Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECT: WHY I AM CATHOLIC

Questions or Comments?
    "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

What does it have to do with being Catholic?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
      What does it have to do with being Catholic?
      The various themes mentioned in the meme represent some of the reasons I was compelled to enter Christ's one historic Catholic Church fifteen years ago. I thought they might prompt some discussion on the forum. If not, that's fine, too.
      "The very tradition, teaching, & faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning was preached by the Apostles & preserved by the Fathers. On this the Church was founded..." ~ St. Athanasius (4th cent.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cruciform View Post
        The various themes mentioned in the meme represent some of the reasons I was compelled to enter Christ's one historic Catholic Church fifteen years ago. I thought they might prompt some discussion on the forum. If not, that's fine, too.
        Aren't some of those themes prevalent in Protestant churches?
        He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

Comment

Questions or Comments?

You're catholic because you have trouble understanding Paul's epistles

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Raven View Post
            Aren't some of those themes prevalent in Protestant churches?
            Sure, some of them, though maybe not in quite the same way. We do agree on some things for sure, thank the Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
              You're catholic because you have trouble understanding Paul's epistles
              I would say that you're NOT Catholic because you have trouble understanding the Scriptures in general, and the historic Christian faith in particular.

Comment

Because you have preferred a lie to the truth.

Because you seek satisfaction of doing something to attain righteousness to being something....Catholicism with it,s sacraments is something that can be achieved without any inner change taking place

You believe men rather than God

You need something to set your eyes upon to worship which is the essence of idolatry

You wish to abdicate responsibility to somebody else
                One lavished upon in the Beloved
                sigpic

Comment

You found it impossible to simply trust your soul to God who is invisible but on the basis of His word alone
                  One lavished upon in the Beloved
                  sigpic

Comment

WHY I AM CATHOLIC
                    Good for you, there's nothing wrong with you being Catholic.

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                      Because you have preferred a lie to the truth.
                      Because I prefer the infallible truth taught by Christ's one historic Church to the countless lies of the Protestant rebellion.

Because you seek satisfaction of doing something to attain righteousness to being something...
                      Swing and a miss---strike one! (Straw Man Fallacy.)

...Catholicism with it,s sacraments is something that can be achieved without any inner change taking place.
                      BIG swing---strike two! (Straw Man Fallacy.)

You believe men rather than God
                      WHIFF!---strike three! You're out! (Actually, I believe God rather than YOU. Big difference there.)

Comment

Originally posted by Totton Linnet View Post
                        You found it impossible to simply trust your soul to God who is invisible but on the basis of His word alone
                        Already answered (Post #11).

Comment

[FONT=Georgia]Because I prefer the infallible truth taught by Christ's one historic Church to the countless lies of the Protestant rebellion.
                          No one is infallible.

Comment

Questions or Comments?
                            Because you have limited mental capacity and are not indwelt by the Holy Spirit.... so you turned to the great satan for your salvation.

I guess the funniest part of that picture, is that each image is a figment of someones vivid imagination... much like all of your doctrine and traditions. Not attention to facts and detail whatsoever.

Who knew Mary was a European? Who knew Jesus was Greek? (his name was Yashua actually, why did the RCC change his name?).

Why were the sacraments and transubstantiation of Mithraism incorporated into Christianity?
                            Last edited by HisServant; April 25th, 2016, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonnet View Post
                              No one is infallible.
                              First, I said that the teachings of Christ's Church are infallible. However, it is also the case that the ordained leadership (that is, body of bishops) of Christ's Church teaches infallibly when it does so in an official capacity. The writers of the biblical documents, for example, were infallible in their New Testament teaching. So there are certain contexts in which human beings have been---and may indeed be---infallible.
                              Last edited by Cruciform; April 25th, 2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X