ECT Do you see All, Some, None of the Spiritual Gifts in Operation Today?

john w

Hall of Fame
Is there a chapter and verse you're referring to, so that I can know what promises God has made which I can't apply by faith?

I agree! Every Christian should!I don't know about you, but I've been redeemed from the curse.

Are all ofthe promises directed to you?

If that is your presupposition, i.e., all of the promises are specifically directed towards you, take the curses also, as there is no escape from the physical curses upon failure-your "but I've been redeemed from the curse" is a smokescreen, speaking of the "spirituual curse."

Raise the dead, as you assert there is no purpose for it, and it is a command/gift, given you.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Could it be no one has faith they can be done?

Since you believe that those things will follow those who believe, and now say 'could it be no one has faith', would not that include yourself, yet you call down others?

You must not have enough faith, since you aren't raising the dead and healing people. Or you could just chalk it up to the the dead one or the sick one of not having enough faith, right?

How convenient. Even you should know thats a weak weak excuse, to believe that no one past the apostles had enough faith - and even apparantly paul and timothy didnt have enough either, for sending people to be prayed for instead of sending them and themselves to he healed.

If no one had faith, no one would be saved.

musterion

Christ said the signs and wonders will follow those who have already believed in Him; not in the signs and wonders. Pentecostals and charismatics stand on that verse. The point is, if they believe the signs and wonders are for today but cannot themselves display them, then according to what Christ said they must not believe in Him. Meaning they are not saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
I've never said that anyone who isn't healed MUST be an un-believer. Those who speak against the promises presented in Scripture are anti-Christ. Those who believe God's Words defend The Bible, they don't attack those who believe in The Word of God.

Raise the dead. Throw away your glases, contacts, translation dictionaries.......since all the promises in the book, are just random, having no specific purpose, and are are for everyone.

A child, to his dad Aimielm: All the promises you made to my sister, are mine also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Waaaaaaaa!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame

Nothing is said about "having enough faith"-you made that up. The spiritual gifts, signs, wonders..........were given-not "asked for...prayed for...conditioned on 'having enough faith'."

Aimiel

Since you believe that those things will follow those who believe, and now say 'could it be no one has faith', would not that include yourself, yet you call down others?
Of course it means me, too. Every time one preaches: one is also preaching to oneself, too.
You must not have enough faith, since you aren't raising the dead and healing people.
Should God decide He wants to rasise someone from the dead through me, He knows I'm available.
If no one had faith, no one would be saved.
God can do anything He pleases, including raising someone from death today or healing sickness or casting demons out of them. They are signs. They follow those who believe. Jesus said so and I believe Him.

musterion

They are signs. They follow those who believe. Jesus said so and I believe Him.

Again...Paul said tongues are a sign for those who do NOT believe.

How can an unbeliever benefit from hearing someone "speak in tongues" that the unbeliever (or anyone else) can't possibly understand?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Should God decide He wants to rasise someone from the dead through me, He knows I'm available.

Where is God deciding to use people to raise the dead in your lifetime, when have you seen it done?

God can do anything He pleases, including raising someone from death today or healing sickness or casting demons out of them. They are signs.

Signs were to be for those who don't believe, not those who believe and to prove that Christ was who He claimed to be and to prove that the apostles were who they claimed to be to begin the church.

They follow those who believe. Jesus said so and I believe Him.

Please point us to examples in your locality that you have personally witnessed and can be verified/tested.

1 Thesalonians 5:21 20 do not despise prophetic utterances. 21 But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; 22 abstain from every form of evil.

Aimiel

Again...Paul said tongues are a sign for those who do NOT believe.

