ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Here is the original OP.

May God's will be done .

Last edited:

Cross Reference

July 12th

The spiritual society

"Till we all come … unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ" Eph. 4:13.

Rehabilitation means the putting back of the whole human race into the relationship God designed it to be in, and this is what Jesus Christ did in Redemption. The Church ceases to be a spiritual society when it is on the look-out for the development of its own organization. The rehabilitation of the human race on Jesus Christ’s plan means the realization of Jesus Christ in corporate life as well as in individual life. Jesus Christ sent apostles and teachers for this purpose—that the corporate Personality might be realized. We are not here to develop a spiritual life of our own, or to enjoy spiritual retirement; we are here so to realize Jesus Christ that the Body of Christ may be built up.

Am I building up the Body of Christ, or am I looking for my own personal development only? The essential thing is my personal relationship to Jesus Christ—“That I may know Him. “To fulfil God’s design means entire abandonment to him. Whenever I want things for myself, the relationship is distorted. It will be a big humiliation to realize that I have not been concerned about realizing Jesus Christ, but only about realizing what He has done for me.

‘My goal is God Himself, not joy nor peace,
Nor even blessing, but Himself, my God.’

Am I measuring my life by this standard or by anything less?

Oswald Chambers

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

This thread is presented by a willing servant of the Lord Jesus Christ. Fueled by the Love for His called out ones , those being cross reference , all the members of this site , any any others who may be drawn to this message.

A faither .

Cross Reference

You wrote:

The bible is correct , we are justified by Faith . But the application of that Faith is the verb pisteuo . so if i were to just put the correct definition of pisteuo in that sentence it would read like this . "We are justified by the surrendering of our lives to Him , and living a life inspired by such surrender ." You want precise definitions , this is as precise as you can get imo.

So why not accept the fact that every born again from above lives his life by the DNA of God Himself. Why do I limit it to the born again from above is because that relationship with God brings with it the hunger to know Him. Ergo, there is no need to emphasize, or over emphasise the two words you harp on that can only bring into question the sincerity of one's walking by faith as he understands it given the English definition in from the KJV of the word "believe"? Why not emphasise the need for the new birth that is the only venue for intimacy with God??

Faither

BANNED
Banned
You wrote:

So why not accept the fact that every born again from above lives his life by the DNA of God Himself. Why do I limit it to the born again from above is because that relationship with God brings with it the hunger to know Him. Ergo, there is no need to emphasize, or over emphasise the two words you harp on that can only bring into question the sincerity of one's walking by faith as he understands it given the English definition in from the KJV of the word "believe"? Why not emphasise the need for the new birth that is the only venue for intimacy with God??

This thread describes in detail how the Salvation journey " BEGINS " ! ! ! How faithing into Christ '" STARTS " !!!

You are asking me to accept a fact we aren't even discussing here , which is a maintained , or mature Faithing in Christ. Why would I discuss that when there's no agreement on how Faith and faithing start , without His Spirit ?

Cross Reference

This thread describes in detail how the Salvation journey " BEGINS " ! ! ! How faithing into Christ '" STARTS " !!!

You are asking me to accept a fact we aren't even discussing here , which is a maintained , or mature Faithing in Christ. Why would I discuss that when there's no agreement on how Faith and faithing start , without His Spirit ?

No, I am asking you to acknowledge what I wrote to be the truth and the beginning of a new born life purposed to be lived by the faith the Son of God. That's all. Simple. Should be easy for you if you are in Christ. Of course if you aren't, well, that is another story. :)

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christian, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

The start of the Salvation process , bumped.

MennoSota

The start of the Salvation process , bumped.
It is a gift given by God to the elect. We cannot manufacturer it ourselves.
The adoption is by God. The election is by God. The salvation is by God. The justification is by God. The sanctification is by God. The faith is by God. None of what happens is by our works. No credit to us and no boasting by us.

RealityJerk

Great post, thank you.

