ECT Attention! Everyone who doesn't like MAD!

Attention! Everyone who doesn't like MAD!

• It denies water baptism.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It denies the place of the Law in the life of the believer.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

musterion

Howdy,

In the interest of collating all your varied opinions, objections and complaints in one place, you are invited to post what you think is the single biggest error of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism. Yes, you probably have a list of a dozen complaints, but you are asked to limit yourself to the #1 absolute worst of them all. With as many replies as we're bound to get, your whole list will probably get covered eventually.

Ground rules...please be mature and observe them:

1. Only those who consider the Bible to be the Word of God and Christ to be their Lord and Savior may reply. If that isn't you, please be mature and refrain from disrupting.

2. One complaint per customer, so make it your #1.

3. Stick to the doctrinal. Avoid the personal.

4. Cite the relevant Scriptures to make your point.

5. Be as brief as possible. Aim for one paragraph or less.

6. No links and no cut and paste from outside sources. Post your own thoughts, not someone else's.

MADs are respectfully requested to refrain from replying until it appears we've gotten however many complaints we're going to get (I expect a minimum of 15).

This is a genuine attempt to foster honest discussion with a minimum of personal rancor. Please treat it as such.

Thank you in advance for an enlightening discussion.

And for fun, a poll question.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

JohnW was mean to me and made me cry.

ROFL!
I just had to vote for that one. Cracked me up!!!!!
smileys-multiple-smileys-515811.gif

oatmeal

Howdy,

In the interest of collating all your varied opinions, objections and complaints in one place, you are invited to post what you think is the single biggest error of Mid-Acts Dispensationalism. Yes, you probably have a list of a dozen complaints, but you are asked to limit yourself to the #1 absolute worst of them all. With as many replies as we're bound to get, your whole list will probably get covered eventually.

1. Only those who consider the Bible to be the Word of God and Christ to be their Lord and Savior may reply. If that isn't you, please be mature and refrain from disrupting.

6. No links and no cut and paste from outside sources. Post your own thoughts, not someone else's.

MADs are respectfully requested to refrain from replying until it appears we've gotten however many complaints we're going to get (I expect a minimum of 15).

This is a genuine attempt to foster honest discussion with a minimum of personal rancor. Please treat it as such.

What no person rancor? No open rebuke? How will you contain yourself?

MAD does not rightly divide the dispensations.

The age of grace began on the day of Pentecost, specifically Acts 2:1-4, Jesus Christ told them to wait until the promise of the Father, to be endued with power from on high, Acts 1:8

musterion

MAD does not rightly divide the dispensations.

The age of grace began on the day of Pentecost, specifically Acts 2:1-4, Jesus Christ told them to wait until the promise of the Father, to be endued with power from on high, Acts 1:8

That's one down. I am compiling these as they come in for a comprehensive response thread to be posted in later by various MADs, if they care to participate. Thank you for contributing.

OCTOBER23

I am NOT Mad, I just Hate XMAS like Jesus does.

Revelation 2:6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest

the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Revelation 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the

Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.

Sheila B

I chose the chop up the Bible one, although it is not worded as well as it could be. That is, it seems to me that MAD does not ignore all the non-Pauline writings, but tends to put them on hold until a later date. The whole purpose of this new schism/heresy is just bending the scriptures to fit a teaching of their own design.

The beauty of Scripture is it's cohesive unity! One, pure, unified Voice speaking throughout the ages, to every man in every age!
MAD does not want to declare:
our common salvation... which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 3

musterion

I chose the chop up the Bible one, although it is not worded as well as it could be. That is, it seems to me that MAD does not ignore all the non-Pauline writings, but tends to put them on hold until a later date. The whole purpose of this new schism/heresy is just bending the scriptures to fit a teaching of their own design.

The beauty of Scripture is it's cohesive unity! One, pure, unified Voice speaking throughout the ages, to every man in every age!
MAD does not want to declare:
our common salvation... which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 3

Thank you, your post is noted and logged.

Cross Reference

Howdy,

MAD? It's just another religion [denomination] orchestrated by Satan from the pit to bring confusion to the masses of those who have but a weak grasp of the gospel; those who have no understanding of the ultimate intention of God for His so-great salvation.

csuguy

Ignoring the behavior of its advocates, the MADist Theology's primary flaw is how they split up the NT scriptures and say "only this small bit is applicable to me!" They create boundaries and new gospels that don't exist in scripture.

They claim to follow the Gospel of Paul, but must ignore him to maintain the above notion - for Paul declares in several places that the gentiles have been grafted onto Israel and thereby have become fellow members of the body and fellow heirs and partakers in the promises of God. He declares that there is no difference between a jew and gentile in Christ multiple times, and so does Peter in Acts 15 speaking of "the early days" of the church. The MADist response thus far has been to ignore Paul and insist that "the body is not grafted onto anything" - with no scriptural basis.

Worst yet, they deem Jesus' own ministry inapplicable to themselves, saying it has been put on hold rather than recognizing that Jesus trained the disciples to carry on his ministry to all nations. They ignore Jesus when he says that Salvation is from the Jews.

musterion

Ignoring the behavior of its advocates, the MADist Theology's primary flaw is how they split up the NT scriptures and say "only this small bit is applicable to me!" They create boundaries and new gospels that don't exist in scripture.

They claim to follow the Gospel of Paul, but must ignore him to maintain the above notion - for Paul declares in several places that the gentiles have been grafted onto Israel and thereby have become fellow members of the body and fellow heirs and partakers in the promises of God. He declares that there is no difference between a jew and gentile in Christ multiple times, and so does Peter in Acts 15 speaking of "the early days" of the church. The MADist response thus far has been to ignore Paul and insist that "the body is not grafted onto anything" - with no scriptural basis.

Worst yet, they deem Jesus' own ministry inapplicable to themselves, saying it has been put on hold rather than recognizing that Jesus trained the disciples to carry on his ministry to all nations. They ignore Jesus when he says that Salvation is from the Jews.

Noted and logged. Thank you for a reply that was not personal nor irrelevant to the topic, like the two above who couldn't control themselves.

musterion

Incidentally, one of the poll questions is a trap to identify people who didn't/couldn't understand the rule about getting personal, or who don't know why they dislike MAD but want attention anyway. Looks like it has already caught a few.