ECT JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF FOUNDED THE CATHOLIC CHURCH

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus Christ himself founded the Universal Catholic Church

Just the opposite is true, Christ brought his people out of Egypt with its sun god worship.

Easter? Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week in accordance with the Torah.

turbosixx

Jesus Christ himself founded the Universal Catholic Church

Do you believe Jesus is happy that his resurrection is celebrated with pagan symbols of fertility?

He told us how to remember him.
1 Cor. 11:23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 25 In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

Cruciform

I’m just suggesting to you that the inspired writers always use Petros when referring to Peter, never petras.
That was explained in my previous post (#27), which observed that petras---being a feminine noun---could not properly be applied to a man; thus petros (a masculine noun) had to be used.

There is supporting scripture referring to Christ as the rock, but there is zero supporting scripture that Peter is a rock. If you have one, I would be glad to read it.
Message me and I'll provide you with the relevant information.

Last edited:

Cruciform

Yes, Mormonism is a group that seeks to divide that which cannot be divided. The Catholics are the same. They go by a name other than the one who bought them and they have writtings in addition to writtings we know to be inspired.
You're missing the point. You support the teachings of your chosen non-Catholic sect by claiming that it was "founded at Christ's DBR and first proclaimed at Pentecost." Yet, Mormons make exactly the same claim. Why, then, is the Mormon church not Christ's one historic Church? :think:

You are correct, there is only one church.
Yes---one historic, hierarchically-structured, physically-identifiable Church.

I know enough. I married a Catholic girl. She was like 99% of the Catholics I’ve met, didn't go to "mass" and didn't know God's word but knew the teachings of the "church" which are not found in the bible. Her mother also had graven images of Jesus on the cross. I also went to “mass” with them a few times and having been a member of Christ’s church since I was 13, I can without a doubt say the “Catholic” church is not Christ’s church.
Thank you for merely proving my point.

Cruciform

Can you prove my "sect" is man made?
Sure. Just indicate the name of the denomination/sect/"church" that you attend or are affiliated with.

You follow men and not Jesus.
No more than you do, friend, since you also follow the teachings of the apostles, who are all men.

Jesus said preach the gospel and baptize those who believe...Does your group baptize believers like Jesus said?
Of course.

Cruciform

Just the opposite is true, Christ brought his people out of Egypt with its sun god worship. Easter? Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week in accordance with the Torah.
The completely non-authoritative opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect are noted---and dismissed on that very basis. :yawn:

turbosixx

Sure. Just indicate the name of the denomination/sect/"church" that you attend or are affiliated with.

Church of Christ

No more than you do, friend, since you also follow the teachings of the apostles, who are all men.

I'm not talking about the apostles, I'm talking about men other than the apostles. We are supposted to follow the teachings of the apostles because they got it from Christ.

I Thes. 4:1 Finally then, brethren, we request and exhort you in the Lord Jesus, that as you received from us instruction as to how you ought to walk and please God (just as you actually do walk), that you excel still more. 2 For you know what commandments we gave you by the authority of the Lord Jesus.

We're built on them.
Eph. 2:... and are of God's household, 20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus Himself being the corner stone,

Of course

Please elaborate. Catholics baptize infants who are incapable of believing.

Cruciform

Church of Christ
Thank you for your honesty. You asked me how I know that your particular sect is "man-made," and it's simply this. The Church of Christ's own website traces its origin back only to 1830. Likewise, according to another source:
"If you are a Disciple of Christ or Church of Christ, you are an offshoot of Presbyterianism led by Alexander Campbell and his father, Thomas Campbell in 1812, who wanted to accept only the New Testament teachings."

http://www.churchofgod-7thday.org/Publications/Tracts/How_Old_is_Your_Church.pdf

Only the Catholic Church is able to trace its presence in history all the way back to the apostles and Jesus Christ. All other professed "churches," denominations, or sects---including yours---were established by mere men sometime during the past five centuries. This is simply a fact of history.

I'm not talking about the apostles, I'm talking about men other than the apostles. We are supposted to follow the teachings of the apostles because they got it from Christ.
Agreed. And Catholics recognize the bishops of the Catholic Church as the historical successors of the apostles, who have indeed gotten the divine teachings from Christ himself.

Please elaborate. Catholics baptize infants who are incapable of believing.
In brief, Catholics baptize infants for the very same reason that infants were circumcised as the sign of the Old Covenant, namely, because baptism is the sign of the New Covenant (Col. 2:11-12). In both cases, the infant was unable to exercise personal faith (that would come later), but the faith of the parents and spiritual community stood in for the child's own faith until he was old enough to make a personal commitment to Christ. The early Christians referred to Baptism as "the sacrament of initiation" into the New Covenant community, and we continue to view it as such today.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Do you believe Jesus is happy that his resurrection is celebrated with pagan symbols of fertility?

He told us how to remember him.
1 Cor. 11:23 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; 24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me." 25 In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
Off topic

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Denominations add traditions. Lots of 'em. RCC is one of 'em. Lots of different Catholic denominations. Some don't have pope's. Even females leads them.

HisServant

Jesus had absolutely nothing to do with Roman Catholicism... and history shows that if he would return today, he would speak out very much against its falsehoods and hypocrisy.

Cruciform

Jesus had absolutely nothing to do with Roman Catholicism... and history shows that if he would return today, he would speak out very much against its falsehoods and hypocrisy.
Here HS mindlessly parrots the anti-Catholic opinions of his particular recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect. Noted, and dismissed. :yawn:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Universal church (Catholic church) rebelled against the Lord's church (The Jerusalem church) because they had to have their idols in the church.