ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Cross Reference

(1)I have provided biblical reference. You now have resorted to childish comments.
(2)I am saved because God chose to save me by his amazing grace. (3_God has given me the faith to believe. (4.)I am adopted by God. [5.]I was chosen before the foundation of the world and predestined to be seated in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus.

1. Wrong! You have provided only error from your persuasion NOT from scripture..

2. Wrong again! Thogh God may have chosen you for something higher, God didn't choose you for His salvation. You chose Him. He foreknew you would. He called and eventually you responded.

". . . .Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
Mark 8:34 (KJV) PLEASE explain that since it means YOU DO IT, NOT JESUS. . . ."Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

3. Wrong again! Every man ever born of the womb was given a "measure" of faith to believe for whatever he chose to place it in. Ergo, Our faith IN HIM is a requirement NOT a gift; our faith by which God is then able to grant us His "Amazing Grace".. Other than that it is by His MERCY He might save us. That, too depends on us.

4. Again, Wrong! Jesus Himself wasn't adopted back into His Heavenly Family until He had been groomed by the Holy Spirit [for 30 yrs and as prescribed for the Jewish Prosthood]; before He was sent to be first tested in the wilderness and the world..

5. Presumptous at best! If you can't understand your error, I doubt it. Srongly pray about it because your faith has been hijacked.

Please read Ephesians 1 and 2 so you can perhaps comprehend the amazing grace of God

Yes!
"Amazing Grace"
. . NOT amazing Faith! Kindly note that your faith is unto HIS GRACE. NOWHERE in the scriptures can you find God's Grace to be unmerited. . . "unrighteousness" performing His "Righteousness".

Note: This was written to the saints AND to those "faithful" in Jesus Christ. and to be understood as implied:

"Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God: to the saints which are at Ephesus [learning how to be faithful], AND to the [matured] faithful in Christ Jesus:" Ephesians 1:1 (KJV)

Now where do you want to go since you have determined and I agree, salvation is by the Grace of God not through [His] faith but ours. ........". . . . (by grace ye are saved;) Ephesians 2:5 (KJV)

Want more passages that speak of this as being correct??

Last edited:

MennoSota

1. Wrong! You have provided only error.

2. Wrong again! Thogh God may have chosen you for something higher, God didn't choose you for His salvation. You chose Him. He foreknew you would. He called and eventually you responded.". . . .Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." Mark 8:34 (KJV) PLEASE explain that since it means YOU DO IT!, NOT JESUS. . . ."Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

3. Wrong again! Every man ever born of the womb was a "measure" of faith to believe for whatever he chose to place it in. Ergo, Your faith IN HIM was a requirement NOT a gift.

4. Again, Wrong! Jesus Himself wasn't adopted back into His Heavenly Family until He had been groomed by the HHoly Spirit; before He was sent out into the world.

5. Presumptous at best! If you can't understand your error, I doubt it. Srongly pray about it because your faith has been hijacked.

Yes! . . NOT amazing Faith! Kindly note that your faith is unto HIS GRACE. NOWHERE in the scriptures can you find God's Grace to be unmerited. . . "unrighteousness" performing His "Righteousness".

Note: This was written to the saints AND to those "faithful" in Jesus Christ. and to be understood as implied:

"Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God: to the saints which are at Ephesus [learning how to be faithful], AND to the [matured] faithful in Christ Jesus:" Ephesians 1:1 (KJV)

Now where do you want to go since you have determined and I agree, salvation is by the Grace of God not through [His] faith but ours. ........". . . . (by grace ye are saved;) Ephesians 2:5 (KJV)

Want more passages that speak of this as being correct??

LOL, anyone who reads the Bible in context will immediately see your error.
As long as you make it salvation by works and faith by your own conjuring, you are teaching a gospel contrary to God's word.
Your use of Mark 8 and Matthew 11 as free-will verses is creative, yet you ignore God's effectual work only in those whom he chooses.
Later, however, in Ephesians 1:1, you correctly point out that Paul is addressing the elect whom God adopted from before the foundation of the world and predestined to be seated in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus. You forgot the rest of the chapter.
You then butcher Ephesians 2:8-9 a second time to demand that faith is of your own conjuring, meaning you have definite cause for boasting....which is opposite of what God says. You actually twist scripture to force it into your philosophy.
Here's a truth.
There is no place in all of the Bible where God shares the philosophy of free-will.
There are dozens of passages that express God's choice, God's election and God's predestination.
Since God is actively doing the work and God is actively giving the gift of faith, which causes you to do good works, should you not praise Him for the faith He gives you? Or should you boast in the "faith" you are conjuring by your own cognition?

Cross Reference

God chose to save you purely because he chose to do so. Nothing you did merited his choice of you.
Free-will philosophy teaches universalism. God does not teach free-will. Therefore the only people that are saved are those whom God elects to save. God's salvation is limited to the elect.

