ECT Our triune God

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
"The name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV) is "The Most Holy Trinity."

oatmeal

This thread is specifically for triune believers. No other need or should post here.

I'm personally boycotting these cultists threads against our view. I have found none of them are here to learn a thing and they certainly don't make a cogent or compelling presentation. Its a waste of bandwidth and time from my experience. This thread is for posting material to help us on our way.

I believe that the triune god is a false god.

There fore I am a triune believer.

I believe that Jesus spoke of a devil therefore I believe in a devil

You speak of a triune god, but it is a false god.

I believe that there are false gods, of which your triune god is one.

Thus, you have not excluded me from this thread.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I believe that the triune god is a false god.

There fore I am a triune believer.

I believe that Jesus spoke of a devil therefore I believe in a devil

You speak of a triune god, but it is a false god.

I believe that there are false gods, of which your triune god is one.

Thus, you have not excluded me from this thread.

According to this nonsense you, jerzy and meshak are the redeemed and the true church that ever was is following a false god...you need to think some more. You think a false god produced the Salvation Army?

oatmeal

According to this nonsense you, jerzy and meshak are the redeemed and the true church that ever was is following a false god...you need to think some more. You think a false god produced the Salvation Army?

The requirement for salvation is
Romans 10:9-10

There is nothing in there about a trinity

The two requirements are so simple, even a trin can get saved.

You do agree that

1. Jesus is lord

2. God raised him from the dead

or not?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The requirement for salvation is
Romans 10:9-10

There is nothing in there about a trinity

The two requirements are so simple, even a trin can get saved.

You do agree that

1. Jesus is lord

2. God raised him from the dead

or not?

The Pauline understanding of LORD is YHWH. Verses about YHWH in the OT are applied to Jesus in the NT (see LXX also).

'Jesus is Lord' is a confession of His Deity. This is one reason the Romans persecuted Christians (vs Caesar is God) and Jews accused them of blasphemy for making Jesus God.

It is not mere sir, lord, generic jesus/lord. The context in Phil. 2, Rom. 10, etc. is LORD YHWH, not lord elton john.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

oatmeal

"The name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" (Matthew 28:19-20 NIV) is "The Most Holy Trinity."

The early church fathers quoted those verses many times but without the trin formula in them

The must have had texts which predate the ones we have.

the ones we have wrongful additions

There is no scriptural record of the believers doing that

Baptizing was baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ

oatmeal

The Pauline understanding of LORD is YHWH. Verses about YHWH in the OT are applied to Jesus in the NT (see LXX also).

'Jesus is Lord' is a confession of His Deity. This is one reason the Romans persecuted Christians (vs Caesar is God) and Jews accused them of blasphemy for making Jesus God.

It is not mere sir, lord, generic jesus/lord. The context in Phil. 2, Rom. 10, etc. is LORD YHWH, not lord elton john.

Trins fail to rightly divide the word of truth

"lord" is a general term.

It is not a reference to God only

However, most certainly God is LORD

However, His son is lord as well.

But not because of your reason, but because

God made Jesus both lord and anointed.

Acts 2:36

"Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ."

Jesus is lord because God made him lord

See how simple truth is when we rightly divide it!!!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The early church fathers quoted those verses many times but without the trin formula in them

The must have had texts which predate the ones we have.

the ones we have wrongful additions

There is no scriptural record of the believers doing that

Baptizing was baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ
How do you know what part of Sacred Scripture is trustworthy & what part is "wrongful addition?"

How I would answer this question: What did the earliest church believe?, and in this case, from as early as we can know, she called God by the name "Trinity."

And I think you've still got a Matthew 16:18 problem: "I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it," vs., over 90% of Christian churches pray to a "triune pagan god."

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
How do you know what part of Sacred Scripture is trustworthy & what part is "wrongful addition?"

How I would answer this question: What did the earliest church believe?, and in this case, from as early as we can know, she called God by the name "Trinity."

And I think you've still got a Matthew 16:18 problem: "I will build my church, and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it," vs., over 90% of Christian churches pray to a "triune pagan god."

It would help immensely if you would actually study church history relative to the extensive and prolonged development of the Orthodox Trinity doctrine.

oatmeal

Work

the answer is obvious

since scripture never calls God a trinity, "the earliest church" was in error

You really like to embarrass yourself?

Did Jesus Christ teach to pray to a "triune pagan god"?

No, if you had read and believed scripture, which your "the earliest church" didn't

you would have know that Jesus Christ taught to pray to

"our Father, who is in heaven"

Matthew 6:9

" After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."

Not a pagan triune god.

Do you trins even open a Bible?

" After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name."

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Work

the answer is obvious

since scripture never calls God a trinity, "the earliest church" was in error

You really like to embarrass yourself?

Did Jesus Christ teach to pray to a "triune pagan god"?

No, if you had read and believed scripture, which your "the earliest church" didn't

you would have know that Jesus Christ taught to pray to

"our Father, who is in heaven"

Matthew 6:9

Not a pagan triune god.

Do you trins even open a Bible?

How do you know that Matthew 28:19-20 was wrongfully added & Matthew 6:9 was not?

Does the church predate the writing of the Gospel of Matthew?

oatmeal

How do you know that Matthew 28:19-20 was wrongfully added & Matthew 6:9 was not?

Does the church predate the writing of the Gospel of Matthew?

I read.

Work

II Timothy 2:15

Evidently something trins have not yet learned

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I read.

Work

II Timothy 2:15

Evidently something trins have not yet learned
When I analyze the available information in order to draw a conclusion, it is hard work. It's easier to just make sure I've got the necessary information, because having the necessary information & all of it, makes my analysis a cinch.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
When I analyze the available information in order to draw a conclusion, it is hard work. It's easier to just make sure I've got the necessary information, because having the necessary information & all of it, makes my analysis a cinch.
The Lord's teaching to the heathen by the Twelve Apostles

VII
1. Baptise, in the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, in running water;
2. But if thou hast no running water, baptise in other water, and if thou canst not in cold, then in warm.
3. But if thou hast neither, pour water three times on the head in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.​
The Name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost is the Trinity. This was written mid-to-late first century

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The truth is not found by studying the Bible.

The truth imparted from the Spirit is confirmed by the Bible.

Most people study the works of men and then use that in their mind to overlay the very words of the Bible with it.

That method used by most all professing believers has nothing to do with living by every word which proceeds out of the mouth of God at all.

All it results in is in them becoming the same as the people they got their under standings from, and have no clue at all about who Jesus is because they have never met the man.

Mat 25:6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Mat 25:7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.

LA

oatmeal

Clearly, you need to keep searching.

and learning to rightly divide the word of truth