How can an unbeliever benefit from hearing someone "speak in tongues" that the unbeliever (or anyone else) can't possibly understand?
What difference does that make? They are signs. No one said they were for a limited time or that they would expire. The fact that we need knowledge about God means that we also need tongues and prophecy. We will see signs following those whose ministry believes Jesus, because He said that signs would follow them.

john w

Hall of Fame
Of course it means me, too. Every time one preaches: one is also preaching to oneself, too.Should God decide He wants to rasise someone from the dead through me, He knows I'm available.God can do anything He pleases, including raising someone from death today or healing sickness or casting demons out of them. They are signs. They follow those who believe. Jesus said so and I believe Him.

"Should God decide He wants to.."

Spin. Deceit.

Irrelevant-the signs shall follow those that believe.

"They follow those who believe. Jesus said so and I believe Him."

"Jesus" also said sell all you have.

Don't you believe Him?

Aimiel

Where is God deciding to use people to raise the dead in your lifetime, when have you seen it done?
I haven't seen it with my eyes (yet) but that doesn't mean it is not going to happen. I believe God's Word, I don't look for ways to excuse not seeing things. I look for ways to expect miracles from God, not deny that it could ever happen, simply because I found some obscure text that might mean that He didn't really mean what He said several different ways.

musterion

What difference does that make? They are signs. No one said they were for a limited time or that they would expire.

You are not comprehending any of the points people have shared with you on this.

The fact that we need knowledge about God means that we also need tongues and prophecy.
First, you reject the all-sufficiency of the Scriptures, then. Second, Paul said tongues are as a sign to unbelievers, not to believers.

We will see signs following those whose ministry believes Jesus, because He said that signs would follow them.
First, how does a "ministry believe Jesus?" What's that even mean? Second, NO ONE today shows any of the signs and wonders displayed during the Acts period, which must mean NO ONE believes. If they did, there'd be irrefutable proof FOR UNBELIEVERS, THE VERY ONES THE BIBLE SAYS TONGUES ARE INTENDED TO BE A SIGN FOR.

john w

Hall of Fame
What difference does that make? They are signs. No one said they were for a limited time or that they would expire. The fact that we need knowledge about God means that we also need tongues and prophecy. We will see signs following those whose ministry believes Jesus, because He said that signs would follow them.

"We will see signs following those whose ministry believes Jesus, "

Document the signs.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
We will see signs following those whose ministry believes Jesus, because He said that signs would follow them.

You should have no trouble then showing verifiable examples - dead raised, limbs healed, the same kind of things we saw in scripture.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Surely you arent saying all the sign gifts are valid, yet only saying "prophecy and tongues" are the only ones people are doing?

Aimiel

Nothing is said about "having enough faith"-you made that up. The spiritual gifts, signs, wonders..........were given-not "asked for...prayed for...conditioned on 'having enough faith'."

God won't force Himself upon anyone.

musterion

The signs claimed by Pentecostals are just like the sin-loving OSAS believers that workers hate...they've never actually seen one but they KNOW they're real.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
The signs claimed by Pentecostals are just like the sin-loving OSAS believers that workers hate...they've never actually seen one but they KNOW they're real.

yes, it doesn't stand to reason that the sign gifts will follow ALL those who believe, yet the only ones that seem to be following anyone are only following pentecostal believers and that only tongues and prophecy follow but never raising the dead, or healing the sick instanteously and easily verifiable like shown in scripture.

Then we have well its a lack of faith, well if that was why, would it not also stand to reason that they wouldnt be seeing tongues and prophecy too if it was a faith problem?

Why do only THOSE signs seem to follow anyone anymore?

(hint: they cannot be tested)

PS why are they claimed to be for believers, when the bible shows expressly that those 2 were for non believers, not believers?

Also why does anyone need babble prophecy in church where everyone speaks the same language?

john w

Hall of Fame
God won't force Himself upon anyone.

Irrelevant....stock cliche....misdirection....

Shall follow.

Do it.

Poser...charalatan.

Prediction-Next up: "You limit the power of GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWDDD!!

Hebrews 6 KJV
4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, 5 and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,

This "taste" was at Pentecost.