"Redemption", the one thing man had no part in, provides the way for ALL to be saved. Being born again is the other enablement made possible.

What "Amazes" me is that "Decree'rs" make no attempt to make this fit their rationale. They simply ignore it: . . . . vis Mary was highly favored by God and yet it was not because she lived a righteous life, but because, "No one is righteous, no not one" Rom 3:10 .. Could it be, they can't and that misinterpreted passage persuades them away from truth??

MennoSota

What "Amazes" me is that "Decree'rs" make no attempt to make this fit their rationale. They simply ignore it: . . . . Mary was highly favored by God and yet it was not because she lived a righteous life. Could it be, they can't??

What are you arguing about?
No human is holy. Not even Mary the mother of Jesus. No amount of self-righteousness will make them holy. Only God can choose to make them holy by choosing to have Jesus atoning sacrifice cleanse them of their unrighteousness.
What is being ignored?

Cross Reference

LOL, anyone who reads the Bible in context will immediately see your error.
As long as you make it salvation by works and faith by your own conjuring, you are teaching a gospel contrary to God's word.

What works??? I mentioned NOTHING about works. Why misrepresent what I wrote. Can't you stand on you own 2 feet and discuss with honesty? Why not?? . .or should i guess?

Cross Reference

What are you arguing about?
No human is holy. Not even Mary the mother of Jesus. No amount of self-righteousness will make them holy. Only God can choose to make them holy by choosing to have Jesus atoning sacrifice cleanse them of their unrighteousness.

Hey, Sonnyjim, It isn't a question of anyone being holy or made holy. Albeit what she carried in her womb was HOLY. Now, Mary was highly favored by God. So highly favored was she that she was chosen to birth Holiness into the the world. The forknewldge of God that would have revealed "Self-righteousness" to any degree would have disqualified her. Wake up! You are expected to know those little things when reading the scriptures..

What is being ignored?

Unbiased contextual scriptural integrity in all you posit..

MennoSota

Hey, Sonnyjim, It isn't a question of anyone being holy or made holy. Albeit what she carried in her womb was HOLY. Now, Mary was highly favored by God. So highly favored was she that she was chosen to birth Holiness into the the world. The forknewldge of God that would have revealed "Self-righteousness" to any degree would have disqualified her. Wake up! You are expected to know those little things when reading the scriptures..

Unbiased contextual scriptural integrity in all you posit..
LOL, your struggle is in your own mind. God chose Mary because God chose to create her and then use her as he purposed. God's sovereignty oozes through it all.
Back to the subject. God is the active agent in faith. Because faith is a gift, it comes with this amazing ability to activate us by causing itself (faith) to do good works.
It's all God's doing. Nothing for which you can take credit.

Cross Reference

LOL, your struggle is in your own mind. God chose Mary because God chose to create her and then use her as he purposed. God's sovereignty oozes through it all.
Back to the subject. God is the active agent in faith. Because faith is a gift, it comes with this amazing ability to activate us by causing itself (faith) to do good works.
It's all God's doing. Nothing for which you can take credit.

You have nothing because there is nothing in the scriptures to support what you declare... Nothing.

Go fer it if you think you have something that might work out for you. Let me know.

MennoSota

No, I won't explain myself more than what is implied. Go with what I wrote. Show me the "works" you believe is there!
I already did that. We're talking in circles because I don't see what your problem is. If you cannot articulate it, then we'll drop whatever it is that bothers you.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No, I won't explain myself more than what is implied. Go with what I wrote. Show me the "works" you believe is there!

For mennosota ,

It's because the English has no word for the verb form of Faith " pisteuo " , that you fall into the delusional understanding that Faith and Faithing don't require work.

Pisteuo is work and lots of it everyday. Not obedience , not do do this and do do that , but a life of continual surrender , with a life inspired by such surrender...

And not one millisecond of this daily work is done to try and replace , add to , or take away anything Christ did and " completed " on the cross , Grace !

Pisteuo is the primary word used to communicate how we must recieve the free gift of Grace. Ignoring me , and arguing with cr won't help you deal with these facts.

Cross Reference

For mennosota ,

It's because the English has no word for the verb form of Faith " pisteuo " , that you fall into the delusional understanding that Faith and Faithing don't require work.

Pisteuo is work and lots of it everyday. Not obedience , not do do this and do do that , but a life of continual surrender , with a life inspired by such surrender...

And not one millisecond of this daily work is done to try and replace , add to , or take away anything Christ did and " completed " on the cross , Grace !

Pisteuo is the primary word used to communicate how we must recieve the free gift of Grace. Ignoring me , and arguing with cr won't help you deal with these facts.
<groan>

Pisteuo is work and lots of it everyday. Not obedience , not do do this and do do that , but a life of continual surrender , with a life inspired by such surrender..

To do what . . . surrender some more?? Maybe keep the "fuzzies" going??

Cross Reference

I already did that. We're talking in circles because I don't see what your problem is. If you cannot articulate it, then we'll drop whatever it is that bothers you.

