth he even the unclean spirits, and they do obey him.

John 18:19 The high priest then asked Jesus of his disciples, and of his doctrine.

Acts 5:28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

Acts 17:19 And they took him, and brought him unto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

"You oughta go back tuh drivin a truck, son; you have no future in this business" - a Nashville Music producer turning down a young man named Elvis Aaron Presley.

No "His" servant, keep your illogic.

This may be the DUMBEST POST of the year.

Danoh

This may be the DUMBEST POST of the year.

You only think that is the dumbest post you have posted.

Fact is; all your posts are dumb.

Worse; you have gone from years of posting Joseph as evidence not one stone was left standing, to not only denying it after I proved you wrong, but you now just cite the verse in an attempt to back up your back pedaling.

You are lower than low; you have no integrity.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Worse; you have gone from years of posting Joseph as evidence not one stone was left standing, to not only denying it after I proved you wrong, but you now just cite the verse in an attempt to back up your back pedaling.

Josephus proves you wrong, not me.

(Luke 19:44) They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you.

Each time "you" in the above verse is used, it refers the to Jews who rejected Christ Jesus.

It was the Jews who rejected Christ Jesus who were dashed to the ground, along with their children within the walls of Jerusalem in 70AD.

No matter how hard you try to defend the false teachings of John Nelson Darby, scripture always proves you wrong.

HisServant

When you have lost the argument... Smear the poster... Typical troll behavior.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good post

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There you go again with your half-baked cake of a logic taken out of the oven of your reasoning before you have actually checked and double-checked things.

I am Cessasionist in my view of such things.

Meaning, I hold there has been no inspired revelation this side of the "that which is perfect."

That the traditions of men refused to heed the warning of Romans 11:25 is why such things ended up, and remained hidden to so many.

Why you are blind to it, as well.

Yours is the school of "what makes sense to me."

Which you then post on devices of technology once considered beyond the realm of possibility, even by so great a towering giant of a genius like few as Tom Watson; the founder of IBM.

If you actually had any sense, you'd reread my above post and ask 'what's he getting at?'

Instead, you read it, and respond from the same old parroted reasoning of your "mentors" once more.

HisServant is an arrogant know-nothing who believes he knows everything.

HisServant

debunker-insults-meme.png

Danoh

Hissss Servant - your kind cannot but continually prove what makes you your kind - arguments considered from one side of what is often more than one.

Fact is that the words on your above fool sign are only a half truth.

For harsh words are often the last resort of one impatient with a moron.

In your kind's case - books based morons.

Wick Stick

Guess you didn't like my theology. You went straight for the 'prove it' questions. I don't mind answering, though:
What is the Gospel of our salvation? What must we do to be saved?

The gospel is that God is reconciling man to Himself, by means of His incarnation, life, word, example, death, resurrection, in the person of Jesus Christ, and by his uniting all believers unto Himself, in the same person.

Believe unto the Lord Jesus Christ, and you shall be saved.

Wick Stick

Everything else is optional, then.
Not really. If you hadn't skipped over the first sentence, you might see how that works. I will repeat myself:

I believe that the (in-or-out-of-context) application of Scripture to our lives, as it is inspired in real-time, is the proper use of the Bible.

Most of Christendom has reduced 'inspiration' to a convenient by-word for infallibility. I have retained the sense of inspiration of Scripture being an ongoing communication from God to man. To concretize that with an example... It matters little whether God originally dictated to Moses the correct number of steps to build into the bronze altar, but when God speaks that verse into my current situation in a relevant way, it means everything.

I am less interested in what God said to Moses/Ezra/Matthew/etc, than what He is saying to me. I will obey what He tells me, without trying to appropriate what He has said to everyone else for myself. Everything is not written to everybody.

john w

Hall of Fame
Yep.

Notice how all the Darby followers on this site live in denial.

Please repeat that, Craigie? Please.

Now, as STP pointed out...

"Zechariah 14 KJV
1 Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.

2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:

7 But it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.

8 And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.

9 And the Lord shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one.

10 All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses.

11 And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.

12 And this shall be the plague wherewith the Lord will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

13 And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.

14 And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.

15 And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ***, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

18 And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the Lord will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.

20 In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, Holiness Unto The Lord; and the pots in the Lord's house shall be like the bowls before the altar.

21 Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the Lord of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the Lord of hosts. "-Mayor STP

When, and how, was this fulfilled-specific details, punkie boy.