RealityJerk

The adoption is by God. The election is by God. The salvation is by God. The justification is by God. The sanctification is by God. The faith is by God. None of what happens is by our works. No credit to us and no boasting by us.

Does God's election have a reason, and if it does, who's to say that the reason does not involve the will he created for us? The will, that he willed us to have? He grants us the freedom to respond to Him, when he calls us, draws our attention to His Son, but to assume that we are held captive by an arbitrary or predestined process that forces us into a "relationship" with God, to devote ourselves to Him, is unfounded, both biblically and morally.

Only an ignorant fool would boast and take credit for their salvation, justification or sanctification. Our existence begins and ends with unmerited favor/grace. Existence is a prerequisite for works, for all that we are and do. No existence, no works, hence who is arrogantly boasting? An ignorant fool. If God wills us to have a will and possess the capacity to respond positively to His Spirit, then that's His prerogative.

MennoSota

Does God's election have a reason, and if it does, who's to say that the reason does not involve the will he created for us? The will, that he willed us to have? He grants us the freedom to respond to Him, when he calls us, draws our attention to His Son,
That is God's providential election.
but to assume that we are held captive by an arbitrary or predestined process that forces us into a "relationship" with God, to devote ourselves to Him, is unfounded, both biblically and morally.
There is no assumption. God tells us point blank that he chooses, elects and predestines. (Romans 8 and 9 as well as Ephesians 1 and 2)
If God did not choose to intervene, all humanity would, without question, remain in rebellion and go to hell. (Romans 3).
So, it is founded on scripture, both biblically and morally. Read your Bible.
Only an ignorant fool would boast and take credit for their salvation, justification or sanctification.
Agreed. Our salvation, justification and sanctification is by God's gracious choice, not by our choice or our merit.
Our existence begins and ends with unmerited favor/grace.
This depends upon God's elective choice. Read Romans 9. God is not obligated to be gracious to lawbreakers. Our existence begins with corruption which may justly end in corruption or graciously end in reconciliation with God. This is God's choice, not ours. The Bible says that "no one seeks God, not even one."
Existence is a prerequisite for works, for all that we are and do. No existence, no works, hence who is arrogantly boasting? An ignorant fool.
If we do not exist, we cannot do anything, this is correct. A dead person cannot boast. The Bible tells us that we are "dead in our trespasses and sins." We have nothing to boast about regarding our redemption. It is all God's gracious action to make us alive in Christ.
If God wills us to have a will and possess the capacity to respond positively to His Spirit, then that's His prerogative.
Yes, therefore we do not have free-will. It's God's choice. We respond as God has ordained.

RealityJerk

That is God's providential election.

There is no assumption. God tells us point blank that he chooses, elects and predestines. (Romans 8 and 9 as well as Ephesians 1 and 2)
If God did not choose to intervene, all humanity would, without question, remain in rebellion and go to hell. (Romans 3).
So, it is founded on scripture, both biblically and morally. Read your Bible.

Agreed. Our salvation, justification and sanctification is by God's gracious choice, not by our choice or our merit.

This depends upon God's elective choice. Read Romans 9. God is not obligated to be gracious to lawbreakers. Our existence begins with corruption which may justly end in corruption or graciously end in reconciliation with God. This is God's choice, not ours. The Bible says that "no one seeks God, not even one."

If we do not exist, we cannot do anything, this is correct. A dead person cannot boast. The Bible tells us that we are "dead in our trespasses and sins." We have nothing to boast about regarding our redemption. It is all God's gracious action to make us alive in Christ.

Yes, therefore we do not have free-will. It's God's choice. We respond as God has ordained.

