ECT NO, THE BIBLE IS NOT THE CHRISTIAN'S ONLY AUTHORITY

Cruciform

"THE BIBLE, NOT ORAL TRADITION, IS OUR ONLY AUTHORITY!"

False. Christ sent the Apostles to teach all things that He had taught them, but the Bible tells us that not all that He did was written in Scripture (Jn. 21:25). Therefore, if all is to be taught, and not all is in Scripture, part of Christian truth must be elsewhere. But where?

St. Paul tells us clearly to "stand fast and hold to the traditions which we have learned, either by word or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:14).

Thus, the Catholic Church, "the pillar and bulwark of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15), teaches that Divine Revelation is contained fully in the Word of God, which is comprised of Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition.

http://www.StreetEvangelization.com

Last edited:

Daniel1611

The Bible is the final authority for all doctrine. If a doctrine contradicts the Bible, the doctrine in question is false. No question.

DAN P

1013637_663679443749188_5303393553589912646_n.jpg

Hi and Traditions is a Transliteration and means in the OT what the Saduccess and Pharisses handed down as scripture as the RCC HAS DONE .

Paul , ( traditions ) WERE the instruction that he handed down were the Scriptures !

Jesus we know and Paul we know , so WHO are you ??:bang::bang:

dan p

OCTOBER23

Is Cruciform saying that an Organization full or Pedophile Priests

that BANNED people from Owning or Reading the Bible

down through history on Penalty of Death by burning at the Stake , is the Ultimate Biblical Authority.???????

God Almighty will Destroy the RC Church and throw it into HELL FIRE .:DK:

Re 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore,

and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Cruciform

The Bible is the final authority for all doctrine.
Your opinion, derived from your preferred man-made non-Catholic sect, is noted. Nevertheless, it is categorically disproven by the OP, as well as by this.

If a doctrine contradicts the Bible, the doctrine in question is false. No question.
Agreed. However, that does not require one to buy into the erroneous 16th-century Protestant notion of sola scriptura. To affirm the Bible's authority is not the same as assuming that ONLY the Bible is authoritative.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Using very large text is inappropriate, and in violation of the rules. It wastes web space, and adds no more clarity than regular text. If you need to make a point, do so in bold, or italic. If you what to copy a page, you may transfer the text to appropriate size, or provide a link.
Please do not quote this big page over again; it is a waste of space.

Cruciform

Using very large text is inappropriate, and in violation of the rules. It wastes web space, and adds no more clarity than regular text. If you need to make a point, do so in bold, or italic. If you what to copy a page, you may transfer the text to appropriate size, or provide a link. Please do not quote this big page over again; it is a waste of space.
Are you an administrator on this forum? In any case, I re-posted the OP in a smaller font just for you (I agree, it was pretty huge!).

Dona Bate

sing very arge ex is inaroriae, and in vioaion o e rues. wases we sace, and as no more cari an reuar ex. u nee to mae a oin, so in bod, or iaic. u what to co a ae, you ma ranser the ex o aroriae sie, or rovie a in.
ease o no uoe is i ae over aain; i is a wase o sace.
K?

got ya!

Last edited:

Dona Bate

FONT="Trebuchet"]THE BIBLE, NOT ORAL TRADITION, IS OUR ONLY AUTHORITY![/FONT]

False. Christ sent the Apostles to teach all things that He had taught them, but the bible tells us that not all that He did was written in Scripture (Jn. 21:25). Therefore, if all is to be taught, and not all is in Scripture, part of Christian truth must be elsewhere. But where?

St. Paul tells us clearly to "stand fast and hold to the traditions which we have learned, either by word or by letter" (2 Thess. 2:14).

Thus, the Catholic Church, "the pillar and bulwark of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15), teaches that Divine Revelation is contained fully in the Word of God, which is comprised of Sacred Scripture and sacred Tradition.

