ECT Our triune God

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The truth is not found by studying the Bible.

The truth imparted from the Spirit is confirmed by the Bible.

Most people study the works of men and then use that in their mind to overlay the very words of the Bible with it.

That method used by most all professing believers has nothing to do with living by every word which proceeds out of the mouth of God at all.

All it results in is in them becoming the same as the people they got their under standings from, and have no clue at all about who Jesus is because they have never met the man.

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

LA
Your method has you contradicting the earliest church, who received what they believed from the Apostles themselves, who received it from Jesus. Jesus ensured that the church would endure for milennia, and she has. The Bible was written for the church, and reading and interpreting the Bible apart from the church leads you into all error, and it has.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Clearly, you need to keep searching.

and learning to rightly divide the word of truth
You believe that you can learn to rightly divide the word of truth with no input or comparison with what the church herself believes and teaches. In effect, you believe that you alone are the church, you ignore the body of Christ, to your peril. You believe that the Bible was written to you and for you alone, and not to and for the church that Jesus himself built, upon the Rock (Simon Peter) first (primus inter pares), and upon his Apostles, the church that prevails against the gates of Hades. You believe that the Bible exists in a vacuum, and that ignoring the facts of history is a safe route.

No, I don't need to keep searching. That's not my job. That is the job of those who have succeeded the Apostles, who succeeded Christ, as the leaders and teachers of his church. And they've done, and they continue to do, a terrific job!

oatmeal

You believe that you can learn to rightly divide the word of truth with no input or comparison with what the church herself believes and teaches. In effect, you believe that you alone are the church, you ignore the body of Christ, to your peril. You believe that the Bible was written to you and for you alone, and not to and for the church that Jesus himself built, upon the Rock (Simon Peter) first (primus inter pares), and upon his Apostles, the church that prevails against the gates of Hades. You believe that the Bible exists in a vacuum, and that ignoring the facts of history is a safe route.

No, I don't need to keep searching. That's not my job. That is the job of those who have succeeded the Apostles, who succeeded Christ, as the leaders and teachers of his church. And they've done, and they continue to do, a terrific job!

See, that is the difference between you and your church and me.

I do not care what "the church" teaches.

I care about what scripture teaches.

John 5:39

Acts 17:11

Romans 4:3

Jeremiah 15:16

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

It is not as if "the church" is not mentioned in Sacred Scripture, so I find it a bit baffling that you "do not care" what she teaches, since she plays such a primary role in the Bible. She is for you! She is God's gift to you! It is through her that he has chosen to distribute his grace! The keys of the kingdom and all that....

All the faithful before you did amazing work, rightly dividing the word of truth FOR YOU. And the church's unity with Christ as his bride means that she is something other than, something more than, an organization of mere men. Her soul is the Holy Spirit, her head Christ, and her father, the Father.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See, that is the difference between you and your church and me.

Sigh. Lone Rangers.

"The church" interprets Scripture in community so your refusal to covenant yourself with a local church speaks volumes about your refusal to obey the same Scriptures you claim to "care about". :AMR:

AMR

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
"The church" interprets Scripture in community........
No it doesn't, Mr. I-don't-know-squat-about-Religion.

Jesus chose men to TEACH the community. Thats is how Jesus set things up. The Apostles, and today their successors the Bishops, have the authority to teach and bind & loose doctrine. THAT is what the Bible says.

Stop putting forth your fantasy ideas as if they are authentic Christianity.

Lon

Jesus chose men to TEACH the community. Thats is how Jesus set things up. The Apostles, and today their successors the Bishops, have the authority to teach and bind & loose doctrine. THAT is what the Bible says.

Wow. :think: You can't slam another for doing exactly what you just did... The irony here is dripping. Instead, just point me to a pope or body of cardinals (ironically asking) instead of your lone interpretation of RC doctrine?
:popcorn:

Lon

I believe that the triune god is a false god.

There fore I am a triune believer.

I believe that Jesus spoke of a devil therefore I believe in a devil

You speak of a triune god, but it is a false god.

I believe that there are false gods, of which your triune god is one.

Thus, you have not excluded me from this thread.
Good, you've already said this on the first page.

... I am a triune believer...
:doh:
Oatmeal, as nicely as I can say this, you aren't too bright and so offer nothing, nadda, zero to my thread. Nothing at all.

Quit derailing my thread now, or I'm going to have to hit a report button. This thread is not for inane soundbytes that are merely repeated and blindly asserted. You have a gazillion of your own threads.
Please leave this one alone.
Thank you for your compliance.

godrulz

Hall of Fame

Fallible men and fallible popes or false prophets/teachers like Mohammed, Joseph Smith, CT Russell, etc. are not the way to go.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Buttinskies. Sigh.

AMR

oatmeal

It is not as if "the church" is not mentioned in Sacred Scripture, so I find it a bit baffling that you "do not care" what she teaches, since she plays such a primary role in the Bible. She is for you! She is God's gift to you! It is through her that he has chosen to distribute his grace! The keys of the kingdom and all that....

All the faithful before you did amazing work, rightly dividing the word of truth FOR YOU. And the church's unity with Christ as his bride means that she is something other than, something more than, an organization of mere men. Her soul is the Holy Spirit, her head Christ, and her father, the Father.

The church of the scriptures is far different than what you consider "the church"

Far too many people go "to church" as if entering a building makes them holy.

Far too many people consider their denomination "the church"

Far too many people do not read scriptures for themselves because "its too hard"

It is too hard because "the church" you claim never taught them how to read scripture and enjoy it.

The church of the scriptures is the believers

oatmeal

Sigh. Lone Rangers.

"The church" interprets Scripture in community so your refusal to covenant yourself with a local church speaks volumes about your refusal to obey the same Scriptures you claim to "care about". :AMR:

AMR

II Peter 1:20

Scripture is not to be interpreted.

Your church is in error right from square one.

oatmeal

Good, you've already said this on the first page.

:doh:
Oatmeal, as nicely as I can say this, you aren't too bright and so offer nothing, nadda, zero to my thread. Nothing at all.

Quit derailing my thread now, or I'm going to have to hit a report button. This thread is not for inane soundbytes that are merely repeated and blindly asserted. You have a gazillion of your own threads.
Please leave this one alone.
Thank you for your compliance.

Your insults do not prove your threeology

It only serves to prove that you enjoy insulting people who do not agree with you

Please stay out of my threads

then stay out of mine

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The church of the scriptures is far different than what you consider "the church"

The church of the scriptures is the believers
OK. Where are they? What do they look like? How do you identify them? Where is this "church of the scriptures" you mention? Who are "the believers?" And what do they believe?

Did the writing of the Gospel of Matthew predate the birth of the church?

Lon

Your insults do not prove your threeology

It only serves to prove that you enjoy insulting people who do not agree with you

Please stay out of my threads

then stay out of mine
Which of those 50 am I in? You are a contentious fellow. You are on my ignore and I've asked you repeatedly to stay away from me and my threads.