God is just as obligated to be gracious as we are. He expects us to forgive our enemies, but somehow your version of God is strictly legalistic when it comes to his enemies? No mercy or grace, just pure legalism? Seems ironic, that we are expected to be more gracious than God, within your theological paradigm. You cite one part of your bible, at the expense of the other. The bible is full of references to man's will, it assumes we have one and we're expected to choose what is right, as opposed to what isn't. Your theology may be biblical, depending on what part of your bible you choose to focus on. That's the problem with basing your walk with Christ, solely on a book, rather than an actual interaction with His Holy Spirit. A real encounter with the Living God.

Based on my understanding of what I have received, all of humanity was consigned to disease and death as a result of the first Adam's failure. Man's choice to align itself with God's will and to strive for righteousness, being as good as humanly possible, within the context of a holy nation/consecrated community/nation of priests/Israel, allowed the second Adam to incarnate. Without that nation of priests, there would've been no incarnation, due to the demonic nature of this fallen creation. God through the agency of His holy angels made sure there would be a community of people repulsed by idolatry and sacrificing their children to demons/idols. By the first century the Israelites had gone through enough trials and tribulations as a result of idolatry, to completely abhor it. The Jews of the first century were the cream of the crop, as far as their dedication to Abrahamic monotheism and rejecting idolatry. The perfect environment for the second Adam to be born.

Did you have to have faith in the first Adam to be forced into corruption? All of mankind was subject to corruption, regardless of their knowledge or lack of it, in respect to Adam's failure. By one man's failure, the world was essentially cursed, and by another man's success in keeping God's law perfectly, you and I, and every other human being on this planet will one day rise from the dead and receive judgement. If it wasn't for Christ, you and I, regardless of how "good" we might be, would die and perish. So, in the end, it's Christ that is the resurrection and the life, the one who raises the dead, and gives mankind another opportunity to live, without the burden of a fallen nature. Every man and woman, regardless of their location or creed, will one day rise from the dead, some to everlasting life, others to everlasting disgrace, (the second death).

The elect of this age/aeon, are the first fruits of salvation and unlike those who are spared the second death in the day of judgement, they will reign over the nations with Christ. They are like Christ, adopted into the divine family of God, as holy angels/spirit ministers/messengers. We will be like the angels, ministering and managing God's creation. Humanity will be living in this universe, free of the corrupting influence of demons and the fallen nature. That's reality as I see it, from the bible and the Holy Spirit that guides me.

MennoSota

God is just as obligated to be gracious as we are. He expects us to forgive our enemies, but somehow your version of God is strictly legalistic when it comes to his enemies? No mercy or grace, just pure legalism? Seems ironic, that we are expected to be more gracious than God, within your theological paradigm. You cite one part of your bible, at the expense of the other. The bible is full of references to man's will, it assumes we have one and we're expected to choose what is right, as opposed to what isn't. Your theology may be biblical, depending on what part of your bible you choose to focus on. That's the problem with basing your walk with Christ, solely on a book, rather than an actual interaction with His Holy Spirit. A real encounter with the Living God.

Based on my understanding of what I have received, all of humanity was consigned to disease and death as a result of the first Adam's failure. Man's choice to align itself with God's will and to strive for righteousness, being as good as humanly possible, within the context of a holy nation/consecrated community/nation of priests/Israel, allowed the second Adam to incarnate. Without that nation of priests, there would've been no incarnation, due to the demonic nature of this fallen creation. God through the agency of His holy angels made sure there would be a community of people repulsed by idolatry and sacrificing their children to demons/idols. By the first century the Israelites had gone through enough trials and tribulations as a result of idolatry, to completely abhor it. The Jews of the first century were the cream of the crop, as far as their dedication to Abrahamic monotheism and rejecting idolatry. The perfect environment for the second Adam to be born.