Actually, you have no choice but to drop it since you have been caught in the act of misrepresenting my words.

Mary was chosen by God because she was Highly favored of Him because of the righteousness He saw from her life. Likewise was David chosen of God to be king because "he was a man after God's own heart" that you can't explain. Both people being of the OT.
Want more examples of righteousness man was capable of and performed [works] that brought on the grace of God and blessings for his life? Ergo, God bestowed His Grace upon those He found favor with. . . all others, mercy.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
<groan>

To do what . . . surrender some more?? Maybe keep the "fuzzies" going??

Deeper surrender = Christ being formed in our hearts by Faith , by pisteuo !

Christ being formed in our hearts = a deeper relationship with Him !

Deeper relationship with Him = being perfected and brought into the unity of the body of Christ !

Starting to get the message ?

Done by pisteuo ," A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Cross Reference

Deeper surrender = Christ being formed in our hearts by Faith , by pisteuo !

Christ being formed in our hearts = a deeper relationship with Him !

Deeper relationship with Him = being perfected and brought into the unity of the body of Christ !

Starting to get the message ?

Done by pisteuo ," A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender ."

Done by Obedience AND "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: . . . By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:" Romans 1:3-5 (KJV)

. . . . "to all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called saints; Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ! first, indeed, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is proclaimed in the whole world;" Romans 1:7-8 (YLT)

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Done by Obedience AND "Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead: . . . By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:" Romans 1:3-5 (KJV)

. . . . "to all who are in Rome, beloved of God, called saints; Grace to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ! first, indeed, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is proclaimed in the whole world;" Romans 1:7-8 (YLT)

I don't think you have a clue what your accually saying when you claim Obedience !

If you go the "obedience " route , which by the way you are untitled to do , you must be perfectly obedient , from the second you are born , till the moment you die. You can't even have disobedient thought , not even for a milisecond . So far Jesus is the only one to complete that. Anything less than what Christ did is garbage and worthless.

Now there is a kind of " moments of obedience " that comes from a continually surrendered life. After , our faithing or surrendered life is deemed genuine ,tested , and accepted , Christ seals inside of us a piece of Himself the Grace deposit or Spirit of Christ. Once His Spirit starts to make His abode in us , we start to see God's nature flow from u. One of which is moments of obedience ! That's as good as obedience gets ! By us surrendering our lives to Him , He takes it and we become a conduit for His nature to flow.

At this point , even our continual pisteuo changes as we become less of us , and more of Him.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I don't think you have a clue what your accually saying when you claim Obedience !

If you go the "obedience " route , which by the way you are untitled to do , you must be perfectly obedient , from the second you are born , till the moment you die. You can't even have disobedient thought , not even for a milisecond . So far Jesus is the only one to complete that. Anything less than what Christ did is garbage and worthless.

Now there is a kind of " moments of obedience " that comes from a continually surrendered life. After , our faithing or surrendered life is deemed genuine ,tested , and accepted , Christ seals inside of us a piece of Himself the Grace deposit or Spirit of Christ. Once His Spirit starts to make His abode in us , we start to see God's nature flow from u. One of which is moments of obedience ! That's as good as obedience gets ! By us surrendering our lives to Him , He takes it and we become a conduit for His nature to flow.

At this point , even our continual pisteuo changes as we become less of us , and more of Him.

Faith doesn't come from " obedience " , " obedience " comes from Faith !

Cross Reference

Sorry, dude. That isn't Christian. This is:

"I do live in the flesh, but I do not make war as the flesh does; the weapons of my warfare are not weapons of the flesh, but divinely strong to demolish fortresses— I demolish theories and any rampart thrown up to resist the knowledge of God, I take every project prisoner to make it obey Christ, I am prepared to court-martial anyone who remains insubordinate, once your submission is complete. Look at this obvious fact. So-and-so is perfectly sure he 'belongs to Christ'? Well then, let him understand, on second thoughts, that I 'belong to Christ' as much as he does." 2 Corinthians 10:3-7 (MOFF)

Got the drift of that?

Not only that, I don't claim anything as you want me to be doing. "Obedience" strengthens/stirs up faith.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, dude. That isn't Christian. This is:

"I do live in the flesh, but I do not make war as the flesh does; the weapons of my warfare are not weapons of the flesh, but divinely strong to demolish fortresses— I demolish theories and any rampart thrown up to resist the knowledge of God, I take every project prisoner to make it obey Christ, I am prepared to court-martial anyone who remains insubordinate, once your submission is complete. Look at this obvious fact. So-and-so is perfectly sure he 'belongs to Christ'? Well then, let him understand, on second thoughts, that I 'belong to Christ' as much as he does." 2 Corinthians 10:3-7 (MOFF)

Got the drift of that?

Not only that, I don't claim anything as you want me to be doing. "Obedience" strengthens/stirs up faith.

Good luck with that !