Up

God Bless!

oatmeal

False. Christ sent the Apostles to teach all things that He had taught them, but the bible tells us that not all that He did was written in Scripture (Jn. 21:25). Therefore, if all is to be taught, and not all is in Scripture, part of Christian truth must be elsewhere. But where?

Thus, the Catholic Church, "the pillar and bulwark of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15), teaches that Divine Revelation is contained fully in the Word of God, which is comprised of Sacred Scripture and sacred Tradition.

Scripture is our only rule of believing and practice for those who take scripture seriously.

Your RCC opinions are irrelevant and repugnant to scripture.

Scripture is God's written word.

Scripture alone is scripture. You want God's word in writing? Then only scripture is for you

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Christian's Authority

The Christian's Authority

Our authority is God. We have the prophets. Jesus is our Lord. From these we have the word of God (in fact, Jesus is the Word... the Word made flesh, and the Word of God). The scriptures are the recorded word of God. That is why we can call the Bible the Word of God.

Cruciform

Scripture is our only rule of believing and practice for those who take scripture seriously.
Now go ahead and cite a single biblical text which actually states---or even implies---that "Scripture is our only rule of believing and practice for those who take scripture seriously."

Your RCC opinions are irrelevant and repugnant to scripture.
Post #5.

Scripture is God's written word.
Yes, Scripture is God's written word, and Tradition is God's oral word (2 Thess. 2:15; 1 Cor. 11:2; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15).

Scripture alone is scripture.
...and Tradition alone is Tradition. Both, however, are the word of God.

You want God's word in writing?
I want God's word in whatever forms He's chosen to communicate it.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

HisServant

What you say is obvious... but you have been asked numerous times to prove that the RCC has held fast to and not added to the traditions that the original apostles taught.

Obviously, it has added a lot... and has not 'held fast'...

Nothing more needs to be said.

If your church was truly Jesus church than it would have no problem proving the above via written instructions or recorded events from the original apostles.

Cross Reference

Is Cruciform saying that an Organization full or Pedophile Priests

that BANNED people from Owning or Reading the Bible

down through history on Penalty of Death by burning at the Stake , is the Ultimate Biblical Authority.???????

God Almighty will Destroy the RC Church and throw it into HELL FIRE .:DK:

Re 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore,

and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

Ah, yes, there is that word again, "organization". That is what the RCC is and can't be anything more than that.

john w

Hall of Fame
1 Tim. 3 KJV

15 but if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

A pillar supports.

The church, a spiritual organism(in contrast to the Roman Catholic Organization) comprised of,respective, yes, "fallible," forever justified members of the body of Christ, supports the already existing objective truth of the scriptures, "the scripture of truth."

And the church, in this dispensation, is not some group of "elite" Roman Catholic clowns, in clown hats, referred to as "the Magesterium," as the RCO asserts in deceit.

SaulToPaul 2

1 Tim. 3 KJV

15 but if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

A pillar supports.

The church, a spiritual organism(in contrast to the Roman Catholic Organization) comprised of,respective, yes, "fallible," forever justified members of the body of Christ, supports the already existing objective truth of the scriptures, "the scripture of truth."

No more Friday fish frys for you.
Did Francis get those ex-communication forms to you, yet?

0scar

the Protestand Church - who is the church of the living God - is the pillar and bulkwark of the truth.

15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.

0scar

the Protestand Church - who is the church of the living God - is the pillar and bulkwark of the truth.

15 if I am delayed, you may know how one ought to behave in the household of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and bulwark of the truth.

john w

Hall of Fame
No more Friday fish frys for you.
Did Francis get those ex-communication forms to you, yet?

Fine! I prefer the grub, that Olive fixes for me, at the diner, anyway. I called the local RCO Diocese, recently, to obtain my "ex communication" papers, an annual "rite," a compelsion complex, that I've been doing for 17 years, but they told me, again, "If the phone don't ring, you'll know it's us!"

They shore are moody...