Did you have to have faith in the first Adam to be forced into corruption? All of mankind was subject to corruption, regardless of their knowledge or lack of it, in respect to Adam's failure. By one one's failure, the world was essentially cursed, and by another man's success in keeping God's law perfectly, you and I, and every other human being on this planet will one day rise from the dead and receive judgement. If it wasn't for Christ, you and I, regardless of how "good" we might be, would die and perish. So, in the end, it's Christ that is the resurrection and the life, the one who raises the dead, and gives mankind another opportunity to live, without the burden of a fallen nature. Every man and woman, regardless of their location or creed, will one day rise from the dead, some to everlasting life, others to everlasting disgrace, though the second death.

The elect of this age/aeon, are the first fruits of salvation and unlike those who are spared the second death in the day of judgement, they will reign over the nations with Christ. They are like Christ, adopted into the divine family of God, as holy angels/spirit ministers/messengers. We will be like the angels, ministering and managing God's creation. Humanity will be living in this universe, free of the corrupting influence of demons and the fallen nature. That's reality as I see it, from the bible and the Holy Spirit that guides me.

God is the Sovereign King. He is not obligated to withhold punishment on lawbreakers. In fact, since God is a just God, he is fully obligated to require that justice be meted out.
God expects the elect to forgive those who wrong them because God has chosen to forgive the elect through Jesus atoning sacrifice.
Humans will never choose God. Even in the Garden, Adam and Eve hid from God. So it is with all lawbreakers. No criminal wants to be caught. They don't seek out the one who rightly judges their sin. God must call them out and choose to grant them pardon. God does not choose to pardon all humanity.
There is no need to have faith in Adam to be corrupt. Our corruption is passed down by nature. We are born in rebellion to God. Unless God chooses to pluck us out, we will die in rebellion to God. You are correct...if God chose not to extend his gracious saving hand, we would die as rebels to God. Our salvation is all by God's choice. Our faith is God's gift to us.
Christ is God. He is not adopted into God's family. He is the Sovereign King, the God of Creation. We, whom God has chosen and elected to adopt are place in God's family so that we can cry out "Abba Father." One day we will have specific roles in God's Kingdom. It will not be like angels or like God. It will be the role God has ordained for us.
You have provided no scripture, therefore your claim to be from the Bible is illegitimate. You claim that you are guided by the Holy Spirit, yet the Counselor points us to God's word, which you have not provided. At this moment you are making an unproven assertion.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

So which one of the facts presented in the OP are not completely accurate ?

Your declarations mean nothing if you can't explain how pisteuo fits into your theology.

And if you can't understand pisteuo and how it's applied , no declaration concerning God's Word is not yours to make yet.

So kindly address the facts I've presented , as this pertains to the very start of the Salvation process.

MennoSota

So which one of the facts presented in the OP are not completely accurate ?

Your declarations mean nothing if you can't explain how pisteuo fits into your theology.

And if you can't understand pisteuo and how it's applied , no declaration concerning God's Word is not yours to make yet.

So kindly address the facts I've presented , as this pertains to the very start of the Salvation process.
I have explained how faith fits in.
Faith is a gift that God gives to those whom he chooses to save. No one else can have faith that saves.
Humans can believe something very strongly, but that's not faith as expressed in scripture.
God gifted faith will express itself in good works that glorify God. Such action comes with the gift.

Cross Reference

Did you have to have faith in the first Adam to be forced into corruption? All of mankind was subject to corruption, regardless of their knowledge or lack of it, in respect to Adam's failure. By one man's failure, the world was essentially cursed, and by another man's success in keeping God's law perfectly, you and I, and every other human being on this planet will one day rise from the dead and receive judgement. If it wasn't for Christ, you and I, regardless of how "good" we might be, would die and perish.

How 'bout if those who did/do righteousness with no knowledge of Jesus Christ, Redemption or God, in the sense He has not, other than nature as presented, been made known to them? Will not their names be written the Book of Life?

Cross Reference

All who have God-given faith are chosen by God. Because God chose them, they naturally called upon God. God enables them. They never did it themselves.

All who are born again have been chosen by God.

Other than that, Where is it written God gave anyone faith; give anyone anything except the capability to believe and obey?